Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1970

Can We Please Take The Quickest Path To Rest?

30 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

To be honest, I rest well when it comes the Falcons because I got too much going on with me to even feel so attached to them like that.

It sucks seeing them fail to win, but it doesn't bother me to the point it becomes worrisome to me. I hope one day we can all celebrate as fans a SB championship, but until then it is what it is.

This. When I was in high school/college sports wins and losses would define my week. Now as I get older, have a family, and have lost loved ones along the way, it doesn't weigh me down. Yeah, I still get up for games on Sunday and get disappointed or happy with the outcome, but I'm over it by Monday afternoon and on to the next game. 

I'll certainly celebrate a championship if we get one, but it's not going to make me feel as if life is unfulfilled if it never happens. 

On 10/18/2019 at 1:51 AM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

This team is never winning anything in any of our lifetimes.

Unfortunately you are correct,never is more likely.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

I have hope every week and have since I was about 7 years old. I always watch the entire game and hope no matter how bad we are, but this year has been struggle. My blind homerism is being replaced by visions of players quitting in the middle of the play and uncovered receivers running all over our defense.

I’m trying brother, I’m trying......

Edited by Emmitt

@FalconFanSince1970

The  post from you is still why you are one of my faves. Sure we have to wade through nickname laced tirades and "Dimitroffed" or hood ornament posts but it's all good to me.

Because every now and then , when the dust settles you peck out a gem like this. 

Cheers brother. Hope we all get that rest.

Oh yeah, Go Astros!

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

22 hours ago, Power I said:

This. When I was in high school/college sports wins and losses would define my week. Now as I get older, have a family, and have lost loved ones along the way, it doesn't weigh me down. Yeah, I still get up for games on Sunday and get disappointed or happy with the outcome, but I'm over it by Monday afternoon and on to the next game. 

I'll certainly celebrate a championship if we get one, but it's not going to make me feel as if life is unfulfilled if it never happens. 

I’m pretty much the same. It’s a game. I do enjoy the heck out of it, but I’ve lost zero blood or treasure over any team spectator sport, nor will I ever.