Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Falcons: De’Vondre Campbell needs to be benched

84 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

3-4 doesn't mean this at all. You are also not showing blitz just because the jack is on the line. 3-4 is about confusing the oline where the 4th rusher is coming from. Blitz is anything with 5 rushers. 

unfortunately the only thing being confused is our players. We were also rushing 5 quite frequently last I watched, with Dre/Vic/Takk coming off the edge.

Just now, Embrace the suck said:

unfortunately the only thing being confused is our players. We were also rushing 5 quite frequently last I watched, with Dre/Vic/Takk coming off the edge.

When is Dre rushing the passer? Its not often.

Vandy likes this

37 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

You are right we have been blitzing a lot but that is not a formation thing that is a game plan thing. We have been playing lots of Young QB's. 

20 hours ago, SPITFIRE said:

Because there is a difference between position and role . 

Well we need someone who can play the role of “not leaving guys wide the **** open”. 

PokerSteve likes this

20 hours ago, Captain Falcon said:

I swear as bad as Campbell has been, Foye is worse. He seems like a poor mans Campbell. Athletic but always seems late... and quite frankly at least Campbell seems to play with some toughness. I’m not saying Campbell has been good (he’s been bad), but Foye has really not shown anything and has been just so unimpressive in the little opportunities he’s gotten. 

I don’t think so to be honest. Foye has outplayed Campbell the last two seasons. Campbell hasn’t been all that great since 2017, and even PFF has him graded higher than Campbell over the last two seasons. That isn’t saying much since Campbell is cheeks, but I’d rather see something different on the field for a change.

We’ve had enough of a sample size to come to the conclusion that Campbell just isn’t that good. We know what we have in him. At least with Foye, he’s younger and honestly it can’t be much worse than what Campbell has shown us. Give the younger guy some reps, and if he doesn’t improve, well at least we tried.

If we are going to suck on defense, I’d rather give chances to more unproven guys to see if they are worth keeping around. 

Captain Falcon and PokerSteve like this

22 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I really cant understand why Quinn wont put other guys in to see what they can bring...makes no sense...

Too **** loyal ...or too **** delusional

Doesn't make any, especially now. But, the good news is, if he'll just keep doing what he's doing, we won't have to worry about what he's doing any more within a few short weeks! Do your thing, Dead Man Dan. Go down with all your Fail Flags still unfurled and flying proudly in the breeze.  :o

RING OF HONOR likes this

One thing about Cambell he is the first one out there doing laps with his Gold Beat in pregame warmups at the Benz. I always thought he was pretty good, and he's stayed healthy. Who's calling the plays? Not Campbell! We had a better defense on paper last season when all the *STARS* were on IR. The problem is >Q U I N N< the same guy that lost us a super bowl with his *trickery* Same guy that is allowing Freeman up the middle on 90% of 1st downs for 1 yard. Until the cancer is ripped out the team will continue to suck. Seriously the guy lost a SB with a 25 point lead at half time, that alone should have got him canned.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, NWFALCON said:

Pretty big size difference between the two as well. 

Campbell size mattered when he was drafted. Not so much since then 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:11 PM, athell said:

Honestly my biggest issue with him is him responding to the idiots on twitter.  

At least you're honest. I can respect that.

This thread is FILLED with butthurtitis. He had the audacity to defend himself and people want him to "shut up and entertain" them. 

athell likes this