Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

I can't imagine anybody would want him now in mid season knowing he's a free agent next year. They may just wait and try to sign him then unless they can get him to agree on a lower contract now.

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

TD didnt hire Quinn.

You’re right... still think he should go also. If you’re starting over at HC AGAIN, then start over at GM too

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

You’re right... still think he should go also. If you’re starting over at HC AGAIN, then start over at GM too

Why? Keep TD in the same role he is in. Apparently he doesn't control the draft so let him stay. Bring in a HC and a guy for the draft.

A Dog Named Brian likes this

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Why? Keep TD in the same role he is in. Apparently he doesn't control the draft so let him stay. Bring in a HC and a guy for the draft.

I don’t see the point of keeping him if he’s not capable of running the draft and assisting in team building. You don’t need your GM to just be the point man between scouting and coaching or to just write contracts. 

to be honest... I’m just sick of the whole thing and I’m disgruntled with it. I’m sick of seeing HoF caliber careers being wasted and I want to blame everybody. 

Ovie_Lover and GhostofGritz like this

25 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Sounds like we gonna be moving up in the draft. Get those picks stockpiled. 

If they keep playing how they’ve been playing moving up would be pretty stupid unless someone makes Miami one **** of an offer

8 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I don’t see the point of keeping him if he’s not capable of running the draft and assisting in team building. You don’t need your GM to just be the point man between scouting and coaching or to just write contracts. 

to be honest... I’m just sick of the whole thing and I’m disgruntled with it. I’m sick of seeing HoF caliber careers being wasted and I want to blame everybody. 

We have those HOF career players because of TD.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If they keep playing how they’ve been playing moving up would be pretty stupid unless someone makes Miami one **** of an offer

I was meaning for additional 2nd round pick. I’ll admit I havent looked at the draft class at tho 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

$12.8 million

Well Vic didn’t perform so it’s a tax deductible charity donation, no?

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Well Vic didn’t perform so it’s a tax deductible charity donation, no?

Wishful thinking

Shoot if we got a 5th for this dude I would be happy. Better to get something than nothing. 

Won't shock me if we do something stupid and do an illustrious "pick swap"

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

We have those HOF career players because of TD.

I get that... I still want to blame everybody... Other posters on this board get to act irrational and I want a minute to do it. Stop trying to talk me out of it. 

Skin doc and Ovie_Lover like this

39 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Sanu keeps getting thrown around but I don’t see him as a no brainer for being cut. He’s an extremely underrated member of the club. 

Vic May be as good as gone but if someone wants him Enough to trade him, it means he has value and may be valuable to a new staff in a limited role. 

This. Err'body just needs to keep Sanu's name outta their mouth...dude's worth everything he gets and more. Cutting/trading is not the only option, would like to see him restructured and retained...

Since I'm here, might as well mention that the Broncos seem to have the entire team on the trading block... I wonder if Beasley for any of their guys would make sense?

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

Who steps up once he’s gone?

anyone who can walk on the field and line up is a step up

1 hour ago, 4dabirds said:

It's a shame that things haven't worked out with Beasley. If the Falcons are able to get anything under a 5th round pick for him then I'd be surprised. Vic could very well work in another team's system. The fact that the Falcons picked him in the first, and that he had such a monster 2nd season only to drop off so drastically, is either the results of bad coaching and injury or a lack of focus on VB's part. I'm excited to see something happen, and for someone else to get the opportunity to take VB's spot.

If I was a GM I would take a look... what made vic good in college was the people around him.. so if I'm a team that has a solid line (rams) that can mimic the college days.. and pretty much run QB into vic Beasley arms (Rodger sack) then you take a chance he brings very very little to the table... but he gets his hands in the air to knock passes down... was good at QB spying (not as of late) and has been a 5+ sack guy...

I would trade a 5th maybe a 4th for him and try and get a 7th in return... and that's only if that helps me get a chance net a draft pick after I might not resign him.. 

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

By the way I remember when the talk on this board was that we couldn't get a bag of chips for Duke Riley then we got a safety for him and all of a sudden Riley was everyone's favorite player...

red falcon likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Bruh both lanes were deep at the one by the mall. Sheesh. 

Those lines go quick though lol they can be wrapped around the building here and you still get your food in less than 5 minutes