Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1970

Can We Please Take The Quickest Path To Rest?

30 posts in this topic

I understand how he feels.

My first memory of being a Falcons fan was watching us stomp the Saints 62-7, 1973. 

My 9 yr young brain thought every Sunday for the next 60 years was going to be just like that wonderful day.

They haven't been. 

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm tired. Plus my pops is 93 and bought the freakin $10K PSL after I advised him not to. He's been hangin in there even longer than me. We need rest guys. I started out as a Packer fan in 1966 because they were the team I used on the vibrating NFL game he gave me for Christmas. Bart Starr was my man. Switched to the Rams when I saw the fearsome foursome and Roman Gabriel. I didn't become a Falcon fan until 1970 when pop took me to my first Falcon game. Against the Steelers. We beat em after Harmon went off. At the time I wanted to be a RB so dude was my first favorite Falcon. Followed by Nobis, Claude and many others. 

Seen lots of good Falcon fans leave this earth since then. Simply trying to get rest. I don't want to be one of em. At this point I would love to see us spark up an as beatin run. I'm talkin a 9-1 run to get to a second season on a streak. Then go 4-0 to get some rest. I know it sounds far fetched but it's possible if we open up a can of whoopass Sunday and stay on that path. We have the tools. Gotta execute. Players and Coaches. The 2019 league looks watered down to me. Primed for an as whoopin. Dimi might need to add a vet corner and pass rusher before the deadline though. Definitely don't wanna see another rebuild. And please Never Tank!!!

We've gone on runs before. See 1980 (11-2) , 1991 (10-3), 1998 (11-1), 2002 (7-0-1), 2008 (9-3), 2010 (13-2), 2012 (13-3), and 2016 (11-4). This league is way softer than it was in those days. The only team that looks legit to me this year is the Patriots. We owe them some get back. I'm really hoping Quinn can coach up his defense starting Sunday and get us headed in the right direction. He usually does in the second half, but he needs to start this Sunday in Week 7. Blank needs rest, Pops needs rest, I need rest, you need rest, we all need rest. Coach em up now Quinn or State Line. Dimi and several players too. We need rest now. Not in 2023.

Ok now I’m on Amazon searching for survival gear to build my bunker for the coming apocalypse. FFS1970 just made a hopeful inspirational post. I’ll be dammed

cheers 

Edited by NeonDeion

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm tired. Plus my pops is 93 and bought the freakin $10K PSL after I advised him not to. He's been hangin in there even longer than me. We need rest guys. I started out as a Packer fan in 1966 because they were the team I used on the vibrating NFL game he gave me for Christmas. Bart Starr was my man. Switched to the Rams when I saw the fearsome foursome and Roman Gabriel. I didn't become a Falcon fan until 1970 when pop took me to my first Falcon game. Against the Steelers. We beat em after Harmon went off. At the time I wanted to be a RB so dude was my first favorite Falcon. Followed by Nobis, Claude and many others. 

Seen lots of good Falcon fans leave this earth since then. Simply trying to get rest. I don't want to be one of em. At this point I would love to see us spark up an as beatin run. I'm talkin a 9-1 run to get to a second season on a streak. Then go 4-0 to get some rest. I know it sounds far fetched but it's possible if we open up a can of whoopass Sunday and stay on that path. We have the tools. Gotta execute. Players and Coaches. The 2019 league looks watered down to me. Primed for an as whoopin. Dimi might need to add a vet corner and pass rusher before the deadline though. Definitely don't wanna see another rebuild. And please Never Tank!!!

We've gone on runs before. See 1980 (11-2) , 1991 (10-3), 1998 (11-1), 2002 (7-0-1), 2008 (9-3), 2010 (13-2), 2012 (13-3), and 2016 (11-4). This league is way softer than it was in those days. The only team that looks legit to me this year is the Patriots. We owe them some get back. I'm really hoping Quinn can coach up his defense starting Sunday and get us headed in the right direction. He usually does in the second half, but he needs to start this Sunday in Week 7. Blank needs rest, Pops needs rest, I need rest, you need rest, we all need rest. Coach em up now Quinn or State Line. Dimi and several players too. We need rest now. Not in 2023.

You’re a national treasure bro. You really are. Nick Cage needs to make a movie about ole ‘70

Wrap it up, we can’t even beat the cardinals!  Just hoping we don’t falcon and do falcon things and miss a sure top 5 pick next year.

To be honest, I rest well when it comes the Falcons because I got too much going on with me to even feel so attached to them like that.

It sucks seeing them fail to win, but it doesn't bother me to the point it becomes worrisome to me. I hope one day we can all celebrate as fans a SB championship, but until then it is what it is.

21 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Amen.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They had a better chance last year 

On 10/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I would rather avoid Brady and Bellicheck. Hopefully we win it right after they retire or miss the SB. Our incompetent coaching staff wouldn't have a chance against Bellicheck 

7 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Fastest path = cheat. Ask the Saints and Patriots. 

Kidding. Sort of. 

Would you really care if the falcons were accused of cheating? I wouldn’t. The saints and patriots fans certainly don’t 

Ovie_Lover and JDaveG like this

This post resonates in my soul... Been here since 89. I know a lot of y'all have been here much longer.

I hope maybe we can have one in our lifetimes.

23 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

It’s a mystery why the defense is so awful. There’s no fundamental reason it should be _this _ bad.

So that means there’s the possibility the light switch could suddenly flip on.

i really doubt it, but you never know.

3rd - 15

......... ummmm ok?? Newsflash this team still sucks and is definitely not winning 9 straight games smh be realistic