Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Falcons: De’Vondre Campbell needs to be benched

84 posts in this topic

Just now, HouseofEuphoria said:

So, you guys are ready to bench the team leader in tackles?

I look at those film clips and see Takks fault on one, Jones' fault on 2 others and one just an unlucky missed tackle on DeVondre. Credit the receiver.

Everyone just seems to be trying to find blame somewhere. Throwing darts, but hitting nothing.

Dan Quinn

Starts and stops with Dan Quinn

12 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

So many of you are so quick to judge, or jump on some random hater bandwagon. SMDH

DeVondre is 5th in the league in tackles w/ 57. Behind Kuechly and Hicks.

He's also tied for 7th in the league in Forced Fumbles. Tied with Jarrett for the team lead as well.

You should be hating on Deion Jones for doing jack squat after a big contract extension.

Worrilow was top 3 in tackles almost every year, this means he was doing his job and nearly as good as kuechly. 

27 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Should have been benched in 2017, DefailDre has been Garbage for a long time but his loyalists and riders didn't see it. 

With DQ taking over, I really wanted to see Campbell blitzing more and less in coverage. I think the coverage is a domino that fell once Keanu got hurt. 

32 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Should have been benched in 2017, DefailDre has been Garbage for a long time but his loyalists and riders didn't see it. 

Not that I disagree about Campbell being garbage, I assume you're a grown man and if that is the case please don't "DefailDre" people's names.  It just makes you look like you're 7.

10 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I really cant understand why Quinn wont put other guys in to see what they can bring...makes no sense...

Too **** loyal ...or too **** delusional

Because there is a difference between position and role . 

Ovie_Lover and red falcon like this

46 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Not that I disagree about Campbell being garbage, I assume you're a grown man and if that is the case please don't "DefailDre" people's names.  It just makes you look like you're 7.

Nothing wrong with being petty and having fun at a disappointing player's expense :tiphat:.

2 hours ago, athell said:

No sacred cows, next man up.  If player y is slacking, give player z a chance to shine.  It can't get any worse.

Anyone got Joplo Bartu's #?

:o

mtldirtybird likes this

41 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Much rather see Grace or Foye out there.

I swear as bad as Campbell has been, Foye is worse. He seems like a poor mans Campbell. Athletic but always seems late... and quite frankly at least Campbell seems to play with some toughness. I’m not saying Campbell has been good (he’s been bad), but Foye has really not shown anything and has been just so unimpressive in the little opportunities he’s gotten. 

Flying Falcon and Osiruz like this

I don't know that it's fair to single him out. He's had some good games for us, been mostly serviceable, at least. And he's a 4th rounder, you shouldn't expect more than that. The whole defense looks terrible, I'd actually kind of like to see what him and others look with a competent coach and scheme.

I'm actually kind of afraid that a bunch of dudes are going to be torpedoed, and be good somewhere else...which means we're going to be spending resources where we already had players we could use but got rid of them because we had camel turd coaching. Other than Trutard. F him.

3 hours ago, Cole World said:

I won’t post the whole article but here’s the link

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/falcons-devondre-campbell-needs-to-be-benched/

FALCONS

Falcons: De’Vondre Campbell needs to be benched

The beginning of this Atlanta Falcons season has been demoralizing for a team and a fan base that entered 2019 with such lofty expectations. The defense was back to 100%; the offensive line was revamped; the skill positions were as loaded as ever, and the pesky coaches that were responsible for 2018’s downfall were no longer in the building. This was supposed to be a resurrection year. Instead, Atlanta looks as lifeless as they ever have in the Dan Quinn era.

A plethora of things have gone sideways for the Falcons on their way to a 1-5 start, but the players have to bear most of the responsibility for the product on the field. Several guys, especially on defense, are wildly underperforming, and the last few weeks might be the writing on the wall for De’Vondre Campbell.

Let’s start with this play against the Texans, courtesy of The Falcoholic’s Allen Strk.

Don’t worry; there’s plenty of more plays coming that highlight Campbell’s ineffectiveness against both the run and the pass. Several times, he appears to be doing his own thing, unbothered by whether he’s supposed to be playing man or zone. In a limited sample size, Foye Oluokun has vastly outperformed Campbell, yet Quinn has refused to make the switch – despite admitting over the last several weeks that he will be re-evaluating personnel decisions following the Falcons’ porous start.

Here is Campbell again versus the Colts

In each game, Campbell is picked on because of his lackadaisical awareness. Unfortunately for him, it’s a contract year, and he’s losing out on money with every passing week.

more in the article.

maybe if we were running 4-3 defense he might look better

if we did this we will probably have  5 more  win
LDE Adrian Clayborn Allen Bailey
UT Takkarist McKinley  Justin Zimmer
NT  Grady Jarrett Tyeler Davison
RDE John Cominsky  Jack Crawford
SLB  Vic Beasley Jr. 
MLB  Deion Jones  Jermaine Grace
WLB   De'Vondre Campbell
CB    Kendall Sheffield Ricardo Allen
CB   Damontae Kazee   D.J. White
FS  Desmond Trufant Johnathan Cyprien Jamal Carter
SS   Kemal Ishmael Sharrod Neasman

Flying Falcon and Osiruz like this

1 minute ago, 81KJW said:

maybe if we were running 4-3 defense he might look better

if we did this we will probably have  5 more  win
LDE Adrian Clayborn Allen Bailey
UT Takkarist McKinley  Justin Zimmer
NT  Grady Jarrett Tyeler Davison
RDE John Cominsky  Jack Crawford
SLB  Vic Beasley Jr. 
MLB  Deion Jones  Jermaine Grace
WLB   De'Vondre Campbell
CB    Kendall Sheffield Ricardo Allen
CB   Damontae Kazee   D.J. White
FS  Desmond Trufant Johnathan Cyprien Jamal Carter
SS   Kemal Ishmael Sharrod Neasman

Dude don't quote the entire OP just to post your drool inspired lineup. 

Put Beasley at SAM. Put Campbell at DE. 

I’m not saying it will work. But it couldn’t be much worse than what either of them are doing now. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Swear people think every position is plug and play with no thought to scheme what so ever.

I mean, we did see Beasley turn into a LB by DQ...

Who knows? Next thing we know he’ll be our starting SS!

Flying Falcon and Ovie_Lover like this

5 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Yeah he’s been absolute trash. What a disappointment. I remember him saying he could cover anyone in the league a couple years back. What a farce. 

Have always said Campbell has been over-hyped on this Board, just have not seen what everyone else has over his stay here. One less worry when the season is over. He can become a journeyman around the league.

5 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

You can keep that smart mouth **** to yourself because I am not the one!

Oh my friend but you absolutely were the one :D    He did it and can continue to do it because it's on a message board and theirs nothing you could actually do about it outside of giving a tough guy smart reply like you just did.   Which i guess you could continue doing but if were being honest what does it really achieve outside of having a few of the rest of us laugh at it.

Tried to tell everybody he was just another guy. I wanted to draft one of the devins at Lb so we would have deadly sideline to sideline coverage backers, but the steelers squashed that dream 

39 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

He's still like 4th in the league in tackles

Because he’ll give up a 12 yard catch and then recover and make the tackle. That’s what I’ve seen at least. I do think he’s a decent run stopper too though. Sometimes out of position but not terrible