FalconofShadows

5 teams after Sanu

105 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Peteshweddy said:

Please no.  Sanu has always embodied what we need more of on this team.  Sanu is a leader.  He speaks with his hard work and play on the field.

We don't need a leader we need to get a top pick this year. Sanu is not staying next year with that 8 million cap hit while we have crater size holes all over the defense to address, let's at least get something back. 

KRUNKuno, NeonDeion and athell like this

15 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

Nope, not at all. I said Sanu.  Please be my guest during the off-season to dump freeman, Trufant, Beasley, h*ll most of the team can go.  I said Sanu.  Sanu is a leader.  We are seriously lacking in that department on this team.

Dude we’re 1-5 . Their isn’t a leader in sight & if so why does that factor matter we’re 1-5 !? It doesn’t . Winning games matter .

3 hours ago, Peteshweddy said:

Please no.  Sanu has always embodied what we need more of on this team.  Sanu is a leader.  He speaks with his hard work and play on the field.

This is true, but he's more than likely gone after this season. So, you gotta get what you can.

NeonDeion likes this

Sanu plays with heart I can't say that about too many Falcons. He does a lot of little things. No way I would trade him for an untested 5th round pick. I wouldn't trade him but if I did it would be for a 3rd or higher.

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

Not happening :lol:

Awe, come on now! Let him come to a good home, we'll treat him good!

Don't make him go play for the Dolphins or the Redskins. :lol:

LouDog likes this

Just now, Iron Saint said:

Awe, come on now! Let him come to a good home, we'll treat him good!

Don't make him go play for the Dolphins or the Redskins. :lol:

Like the reverse Joe Horn situation lol

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Like the reverse Joe Horn situation lol

Real talk! I welcomed Joe back after that but I'm still a little low key salty about it to be honest. :lol:

Mainly because I know he played a considerable role in helping Roddy White develop into the player he became. :argh:

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

I agree overall, but Sanu's presence has little impact on Ridley's looks. They play different roles. Sanu is the possession receiver. Ridley is seen as an outside guy by this staff. Hardy is the guy who would see more action in the slot with Sanu out...or all of the possession work could just go to Hooper. Sanu and Hooper play very similar roles on this team. 

We don't have anyone as versatile as Sanu...I think that is part of why other teams value him. He can pretty much fill the role you need him to fill on your team. He can play slash. He can play wide if you have no Julio. He can play hybrid TE/WR. He is a quality blocker. On top of that, he's just the kind of guy most coaches want on the roster. He out works most and had a very high football IQ. 

Because three of our losses are out of conference, I think we are about one or two conference losses away from the FO cashing it in. At that point, Sanu will probably be gone...it seems to make sense. 

i still believe there’s too many weapons on this team. Ridley barely gets targets , if you let sanu go or trade him. Ridley’s targets should increase  

Just now, Iron Saint said:

Real talk! I welcomed Joe back after that but I'm still a little low key salty about it to be honest. :lol:

Mainly because I know he played a considerable role in helping Roddy White develop into the player he became. :argh:

Yeah he definetly did. He didn't have much left in the tank when we got him but He was a great mentor to Roddy. Oh and **** Curtis Lofton!!! :lol:

11 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah he definetly did. He didn't have much left in the tank when we got him but He was a great mentor to Roddy. Oh and **** Curtis Lofton!!! :lol:

Thankfully though, he was also able to mentor our little small school, 7th round draft pick named Colston during his last year here in 2006 before putting on the rags y’all call a uniform. :D

And man, I’m in a bit of the same boat with Lofton. When I think of him, I mainly associate him with our horrible defenses in 2012 and 2014 so in a way, those defenses were partially y’all fault. :lol:

LouDog likes this

3 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Dude we’re 1-5 . Their isn’t a leader in sight & if so why does that factor matter we’re 1-5 !? It doesn’t . Winning games matter .

FACTS

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

If this team can find takers for Sanu, Trufant and Beasley it is ABSOLUTELY a win for next year. Beaslye has allure because he looks like a player and is an athletic freak, just doesn't have the heart for it. Sanu fits Buffalo's offense more than anyone to me and could put them in the AFC Champ game with Mahomes injury up in the air. KC and Philly would love Trufant. Only question comes would be his cap. 

TD is pretty good at trades and to me, this should be his last ditch effort to save his job. He is reportedly the one who did not want to exercise Beasley's 5th year, in the end losing out to Quinn.

Cheap Talk likes this

10 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Like that matters, in our current state.

Yes, I know that doesn't matter this year. 

but dude, you know what happens when we get rid of players.  They go to another team and come back and play us and absolutely destroy us.  It's a little less likely if he's in a different conference. 

Crazy thing is, I like Sanu so much that I kinda don't want him stuck on this trash team for the rest of the season.  Dude has been 110% since joining our franchise.

Get value for him now because most likely he will become a cap casualty in the offseason anyways.  Don't make the same mistake that we did with Gonzo.

Drvillain and Flying Falcon like this

Id want to go whichever route Sanu prefers. If he wants to stay a Falcon we should keep him. If he wants to play for a contender we should trade him to one.