Knight of God

My Very Unpopular Opinions

113 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

QB - I like Ryan, I hate that fans are unrealistic about him. At this point, I would hope a true back-up/understudy is drafted or signed in 2020. I like mobile rather than running or statue QBs. 

RB - What are we doing??? I thought we love Freeman!?!? Protect him, play one of those young inactive guys. Right? Lol. Really, draft a home run prospect. Stop dipping your toes and just jump in the RB pool.

FB - I’m good

WR - Trade Sanu??? Wow! Dude is actually the clutch 3rd down guy. My opinion only. No need to draft though. We have Ridley.

TE - Hooper is fine. Good. Schemes for. Get a Joker TE though.

OL - Meh, all around

DL - We have really really good players here. Maybe a blue chip guy to play nose. Stop playing.

EDGE - Utter crap. Takk May have pressures, but he’s less than mediocre. I don’t care. The only true edge guy is Clayborn and he’s a rotational guy. Utter crap. People will defend certain players, if we have him or him, this guy would be better. No, these guys would still suck. Except Clayborn.

LBs - Debo. That is all we have. Everyone else are average with flashes.

Secondary - A lot of role players and a guy on his second season ending injury. Time to get realistic and stop playing.

I agree with the offensive portion. The part about Sanu may be more due to our current situation. Sanu has value, and we probably won't be able to keep him after this season. Get what you can.

Defensive, our problems are primarily scheme related. If we're running a 3-4, we need some bigger LBs. Debo can rush with his speed. Grady at 3-4 DE, with a massive NT. The Secondary can play better with a decent front 7. 

Bottom line:. If Quinn is gonna be here, he's gotta let his ego walk. Allow a defensive coordinator to come in with his own system.

12 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I agree with the offensive portion. The part about Sanu may be more due to our current situation. Sanu has value, and we probably won't be able to keep him after this season. Get what you can.

Defensive, our problems are primarily scheme related. If we're running a 3-4, we need some bigger LBs. Debo can rush with his speed. Grady at 3-4 DE, with a massive NT. The Secondary can play better with a decent front 7. 

Bottom line:. If Quinn is gonna be here, he's gotta let his ego walk. Allow a defensive coordinator to come in with his own system.

I don’t disagree. I didn’t go with facts. This is all just feels.

I like what I saw from Sheffield granted it was one game. He should take Oliver's spot.

I believed in the pass rushers I'm bout done with em. I was in Campbell's corner as well not sure what happened. 

I wish they'd just throw comminsky out there to see what happens. It's not working with vic and tak.

Have to cover better though.

PokerSteve and jas82487 like this

Lol. You got 5 first round picks coming up?

Really unrealistic expectations. Ito and Ollie will do just fine as RB. No need to waste more picks. 

OL is gonna be solid but we need to draft Mack replacement.

Sadly gotta trade Sanu now but do it 

Rico is a football player. Solid at FS. 

We probably need to draft Neal’s replacement unfortunately and we need to find a competent LB next to Debo. Toss Vic and get another edge. Keep Takk. 

We need a game changer on D so we need to just go BPA defense 1st-3rd rounds. Our offense is loaded even once Free and Sanu move on. 

Edited by NeonDeion

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If these are unpopular I'd hate to see the popular opinions lol

What do you think of the rooks on OL? Still meh? That's the only one I'm iffy on, but like...heavily biased here

Lindstrom is hurt so until he comes back I slowly become more skeptical. McGary I like his attitude, but he’s suffering because of the situation. Have to wait and see, but so far...meh

21 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Lol. You got 5 first round picks coming up?

Really unrealistic expectations. Ito and Ollie will do just fine as RB. No need to waste more picks. 

OL is gonna be solid but we need to draft Mack replacement.

Sadly gotta trade Sanu now but do it 

Rico is a football player. Solid at FS. 

We probably need to draft Neal’s replacement unfortunately and we need to find a competent LB next to Debo. Toss Vic and get another edge. Keep Takk. 

We need a game changer on D so we need to just go BPA defense 1st-3rd rounds. Our offense is loaded even once Free and Sanu move on. 

