Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I’ll tell you what I think... if they let TD and Quinn start trading away players, Arthur may not be ready to let DQ and TD go...

Well they don't come as a package. I fully expect Quinn to be gone but TD to stay. Would be shocked if TD were fired as well.

I just hope we really vet the best coaching hire.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

42 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Going to be difficult to find a sucker to take on that ~$8M cap hit for his remaining salary this year.

I think teams (if any are actually interested in him) would wait it out and sign him for much cheaper than that in free agency.

Well, a team would actually have to sign him for a decent amount of chedda cheese and depending on what y'all do in free agency next year, it might cancel out any compensatory pick y'all would get for him.

However, some teams would rather trade a player now for a pick in the 2020 Draft than letting them go in free agency and not getting that compensatory pick until the 2021 Draft.

He has a high cap figure ($7.9M) for a WR3. Shedding his salary creates $6.5M in cap space for next year and y'all are already projected to be pretty tight up against the cap, even with the projected increase.

I know. I just don’t prefer for it to go down that way. 

Iron Saint likes this

I will give up the following g for Mr Beasley:

1 paper clip

1 old Tootsie POP wrapper

and 43 cents.

I need someone to beat my rugs, but on the other hand Beasley never beat anybody so no deal! 

Edited by Emmitt
Knight of God and Ergo Proxy like this

Just now, Knight of God said:

He’s worth a 5th or 6th based on potential and system. We used him right in 2016 and haven’t since. 

Freeney’s influence helped too. Can’t believe he’s been in the league five years and hasn’t looked to really bother adding to his skill set 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

We all know that. 

We know, but a lot of people (Beasley homers specifically) didn’t get this for a long time. I shouldn’t have told you tho. I was just noting this out there for everyone to see.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Freeney’s influence helped too. Can’t believe he’s been in the league five years and hasn’t looked to really bother adding to his skill set 

This. Irvin was helping him a little last year. People said it was Quinn but I said Irvin. I guess I was still wrong.

37 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think Beasley's money this season is now 100% fully guaranteed by the Falcons. Whatever team that trades for him will basically get him for pretty much free for this season outside of a pick.

Am I right?

It is fully guaranteed, but I believe the game checks (his salary) are paid by the team that he plays the games for.

Y'all paid the first six game checks and if y'all were to trade him, the team picking him up would pay his remaining game checks.

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

He has a high cap figure ($7.9M) for a WR3. Shedding his salary creates $6.5M in cap space for next year and y'all are already projected to be pretty tight up against the cap, even with the projected increase.

We could easily part way with 5-6 guys and gain $20 mil in cap space. 

2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Things we may get in a trade for Beasley:

P0.jpg

823b1a87-ff0e-4551-b515-284109fb3923.JPG

Do you really think we can get that much ?

2 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

We could easily part way with 5-6 guys and gain $20 mil in cap space. 

I am aware, hence my quoted post. However, that also creates 5-6 additional holes to fill through free agency or the draft.

A defense cannot be fast and physical when the softest player on the team is making 13M, and essentially gave the coach a middle finger by skipping OTAs after the coach said he would be hands on with him. Have to pick an identity and there is no way Beasley should have played a snap with us after that. The softest player on the team pulls that stunt after you gave him a vote of confidence. Gotta go. 

2 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Could be. I just don’t see Uncle Arthur allowing these guys to do anything with the roster If they’re headed for unemployment. 

I'm with you. I wouldn't let Quinn touch the roster if I'm canning him. Wouldn't be surprised if they give him another year... Depending on if the trade goes through

39 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Well they don't come as a package. I fully expect Quinn to be gone but TD to stay. Would be shocked if TD were fired as well.

I just hope we really vet the best coaching hire.

I wished people could see how huge of a issue TD really is.. He's very good about making senseless contracts work, but definitely dosnt have the insight to actually build a team.. Something thats necessary for a good GM

18 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I am aware, hence my quoted post. However, that also creates 5-6 additional holes to fill through free agency or the draft.

Those positions are already holes anyway. Really think Trufant, Bailey, Carpenter, Schaub, and Sambrailo are difference makers for us? 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

16 minutes ago, Falconguy said:

Do you really think we can get that much ?

Well last year we could have gotten a 3rd which I thought would have been a steal, so yeah... a pair of shoes or  20 year old ragged Chevy seems about right.

Better jump on the deal as well because if we give him more time to establish his value we will be looking at..

400_F_85448059_eHRkelx8dGcCKaW4LicHINyZ1

69ec5577d159a69017d7b612d0b4ee4f.jpg

It is the right move and he has been a disappointment over the last few years but he was a key piece of our super bowl run. He led the league in sacks and was a big reason we stopped Wilson and Rodgers in the playoff. His ability to spy those guys and keep them in the pocket was huge.

In the right situation, he can be a solid piece and a difference maker. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a contender trade for him as a 3rd defensive end. You can never have too many pass rushers.