Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

It's a shame that things haven't worked out with Beasley. If the Falcons are able to get anything under a 5th round pick for him then I'd be surprised. Vic could very well work in another team's system. The fact that the Falcons picked him in the first, and that he had such a monster 2nd season only to drop off so drastically, is either the results of bad coaching and injury or a lack of focus on VB's part. I'm excited to see something happen, and for someone else to get the opportunity to take VB's spot.

Us letting go of Vic will put a chip on his shoulder so if he succeeds elsewhere I would not care AT ALL. Him being traded would be the first reality check for him since being in the NFL. I am absolutely convinced that Beasley will not succeed here under any circumstances and it will probably take him being traded for that light switch to flip.

NeonDeion, ATLskinjob and 4dabirds like this

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

Could be. I just don’t see Uncle Arthur allowing these guys to do anything with the roster If they’re headed for unemployment. 

But at the same time, Vic or Sanu are like no brainers for cap needs next year (Sanu) or assets that won’t be here(Vic)... :shrug:

4 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

It would be wholly unwise to trade away assets if you plan on a new regime in 2020. Not that Beasley is an asset at this point but you know what I mean. 

I see what you’re saying but I don’t think it means Quinn’s job is safe though. TD maybe but not Quinn

GhostofGritz likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

But at the same time, Vic or Sanu are like no brainers for cap needs next year (Sanu) or assets that won’t be here(Vic)... :shrug:

Sanu keeps getting thrown around but I don’t see him as a no brainer for being cut. He’s an extremely underrated member of the club. 

Vic May be as good as gone but if someone wants him Enough to trade him, it means he has value and may be valuable to a new staff in a limited role. 

Falconcheff likes this

3 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Sanu keeps getting thrown around but I don’t see him as a no brainer for being cut. He’s an extremely underrated member of the club. 

Vic May be as good as gone but if someone wants him Enough to trade him, it means he has value and may be valuable to a new staff in a limited role. 

With the defense needing a big overhaul & investment, keeping Sanu would be saying bye to Hooper.

Sanu 31 or Hooper 25 & entering prime?

NeonDeion likes this

28 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Should have gotten rid of him last year when he possibly had more value. Would be surprised if they got anything higher than a 3rd for him, which would be a win with good scouting 

Rumor was the offer was a 3rd last year...that value could have only decreased, unless TD can convince a team he is good and Q And his scheme just suck.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

With the defense needing a big overhaul & investment, keeping Sanu would be saying bye to Hooper.

Think so? That would definitely suck. I genuinely don’t know enough about the cap situation. I know a lot of folks think it’s bad but I also know that many teams operate and make moves with bad cap situations all the time. 

Schwarzwald likes this

So earlier this year I was paying more attention to my daughter than my shot sequence and I dry fired my compound bow. It derailed and the cams chewed the serving up so bad it was dangerous to shoot. I had to get a new string. 

Anyway, the old string is on the trading block if anyone wants to trade me a working bowstring or some currency I can use to buy a working bowstring. 

6 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Think so? That would definitely suck. I genuinely don’t know enough about the cap situation. I know a lot of folks think it’s bad but I also know that many teams operate and make moves with bad cap situations all the time. 

If the Defense was mostly set I would think keeping Sanu wouldn’t be as big of a question, but if they truly have to decide on Hooper or Sanu I believe it’s Austin all the way.

We basically are $10M over next year(can change before then ofc) and without an extension or restructure(said he wouldn’t take paycut), he is the highest potential cap relief player to be cut or traded vs dead monies.

Use that to keep Hoop.

**** Quinn for not moving him last year when we had offers on the table. Leave it to dumb*** Quinn to double down and offer vic beasley 13mm on top just to try to trade him when his value is nonexistent 

shock and Osiruz like this

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Rumor was the offer was a 3rd last year...that value could have only decreased, unless TD can convince a team he is good and Q And his scheme just suck.

Let's hope someone looks at Vic as a former season sack leader and 1st Team All-Pro and give up at least a 4th lol 

There's some idiots out there. Just need the right one.

13 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Could be. But I’ll be pissed if they fire Quinn and TD is allowed to stay. No GM should get 3 cracks at hiring a head coach. 

TD didnt hire Quinn.

Rings likes this

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

So earlier this year I was paying more attention to my daughter than my shot sequence and I dry fired my compound bow. It derailed and the cams chewed the serving up so bad it was dangerous to shoot. I had to get a new string. 

Anyway, the old string is on the trading block if anyone wants to trade me a working bowstring or some currency I can use to buy a working bowstring. 

What kind of bow you got? I just got into it myself and want to get into bow hunting. 

JDaveG likes this

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

What kind of bow you got? I just got into it myself and want to get into bow hunting. 

Hoyt Defiant. I think it’s a 2016 model. Don’t hesitate. It’s a fantastic sport. 

Don’t dry fire your bow though. It ruins the trade value of the string :(

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Hoyt Defiant. I think it’s a 2016 model. Don’t hesitate. It’s a fantastic sport. 

Don’t dry fire your bow though. It ruins the trade value of the string :(

I got a Reflex Grizzly. Heard Hoyt bought Reflex or Reflex bought Hoyt? Idk if that's true.

But I've been loving it. Need to learn the little things like adjusting my sights and draw weight. My buddy has been helping me out.

JDaveG likes this

41 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

Can’t see us getting much

In his case it's addition by subtraction. We're a better team the instant his name is dropped from the roster.

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Based what I heard during Quinn's hire was that he only answers to Blank.

Does that mean TD is under Quinn?

This. It was Quinn made the decision to keep TD.

Quinn picks the players.

Quinn has final say on who we keep.

And when it worked everyone loved Quinn but now it's not and its TD's fault somehow.