Knight of God

My Very Unpopular Opinions

113 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

QBs that run 5.2 40s are VERY boring to me regardless of records but to each their own.

Effective and entertaining are two different things, I wish you guys would understand that.

Much rather have effective then entertaining. But that's typical falcon fan thinking

falcons007 and kiwifalcon like this

4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Much rather have effective then entertaining. But that's typical falcon fan thinking

Players can be both exciting and effective. There's at least one good QB coming out of the draft every year, some years multiple starting caliber players.

I don't want to trade him or cut him but I also don't want to rule out any future chances of us getting a developmental prospect. Patriots had Brady and still drafted Jimmy G. It could turn into trade capital or a potential replacement, and I DON'T CARE which one.

I'm indifferent towards Ryan. Don't hate him or love him, but he's the guy so you might as well build around him. I don't care about the volume stats either, I care about efficiency and wins.

ShadyRef likes this

On 10/18/2019 at 2:51 AM, Knight of God said:

QB - I like Ryan, I hate that fans are unrealistic about him. At this point, I would hope a true back-up/understudy is drafted or signed in 2020. I like mobile rather than running or statue QBs. 

RB - What are we doing??? I thought we love Freeman!?!? Protect him, play one of those young inactive guys. Right? Lol. Really, draft a home run prospect. Stop dipping your toes and just jump in the RB pool.

FB - I’m good

WR - Trade Sanu??? Wow! Dude is actually the clutch 3rd down guy. My opinion only. No need to draft though. We have Ridley.

TE - Hooper is fine. Good. Schemes for. Get a Joker TE though.

OL - Meh, all around

DL - We have really really good players here. Maybe a blue chip guy to play nose. Stop playing.

EDGE - Utter crap. Takk May have pressures, but he’s less than mediocre. I don’t care. The only true edge guy is Clayborn and he’s a rotational guy. Utter crap. People will defend certain players, if we have him or him, this guy would be better. No, these guys would still suck. Except Clayborn.

LBs - Debo. That is all we have. Everyone else are average with flashes.

Secondary - A lot of role players and a guy on his second season ending injury. Time to get realistic and stop playing.

Nothing unpopular at all about what you said. Everything you said was accurate as ****. I think Quinn’s biggest mistake was never finding a true centerfield FS. There were plenty of top tier options to select at quality rounds and we ignored it. We’re paying for it now as our entire secondary is dog$hit. Talent aside, our scheme is so vanilla and predictable that even if we had better players it wouldn’t matter because coaches know how to scheme against it. 

Knight of God likes this

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Running game feels like it could be there. Seems like they are arbitrarily deciding to avoid it. May cost Freeman his role with the team 

To me, Freeman is overrated. He is one of those players that overachieved and got mistakened as a tier 1 running back after an amazing year. I just don't think this blocking scheme is for him. Unfortunately he got paid like a top back and our coaches are too loyal to certain players from 2016 to realize change is needed.

This continues to be a problem with Dimitroff at the helm. He always preaches keeping your core but fail to realize when the core is no longer talented enough in an ever evolving nfl. The same thing happened under Mike Smith. 

Don't get me wrong. I actually like Thomas Dimitroff. Unfortunately this might be his last season. He is too married to his draft picks instead of being able to identify when to make necessary moves to acquire playmaking/ game changing free agents when they're available.  We stay stagnant instead.  That's the next wall Dimitroff has to break through in his next gig. 

Overall he had done a fabulous job honestly. But if we keep Quinn for another season, we would definitely need a fresh set of eyes at gm.

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Running game feels like it could be there. Seems like they are arbitrarily deciding to avoid it. May cost Freeman his role with the team 

Koetter. That's all you need to know really. He doesn't run against good defensive fronts and he doesn't make the run game a priority.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I will take a boring and competitive guy over exciting and casual player like Vick. These athletes don’t last long at QB.

its funny people hate on Matt Ryan stats but they are missing the most important part. When the whole team sucks, he is the only guy competing to score points. That is some one who doesn’t give up, boring or not. He could have folded with the rest of the team sulking on side lines blaming others. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Just now, falcons007 said:

I will take a boring and competitive guy over exciting and casual player like Vick. These athletes don’t last long at QB.

its funny people hate on Matt Ryan stats but they are missing the most important part. When the whole team sucks, he is the only guy competing to score points. That is some one who doesn’t give up, boring or not.

Exactly this. 

falcons007 likes this

17 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Koetter. That's all you need to know really. He doesn't run against good defensive fronts and he doesn't make the run game a priority.

I think it has more to do with no defense. It takes patience to establish the run. This offense can’t risk punts with being patient. ****ed if you do, when you can’t afford to put offense in 3rd and long.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I think it has more to do with no defense. It takes patience to establish the run. This offense can’t risk punts with being patient. ****ed if you do, when you can’t afford to put offense in 3rd and long.

I hear this excuse anywhere Koetter goes. We start slow and only get back into it when defenses let up. And I agree the defense is garbage so I'm not just tryna fight

Pretty much agree with everything you said KOG.

Meh OL for sure, even with 4 former 1st round picks. DE is a mess. Why we let go of Larkin is beyond me. At least he showed heart. LB and SS are massive holes for us too.

Just hate that we aren’t trying anything new on defense. Our scheme is dated, and we refuse to give other players a chance. Grace, Neasman, Cominsky, and Carter are all getting little to no snaps. If we are going to give up nearly 400 yards a game on defense, I’d rather us at least see if some of the younger guys are worth keeping around. 

Knight of God and vitaman like this

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I hear this excuse anywhere Koetter goes. We start slow and only get back into it when defenses let up. And I agree the defense is garbage so I'm not just tryna fight

Not at all. He tried with colts game, the team got behind. Go look at the drives. In the games the team didn’t fall behind, he had good run game. I hated the Colts first half, runs on first downs and offense in 3rd and long. Colts jumped on big lead. 

if anything, it’s DQ and his sorry excuse of a defense.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Pretty much sums it up. Very good recap of the reality. There is a lot of work to do. 

Sums up my sentiment. 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this