FalconofShadows

5 teams after Sanu

105 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Peteshweddy said:

Please no.  Sanu has always embodied what we need more of on this team.  Sanu is a leader.  He speaks with his hard work and play on the field.

Typical . Everybody wants to be the Patriots but are emotionally attached to players ... just like Arthur Blank . Lol . 

Ovie_Lover and TheFalcoholic like this

7 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Typical . Everybody wants to be the Patriots but are emotionally attached to players ... just like Arthur Blank . Lol . 

Patriots dump aging players all the time. Usually early before they suck so they can get a decent return. We talk about doing it and the water works start.

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Patriots dump aging players all the time. Usually early before they suck so they can get a decent return. We talk about doing it and the water works start.

Winning 6 chips probably helps fans not care as much, if we are being honest here...

at this point though ridley is so up and down with his production, we need sanu.

not to mention we have been dropping punters like crazy

Edited by socalriseup

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Winning 6 chips probably helps fans not care as much, if we are being honest here...

We could have 8 and the same crowd would cry. Let's be honest here. No matter what they think they know better.

NWFALCON, athell and Schwarzwald like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

If anyone on that list gets him, I hope it’s the Patriots

Sanu does deserve the big dance. I definitely do not want lose him.

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

We could have 8 and the same crowd would cry. Let's be honest here. No matter what they think they know better.

lol this is true.  Though winning makes things much more palatable I guess is all I am saying.  If the fanbase knew that whoever was about to replace Mo was just going to work because...Bill...think it would create much less drama.  Now it just feels like the team is moving on from a fan favorite when there is unfinished business.

Smart business move.  Crappy from every other angle.  Would root for Mo wherever he went though.

May as well trade him. Good chance he is a cap casualty anyways. May get something...needs to be at least a 3rd-4th though IMO.

take the highest pick as long as its not a ******* NFCS team.

Sun Tzu 7 and Ovie_Lover like this

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

May as well trade him. Good chance he is a cap casualty anyways. May get something...needs to be at least a 3rd-4th though IMO.

take the highest pick as long as its not a ******* NFCS team.

I wouldn't hold your breathe on a 3rd to 4th, tbh

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I wouldn't hold your breathe on a 3rd to 4th, tbh

I agree. More likely to see a 5 or so. I was saying more that not sure I would ship him for less than a 3-4 personally

just hoping a team w some comp capital would be willing to roll the dice.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree. More likely to see a 5 or so. I was saying more that not sure I would ship him for less than a 3-4 personally

Gotcha.  3rd would be amazing, but yea I agree with you it'll more likely be a 5 or 6 I think.

40 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Nope, not at all. I said Sanu.  Please be my guest during the off-season to dump freeman, Trufant, Beasley, h*ll most of the team can go.  I said Sanu.  Sanu is a leader.  We are seriously lacking in that department on this team.

Edited by Peteshweddy

13 minutes ago, athell said:

Gotcha.  3rd would be amazing, but yea I agree with you it'll more likely be a 5 or 6 I think.

Why do I feel like it's going to be something stupid like two 6ths?

athell likes this

52 minutes ago, athell said:

I'd prefer the 9ers.  I just can't root for the Patriots...I'm glad Clay got one but screw them.

9ers, that defense, Shanny, Tevin and now Mo?  I'd pull for them hard.

^^^ This.

athell likes this

3 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Why do I feel like it's going to be something stupid like two 6ths?

You will get a 2020 6th and 2021 7th and like it, Mister!

ATLskinjob likes this

1 hour ago, caponine said:

i still dont understand why this team shouldnt, if you really want to make Calvin Ridley the other receiver then he needs more opportunities 

I agree overall, but Sanu's presence has little impact on Ridley's looks. They play different roles. Sanu is the possession receiver. Ridley is seen as an outside guy by this staff. Hardy is the guy who would see more action in the slot with Sanu out...or all of the possession work could just go to Hooper. Sanu and Hooper play very similar roles on this team. 

We don't have anyone as versatile as Sanu...I think that is part of why other teams value him. He can pretty much fill the role you need him to fill on your team. He can play slash. He can play wide if you have no Julio. He can play hybrid TE/WR. He is a quality blocker. On top of that, he's just the kind of guy most coaches want on the roster. He out works most and had a very high football IQ. 

Because three of our losses are out of conference, I think we are about one or two conference losses away from the FO cashing it in. At that point, Sanu will probably be gone...it seems to make sense. 

ATLskinjob likes this