Followers 0
Cole World

Falcons: De’Vondre Campbell needs to be benched

84 posts in this topic

I won’t post the whole article but here’s the link

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/falcons-devondre-campbell-needs-to-be-benched/

FALCONS

Falcons: De’Vondre Campbell needs to be benched

The beginning of this Atlanta Falcons season has been demoralizing for a team and a fan base that entered 2019 with such lofty expectations. The defense was back to 100%; the offensive line was revamped; the skill positions were as loaded as ever, and the pesky coaches that were responsible for 2018’s downfall were no longer in the building. This was supposed to be a resurrection year. Instead, Atlanta looks as lifeless as they ever have in the Dan Quinn era.

A plethora of things have gone sideways for the Falcons on their way to a 1-5 start, but the players have to bear most of the responsibility for the product on the field. Several guys, especially on defense, are wildly underperforming, and the last few weeks might be the writing on the wall for De’Vondre Campbell.

Let’s start with this play against the Texans, courtesy of The Falcoholic’s Allen Strk.

Don’t worry; there’s plenty of more plays coming that highlight Campbell’s ineffectiveness against both the run and the pass. Several times, he appears to be doing his own thing, unbothered by whether he’s supposed to be playing man or zone. In a limited sample size, Foye Oluokun has vastly outperformed Campbell, yet Quinn has refused to make the switch – despite admitting over the last several weeks that he will be re-evaluating personnel decisions following the Falcons’ porous start.

Here is Campbell again versus the Colts

In each game, Campbell is picked on because of his lackadaisical awareness. Unfortunately for him, it’s a contract year, and he’s losing out on money with every passing week.

more in the article.

Edited by Cole World

Lol I bet if you gifed alot on our defense you’d find stuff like this.The whole defense is on tilt right now.

I think you need to concentrate on whose going to be here in the future not worry about who isn’t.

We all no the defense is firing blanks but let’s have another thread about it because that’ll change things hahahaha.

19 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Been saying this for a while. It was the knock on him coming out of college but it has gotten worse this year. Give someone else a shot. Can’t be any worse.

“I don’t even know what that’s supposed to mean.”

Edited by NWFALCON
Osiruz, jas82487 and Cole World like this

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He'd do bad there. Campbell is at a dirty work position. Foye would be out of position.

With DQ running mostly two LBs on most plays I haven’t seen much from Campbell.      However at this point I say you have to see what other guys can bring to the table.  In traditional 4-3 I agree!

38 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Swear people think every position is plug and play with no thought to scheme what so ever.

You can keep that smart mouth **** to yourself because I am not the one!

Osiruz likes this

26 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

“I don’t even know what that’s supposed to mean.”

LOrd if I had seen this I would have posted that in this article 

10 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

LOrd if I had seen this I would have posted that in this article 

Yeah man. That’s rough. 

So many of you are so quick to judge, or jump on some random hater bandwagon. SMDH

DeVondre is 5th in the league in tackles w/ 57. Behind Kuechly and Hicks.

He's also tied for 7th in the league in Forced Fumbles. Tied with Jarrett for the team lead as well.

You should be hating on Deion Jones for doing jack squat after a big contract extension.

6 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

So many of you are so quick to judge, or jump on some random hater bandwagon. SMDH

He's also tied for 7th in the league in Forced Fumbles. Tied with Jarrett for the team lead as well.

You should be hating on Deion Jones for doing jack squat after a big contract extension.

Paul Worrilow could Tackle too. It’s about  more then that in football 

6 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Where tackles occur is a thing. He's dragging down a lot of guys in Paul Worrilow territory. 

8 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

No hate whatsoever.  Film don't lie though and we need to field the best possible team.  If that is with DC in the starting lineup, cool.  If not, sobeit.

Honestly my biggest issue with him is him responding to the idiots on twitter.  I also called out Debo in other threads, his play has not been where it needs to be either.

Just now, GrimeyKidd said:

Paul Worrilow could Tackle too. It’s about  more then that in football 

So, you guys are ready to bench the team leader in tackles?

I look at those film clips and see Takks fault on one, Jones' fault on 2 others and one just an unlucky missed tackle on DeVondre. Credit the receiver.

Everyone just seems to be trying to find blame somewhere. Throwing darts, but hitting nothing.