Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Falcons: De’Vondre Campbell needs to be benched

84 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Oh my friend but you absolutely were the one :D    He did it and can continue to do it because it's on a message board and theirs nothing you could actually do about it outside of giving a tough guy smart reply like you just did.   Which i guess you could continue doing but if were being honest what does it really achieve outside of having a few of the rest of us laugh at it.

You are right about it being a message board.  So it’s just another to add to my ignore list!

10 hours ago, 81KJW said:

maybe if we were running 4-3 defense he might look better

if we did this we will probably have  5 more  win
LDE Adrian Clayborn Allen Bailey
UT Takkarist McKinley  Justin Zimmer
NT  Grady Jarrett Tyeler Davison
RDE John Cominsky  Jack Crawford
SLB  Vic Beasley Jr. 
MLB  Deion Jones  Jermaine Grace
WLB   De'Vondre Campbell
CB    Kendall Sheffield Ricardo Allen
CB   Damontae Kazee   D.J. White
FS  Desmond Trufant Johnathan Cyprien Jamal Carter
SS   Kemal Ishmael Sharrod Neasman

Right!!! Campbell is a 4-3 guy, not a 3-4 LB.

12 hours ago, SPITFIRE said:

Because there is a difference between position and role . 

Im big on this. Just like people here on TAFT kept saying J Brown would win the LG spot. No he never played LG but people wouldn't listen. Position matters!

But, to everyone's defense, the Falcons official depth chart lists Foye as D Campbell's back up. Grace is Jones back up.

And with the way DQ cross trains, I can guarantee Foye has seen snaps at Campbells position in OTA/Camp for practice.

13 hours ago, 81KJW said:

maybe if we were running 4-3 defense he might look better

if we did this we will probably have  5 more  win
LDE Adrian Clayborn Allen Bailey
UT Takkarist McKinley  Justin Zimmer
NT  Grady Jarrett Tyeler Davison
RDE John Cominsky  Jack Crawford
SLB  Vic Beasley Jr. 
MLB  Deion Jones  Jermaine Grace
WLB   De'Vondre Campbell
CB    Kendall Sheffield Ricardo Allen
CB   Damontae Kazee   D.J. White
FS  Desmond Trufant Johnathan Cyprien Jamal Carter
SS   Kemal Ishmael Sharrod Neasman

I think you are unto something, this is not a 3-4 team, and those players have minimal football IQ. Dion is a 4-3 ILB, Campbell is a 4-3 rotational SLB, Beasley is a 4-3 rotational SLB, Takk is a 4-3 DE. Team also looks suspicious in coverage because the 3-4 is weak against the pass where as the strength of Seattle 4-3 is rushing 4 and dropping everyone else back.

24 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

I think you are unto something, this is not a 3-4 team, and those players have minimal football IQ. Dion is a 4-3 ILB, Campbell is a 4-3 rotational SLB, Beasley is a 4-3 rotational SLB, Takk is a 4-3 DE. Team also looks suspicious in coverage because the 3-4 is weak against the pass where as the strength of Seattle 4-3 is rushing 4 and dropping everyone else back.

We arent running 3-4 against the pass. We still run nickel for that.

11 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

We arent running 3-4 against the pass. We still run nickel for that.

yeah that's on 3rd downs.

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

No it's not just a third down formation.

Base is 3-4, teams know its easy to pass against our base.

4 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

You are right about it being a message board.  So it’s just another to add to my ignore list!

Now that my guy is the smart intelligent reply i was looking for.  Very nicely done and great recovery it's the best way to handle crap like that.

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Now that my guy is the smart intelligent reply i was looking for.  Very nicely done and great recovery it's the best way to handle crap like that.

:tiphat:

42 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

It's easy to pass against any base that's why teams have nickel, dime, etc

Much easier to pass against a 3-4 base than a 4-3 base so yeah your football gymnastics don't add up to much. 

3 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Much easier to pass against a 3-4 base than a 4-3 base so yeah your football gymnastics don't add up to much. 

lol what please explain

25 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Either way we arent playing in base when a team is passing. 

17 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Dude don't quote the entire OP just to post your drool inspired lineup. 

I predicted how terrible we will be this year. All I did does show you how it's a win 5 more games 

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Either way we arent playing in base when a team is passing. 

Yea we are, alot considering teams intentionally try to pass against our base package from run formations. 

1 hour ago, SPITFIRE said:

lol what please explain

3-4 means 5 men on the DL and one less man in coverage than a 4-3 which is much easier to expose because you are practically showing blitz every time. 

1 minute ago, Embrace the suck said:

3-4 means 5 men on the DL and one less man in coverage than a 4-3 which is much easier to expose because you are practically showing blitz every time. 

3-4 doesn't rush 5 every play? So how is that one less man in coverage?

20 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

So, you guys are ready to bench the team leader in tackles?

I look at those film clips and see Takks fault on one, Jones' fault on 2 others and one just an unlucky missed tackle on DeVondre. Credit the receiver.

Everyone just seems to be trying to find blame somewhere. Throwing darts, but hitting nothing.

Campbell’s been a liability out there for past two seasons now. Anyone truly watching the games see that. 

SPITFIRE and Dr Long Shot like this

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Campbell’s been a liability out there for past two seasons now. Anyone truly watching the games see that. 

The weak side of our pass defense usually features Oliver, Ish, and Campbell covering on the same side of the field. Shananigans usually ensue. 

Vandy likes this

30 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

3-4 doesn't rush 5 every play? So how is that one less man in coverage?

Doesnt but alot of times it does (especially with us we are pretty vanilla and show our hand rushing 5) the disadvantage is lining up 5 men, which means the OLB can be easily exposed by faster players in coverage. Also less help over the top for the dbs. 

42 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

3-4 doesn't mean this at all. You are also not showing blitz just because the jack is on the line. 3-4 is about confusing the oline where the 4th rusher is coming from. Blitz is anything with 5 rushers. 

JDaveG, Ovie_Lover and Vandy like this

17 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

3-4 doesn't mean this at all. You are also not showing blitz just because the jack is on the line. 3-4 is about confusing the oline where the 4th rusher is coming from. Blitz is anything with 5 rushers. 

Yup. If done correctly, the goal is to confuse the QB into not knowing what’s coming. This is what’s so frustrating about Beasley, he should be perfect in that LEO/LB (jack) role. 

Ovie_Lover and SPITFIRE like this