I disagree with everything there. Happily. Like I said, unpopular opinions man.

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

QB - I like Ryan, I hate that fans are unrealistic about him. At this point, I would hope a true back-up/understudy is drafted or signed in 2020. I like mobile rather than running or statue QBs. 

RB - What are we doing??? I thought we love Freeman!?!? Protect him, play one of those young inactive guys. Right? Lol. Really, draft a home run prospect. Stop dipping your toes and just jump in the RB pool.

FB - I’m good

WR - Trade Sanu??? Wow! Dude is actually the clutch 3rd down guy. My opinion only. No need to draft though. We have Ridley.

OL - Meh, all around

DL - We have really really good players here. Maybe a blue chip guy to play nose. Stop playing.

EDGE - Utter crap. Takk May have pressures, but he’s less than mediocre. I don’t care. The only true edge guy is Clayborn and he’s a rotational guy. Utter crap. People will defend certain players, if we have him or him, this guy would be better. No, these guys would still suck. Except Clayborn.

Secondary - A lot of role players and a guy on his second season ending injury. Time to get realistic and stop playing.

Pretty much sums it up. Very good recap of the reality. There is a lot of work to do. 

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

FB - I’m good

OL - Meh, all around

Love the post kog. Do you receive pm's?

Knight of God likes this

FB - I’m good

OL - Meh, all around

I don't want the heir apparent QB on the roster for more than 1 year with Matt Ryan, for the simple fact if we find a stud replacement on a rookie deal we can stack the roster with FA for a year or 2. So I do not see a need for a replacement guy for 2 more years at least.

The O-line would look much different if Lindstrom hadn't gotten hurt.

The defensive scheme is a mess. No one knows what they are doing. 

NeonDeion likes this

FB - I’m good

OL - Meh, all around

• QB: Complaining about MR is like complaining about a bad headache while you have internal bleeding, two broken legs and an collapsed lung.
  • OL:  Not good but probably good enough to win games if we can avoid getting behind the chains with penalties. Brown struggles to stay on field.
  • RB: Five on roster but only really giving one carries.  I understood keeping all of them but expected them to be used even if sparingly.
  • FB: Smith has been either good or invisible....that works for me.
  • TE: Hooper has been awesome. Want to see more Graham and minimal throws to Stocker otherwise I'm good with this group.
  • WR: We're set here, we just need to get the ball to them.
  • DL:  Honestly not bad but we need to stop with the rushing three stuff.  Grady is a boss and Allen and Davidson good role players.
  • EDGE:  A complete disappointment.  Clayborn is decent but Takk is sporadic and Vic is .. Vic.
  • LBs:  Really think we should look to give Foye and Grace more reps.  Dre has not looked good this year.
  • S:  Rico hasn't had a great year but I think cause he is trying to clean up a lot left by others (plus no pass rush).  Ish is not an answer...rather roll with Neasman or move Rico to strong and put Kazee at FS.
  • CB:  With no pass rush, I hesitate to beat this group up but they have looked a mess.  Down on Oliver but I think he can still be good if put in right situations.
  • ST:  Coverage has been a bit better than I remember the past few years but punter carousel and a couple of ugly kicks from Money have been negatives.

Agreed. Takk has ability but is so undisciplined and under developed it's criminal. No hand usage, just a bull in a china shop mentality. After that, it's a laughing stock group. You and I were lukewarm on bringing Clayborn back, but agree he's the only decent edge guy, which is sad to say the least. 

Debo is legit. Foye is ok. Reminds me of the Worrilow/Bartu days though. At least he doesn't make many mistakes. Campbell has been bad for years. Is Vic a LB? Lol do I count him here? Stupid. No good defense has had mediocre LBs. 

Secondary is just abysmal. Bunch of mismatch players. No football awareness. 

This is may be unpopular but it is true.  I don’t know on which Planet Takk is getting QB pressures. He had most of the pressures in Eagles game and a below average game in AZ. Other than that it has been pathetic no show, game after game. Vic is Not far behind in being terrible. 
Only Consistent edge guy has been Clayborne but he ain’t world beater. 

Knight of God likes this