FalconofShadows

5 teams after Sanu

105 posts in this topic

Man, this really p iss me off. I want to keep him, but Quinn is wasting his career, along with others, here.  Man, we need Sanu here.

For what we could get for him what's the point? Just keep him, he embodies what the Falcons players should be, not what they actually are.

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Really???

I wonder who

I know I’m trying to find out!  I would hate to lose him but if we can get a great return then I’m cool with it!

RING OF HONOR likes this

If we are not making the playoffs (which we are not) and they plan on releasing him after the season (which seems.likely), than I'm down for trading Sanu - and others. 

Schwarzwald likes this

6 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

If we are not making the playoffs (which we are not) and they plan on releasing him after the season (which seems.likely), than I'm down for trading him - and others. 

Pretty much where I am. Hooper provides the contested catch ability. Sanu is approaching 32. Take the $8MM in cap space and move on. This is a VERY deep WR class coming up as well. 

As much as I like Sanu and what he brings to the team, it is a business decision and it does makes sense to trade him at this point. Calvin Ridley could step into getting more targets and Gage too. Hooper is a great weapon through the middle and we still have Julio. 

Edited by falcon22

47 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I know I’m trying to find out!  I would hate to lose him but if we can get a great return then I’m cool with it!

Me too...probably wont be able to afford him with the numbers he putting up...

Might as well get something for him.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Do what he want's ! This organization can do nothing for him this year.

Let him go to PATS to compete for a ring if he wants.

21 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Don’t know that you would get much for Sanu but don’t know that you need to.

I would trade Sanu for a 5th round pick in a second - probably only get a 6th though.

I read somewhere they were offered a 4th for him during the draft but wanted a third and no one was willing to go that high.  a 4th would be nice, but probably more realistic for a 5th, and maybe a conditional 7th?

56 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

If only we could trade for a player on IR. I would trade him to the 49ers for Jalen Hurd.

Yeah because they'd trade their rookie 3rd rounder for an old Sanu.

9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

For both? Pats. They need a TE and WR. 

Pats would need to give me a 1st for Hooper. At minimum, unless you have no plans to keep Austin (no idea why not)...

He would make them SB favorites if they aren’t already.

Ovie_Lover likes this

7 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Mo is one of our best players, and best locker room guys. His loss would hurt. 

He is not long for this team. Simple cap reality.

Only way he stays without a trade is extension and lowering 2019 cap significantly.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, athell said:

:(

This one will sting.  Love me some Mo.

Why do you say this? When we have receivers like Julio Jet Jones? 

Because YOU my friend understand stocks. There is a difference between price and value. While they're related, they're NOT the same things!

Some "stocks" (players) are overpriced. They are still great players! GREAT players, who contribute A LOT individually but they take AWAY from the team as a WHOLE. 

Similarly, some players are undervalued. They are great "deals" for the TEAM.

Or vice versa. 

Example: Julio Jones is overpriced, Mohammed Sanu is undervalued.

Both statements are true. 

Yeah I said it! Come at me bros! :munch:

11 hours ago, vel said:

Pretty much where I am. Hooper provides the contested catch ability. Sanu is approaching 32. Take the $8MM in cap space and move on. This is a VERY deep WR class coming up as well. 

You nailed it. Never expected him to be on the team after this season one way or another due to age, cap number, and the continued emergence of Ridley & Hooper in the passing game. So if we can get something useful for him, that's a win.

vel and Schwarzwald like this

Free up the cap space. Thanks for your time here Sanu. Hopefully, you get traded to greener pastures. We should take a 7th if offered for Beasley. 

9 minutes ago, k-train said:

You nailed it. Never expected him to be on the team after this season one way or another due to age, cap number, and the continued emergence of Ridley & Hooper in the passing game. So if we can get something useful for him, that's a win.

Exactly. If Sanu is a big part of flipping this Defense; as the 4th or 5th weapon now a days behind RB targets, Hoop, Julio, and Ridley?

A better D; even average, is worth Sanu for say Gage or Zaccheaus/Blake emerging just from guys on roster today.

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Exactly. If Sanu is a big part of flipping this Defense; as the 4th or 5th weapon now a days behind RB targets, Hoop, Julio, and Ridley?

A better D; even average, is worth Sanu for say Gage or Zaccheaus/Blake emerging just from guys on roster today.

Yeah, and I cannot help but get the feeling that they reaaaaally seem to want Gage to step his game up to the next level & be that guy to replace Sanu moving forward, but the dude just can't seem to stay on the field.

Schwarzwald likes this