Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

Just now, LouDog said:

Those lines go quick though lol they can be wrapped around the building here and you still get your food in less than 5 minutes

Yeah they do but seeing those lines I had to humble my thoughts real quick. 
Walmart has a frozen brand that tastes exactly like their chicken but I can’t find it here anymore. It’s in a red and white bag 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Beasley was a fraud the moment he stated that he was a double digit sack guy as he was interviewed on draft night. 2016 may go down as the luckiest season ever by a falcon. If not the luckiest it’s top 3

Dwight Freeney’s leadership combined with our historical offense causing opposing teams to play catch up all day, that allowed Vic Beasley’s anomaly season to happen.

ATLskinjob and rogueleadersf like this

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Could be Quinn’s way of flipping the bird back to Beasley since that’s kinda what Beasley did to him. Trade him to the Jets or something lmao

DQ bet on this man and he didn't even bother showing up. lol

Just now, mqg96 said:

Dwight Freeney’s leadership combined with our historical offense causing opposing teams to play catch up all day, that allowed Vic Beasley’s anomaly season to happen.

We all know that. 

mqg96 and Flying Falcon like this

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah they do but seeing those lines I had to humble my thoughts real quick. 
Walmart has a frozen brand that tastes exactly like their chicken but I can’t find it here anymore. It’s in a red and white bag 

My sister told me that about Sams. I didnt know they had it at Wal-Mart too

Edited by LouDog
ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, LouDog said:

My sister told me that about Sams. I didnt know they had it at Wal-Mart too

It may be the same brand. I bought them that one time and never found them again. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

It may be the same brand. I bought them that one time and never found them again. 

According to what I just read Chick Fila sued walmart so they had to quit selling them

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, LouDog said:

According to what I just read Chick Fila sued walmart so they had to quit selling them

SOB. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

SOB. 

Ive been told if you want to make a sandwich that tastes just like chick fila, marinate a chicken breast in pickle juice and then bread it and fry it. I haven't tried it yet but a lot of people swear that's what is different about their sandwiches

Edited by LouDog
ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Ive been told if you want to make a sandwich that tastes just like chick fila, marinate a chicken breast in pickle juice and then bread it and fry it. I haven't tried it yet but a lot of people swear that's what is different about their sandwiches

Hmmmmmmm.may have to do some research on that one. First time hearing that 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Hmmmmmmm.may have to do some research on that one. First time hearing that 

Ive heard it a lot over the last few months

ya_boi_j likes this

Going to be difficult to find a sucker to take on that ~$8M cap hit for his remaining salary this year.

I think teams (if any are actually interested in him) would wait it out and sign him for much cheaper than that in free agency.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Wouldn't the comp pick be better than anything we can get in a trade?

Well, a team would actually have to sign him for a decent amount of chedda cheese and depending on what y'all do in free agency next year, it might cancel out any compensatory pick y'all would get for him.

However, some teams would rather trade a player now for a pick in the 2020 Draft than letting them go in free agency and not getting that compensatory pick until the 2021 Draft.

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Sanu keeps getting thrown around but I don’t see him as a no brainer for being cut. He’s an extremely underrated member of the club.

He has a high cap figure ($7.9M) for a WR3. Shedding his salary creates $6.5M in cap space for next year and y'all are already projected to be pretty tight up against the cap, even with the projected increase.

poutlipper and Skin doc like this

I've had Beasley's back this whole time, but after what he's done this season I'm pissed at him. I've never seen a player in the NFL just not try as much as he does and consistently give up on plays like he does. He has no motivation and I feel like he's doing Quinn dirty by clearly not trying. Even this offseason he wasn't trying. Get rid of him please. That sort of lazy, lackadaisical attitude cannot be good for a locker room. And I think that getting rid of him sends the message of "step up or get out" to the rest of the team. No more free passes. No more "maybe he'll do better next season". Show us what you've got cause we are over the cap and we need some wins or get gone.

I will say though that I absolutely understand Quinn's fascination with him. If you ever go back and watch game footage of him his first step jumps off the screen at you. The guy is insanely fast and athletic, he just ain't got the dog or the work ethic in him that you need in this league. Get him out of here.

A 3rd would be amazing value, but at this point just give us a 5th and take him off of our hands.

A-TowN.- likes this

Trade....lol 

That’s some funny ****

DQ hung his kahunas on this nothing piece of poop for 13m

He is worthless...but a great person

Sorry Bs you can’t  help you were over drafted

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Should have gotten rid of him last year when he possibly had more value. Would be surprised if they got anything higher than a 3rd for him, which would be a win with good scouting 

With that new money we gave him, who's gonna take him?

We should be the biggest sellers right now.  

Sanu

Beasley

Trufant

Allen

Freeman

Too bad we whiffed and gave Matthews all that money.  

It’s also pretty funny to see how many people wanna get rid of him after begging us to draft him.

17 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Going to be difficult to find a sucker to take on that ~$8M cap hit for his remaining salary this year.

I think teams (if any are actually interested in him) would wait it out and sign him for much cheaper than that in free agency.

Well, a team would actually have to sign him for a decent amount of chedda cheese and depending on what y'all do in free agency next year, it might cancel out any compensatory pick y'all would get for him.

However, some teams would rather trade a player now for a pick in the 2020 Draft than letting them go in free agency and not getting that compensatory pick until the 2021 Draft.

He has a high cap figure ($7.9M) for a WR3. Shedding his salary creates $6.5M in cap space for next year and y'all are already projected to be pretty tight up against the cap, even with the projected increase.

I think Beasley's money this season is now 100% fully guaranteed by the Falcons. Whatever team that trades for him will basically get him for pretty much free for this season outside of a pick.

Am I right? 

Send him to NE for a 6th, so he can rack up 10 more sacks there this year, and they get a 3rd round comp pick for him... :bang:

We was offered a 3 last year if I remember correctly.... I'm not trading dude for no late round pick....  

If I can't get a 3rd or 4th for vic or sanu..   I'm riding it out

poutlipper and Ergo Proxy like this

5 minutes ago, atljbo said:

We was offered a 3 last year if I remember correctly.... I'm not trading dude for no late round pick....  

Take what you can get.

Beasley will be a FA this offseason and will be gone regardless.

How is it that 99% of the board could see that Beasley should have been shipped last season but this staff couldnt? Pretty sad that us amateurs knew better. 

What realistically could we get for him? I doubt the 3rd we were offered last year. 5th seems more realistic.

mikeg272 likes this

11 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Why? He has no value to this team and will be gone in.2020 regardless.