Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheFalcoholic

Falcons Tied for Fewest Sacks in NFL

24 posts in this topic

So sad and pathetic coming from a defensive mastermind in his 5th year as head coach. Haven't had a sack in a month. And we are paying Beasley 13 million dollars :rolleyes:

FLOWERY BRANCH — 
The Falcons have not recorded a sack since the 9:50 mark of the third quarter against the Colts on Sept. 22. Defensive ends Vic Beasley and Takk McKinley sacked Colts quarterback Jacoby Brissett on second-and-13 from the Colts’ 22 that day. In subsequent games against mobile quarterbacks, the Falcons failed to sack Tennessee’s Marcus Mariota, Houston’s Deshaun Watson and Arizona’s Kyler Murray. Overall, it’s been 242 defensive snaps since the Falcons recorded a sack. The Colts ran 21 more plays after the Beasley-McKinley sack. There were 69 defensive snaps in the Arizona game, 73 against Houston and 79 against Tennessee. The Falcons have just five sacks, tied with Miami for the lowest total in the NFL.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/been-242-defensive-snaps-since-falcons-had-sack/ZBi7y1R3ztUcMXLCobE5CP/

The fact the Falcons are next to the Dolphins, who are clearly trying to tank,  in several defensive statistics Is disturbing.

But the Falcons got them beat in total points allowed.

Also the Falcons have a two separate games where the other team only had to punt once.  Phins have one.

Falcons May have fewer turnovers as well...

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Just now, pearljamnash13 said:

So let's just keep sending three or four and dropping everyone else. Seems like a strategy to remedy this issue. <_<

There was a play in the Texans game where 6 guys lined up on the LOS.

At the snap 3 from the middle dropped into coverage.  Vic, Takk, and maybe Grady

16 minutes ago, West Sider said:

And this dude “bet” how many millions again that Beasley would perform? 

Glad it’s not my money. If I was Blank I would be pissed! 

And call the police because I am being robbed! :ninja:

Flying Falcon likes this

Worth remembering for Beasley's sack of Wentz in the Eagles game, Lane Johnson pushed him way outside of the pocket but then Wentz improvised and scrambled right into where Johnson was pushing Beasley out of the play. It was a very lucky sack. 

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Worth remembering for Beasley's sack of Wentz in the Eagles game, Lane Johnson pushed him way outside of the pocket but then Wentz improvised and scrambled right into where Johnson was pushing Beasley out of the play. It was a very lucky sack. 

:doh:

Flying Falcon likes this

too lazy to research this, BUT didnt we have a coinflip with Miami or something the year we drafted Ryan, or was it a different team. Perhaps we are headed in that direction again!

Say what you will about the pass rush and defense but you can't deny we call a mean heads or tails. I'd really like to see more focus put on that for the remainder of the season. Perhaps some drills, loud music, navy seals, catch phrases, the whole works would be great. 

NCFalconfan likes this

42 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

The effects of Dan Quinn

865185182.0.jpg

The DL Whisperer or Whisper

Defense whisperer!

takk had wiffed on at least 7 sacks and the rest of the dline at least a dozen more.. its really really sad to watch us make every qb the reincarnation of MV7

We've been terrible at rushing the passer since Abraham left, it's incredible how we haven't been able to cure the problem AT ALL. Like VB44 had his fluke year with Freeney mentoring or w/e made him good. But now it's like every QB is greased up and our dudes can't get 'em down EVER.

DogIsYourName likes this

12 hours ago, revrndzombie said:

but you can't deny we call a mean heads or tails.

Yet, we lost the coin toss at the end of regulation in the Super Bowl. 

Fast and Physical …..More like slow and clueless Takk should be on the trading block as well -nothing about his season so far tells me he'll be better next year cut bait now...…..

F O H Dan Quinn

On 10/18/2019 at 11:59 AM, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Should have known the season was going to go down the drain when Quinn decided to give Beasley 12.5 mil and this guy doesn't even show up for mini camp. Just tank for Chase Young already. Oh and Takk should be a backup next year if still on the team.

I said the Same Takk as depth is fine Takk as a lead dawgg no way

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this