The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padded stats are when you get yards and stats when there's no chance of catching up. They keep catching up. It's actually much easier to have good stats with a run game.  The opposing defens

You guys and your obsession with Tua...yikes... To the OP, heck no.

How are the stats padded? Each game has had him bring the team back within one score before the defense falls down and lets the game get away. He isn't a rookie. He wouldn't have to learn a new system

37 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

News flash to all the Ryan lovers: There is life after Ryan, believe it or not. We need to start planning sooner rather than later. Wake up. 

You know people who like Ryan are well aware of that fact. In fact, most people you call 'Ryan lovers' are just responding in here because so many people go out of their way to dump on the man. We'd shut up and talk about other topics if the 'get rid of Matty' threads didn't start the day he was drafted. Very few posters are in here just drooling all over him out of the blue.

Ya know just in general...

Ryan is the best QB this franchise has ever had.

He has given us the best chance to win a SB this franchise has ever had.

He is probably our best chance to win one in the next 3 seasons.

While there will be life after Ryan, finding someone better is not in any way an easy feat. There are franchises out there every year that try and fail at finding a new QB.

17 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

So ignore that it was $15.8M this year?

Cap is manageable. Why do some of YOU guys not look at it on a per year basis instead of ONLY considering contract average?

Is the team being coached? What are we doing in FA and the draft?

Y’all really think a single $10M player would’ve fixed this D#?

Well, if that’s the case get rid of Beasley first at $13M!

No. see, this defense needs more than just another move. It needs coaching, accountability and if necessary a better GM/scouting department to facilitate better drafts.

Just some of the reason we stink:

2017 draft coming back to bite us

Wes being terrible replacing Chester & OG situation degrading from injury over the last 3 seasons now + Schraeder hitting a wall early.

Neal missing 2 seasons in a row leaving SS as a glaring hole.

Free’s injuries.

Tru being actually overpaid and not even being ideal for DQ’s system.

Lets just keep thinking it’s a QB problem and sit in this thread fighting the good fight.

Meanwhile: New Orleans and Green Bay can pay more on offense than Atlanta this year and LESS on Defense and have better units.

Why?

In the case of Green Bay and NO, it's important to note that those teams have had really, awful defenses in the past. Saints and Packers have had some downright horrid defenses, many of which we've lit up in the past. The recent years have been more of an anomaly, and they had similar issues to what we're having right now in terms of cap space. Ryan has also had defenses like that while paying more on offense, e.g. 2012.

I don't disagree with any of those reasons. Ryan's not why this team is bad, but I don't see the value in his contract anymore. If Matt Schaub is going out there and putting up 450+ yds in garbage time, why do we need to pay Matt 30M in 2020 to do the exact same thing? If we're still a bottom 5 team when times are bad, what would be the difference if we had Schaub? Seriously. Our record is probably identical.

I want to see a change after witnessing mediocrity and 28-3. For me, that starts at QB. Not now, not right at this moment.  I understand how contractual obligations work. Eventually though, when we get the opportunity to suck again in 2020 and have an opportunity for our guy (even if it's a developmental prospect) and we don't take it, then it's *stupid* loyalist nonsense. 

@ChickenBiscuit A change starts at GM and HC. Other teams with elite QBs can build around paying their QB.

Falcons have a problem with stability at HC and OC during Matt's tenure.

Either get a Shanny type HC; who can do more with less, or find a Defensive coach that ACTUALLY gets results with less invested on that side of the ball.

The problem is player selections and getting results from said players as much as anything.

Your QB presently could easily play another 5 years. Relying on rookie contract money is a narrow approach and risky in of itself opting to roll dice on a rookie at QB. It is one of the KEYS to a stable franchise. That strategy in of itself could change when the CBA is updated.

QB is stable and at peak he is a top-5 QB easily since 2016 started.

But we say start THERE and not the other essentially stable places; GM and HC?

33 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@ChickenBiscuit A change starts at GM and HC. Other teams with elite QBs can build around paying their QB.

Falcons have a problem with stability at HC and OC during Matt's tenure.

Either get a Shanny type HC; who can do more with less, or find a Defensive coach that ACTUALLY gets results with less invested on that side of the ball.

The problem is player selections and getting results from said players as much as anything.

Your QB presently could easily play another 5 years. Relying on rookie contract money is a narrow approach and risky in of itself opting to roll dice on a rookie at QB. It is one of the KEYS to a stable franchise. That strategy in of itself could change when the CBA is updated.

QB is stable and at peak he is a top-5 QB easily since 2016 started.

But we say start THERE and not the other essentially stable places; GM and HC?

We can do all those things AND get a developmental prospect or exciting backup prospect. Where do we disagree?

37 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

We can do all those things AND get a developmental prospect or exciting backup prospect. Where do we disagree?

Yes, be prepared if something happens to Ryan. Can't keep Schaub forever.

Brady had how many backups leave; traded for picks or let go for comp picks?

We've usually had older QBs backing Ryan up. Benkert has a nice arm but the injury in the preseason set him back. He was looking a little better than last preseason.

anybody see a difrence b/t matt ryan & schaub, shaub for the most part gives julio a chance to catch the ball, too many times I see julio break loose down field only to see the ball overthrown, grossly underthrown or fluttering out of bounds. when is the last time julio caught ten passes from ryan?

that's why I am convinced if QB's like lamar, breese , aron Rodgers had what ryan had to throw to. the rest of the league would be crying

On 10/23/2019 at 10:19 AM, ssj5gal said:

Not cute!  Matt has had 3 soon to be 4 different coaching staffs and still has been as consistent as he could. He has never had a consistent offensive line or defense for most of his career. With all that he has only missed 2 games in his career and has been one of the most successful QBs in the league with incompetent coaching.

Matt is successful but we still need a new coach. We both seem to agree on that.

8 hours ago, shango said:

ok but where is the 30 that matt ryan was supposed to put up, he had the best unit in that game which was our offense, there were no marquee defenses in this superbowl

Do you realize our D is approaching historically bad? I’m not talking generally bad. I’m talking about absolutely one of the worst Ds to ever take an NFL field. 

4 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Do you realize our D is approaching historically bad? I’m not talking generally bad. I’m talking about absolutely one of the worst Ds to ever take an NFL field. 

I also like the random generalization that Matt only has stats this year versus prevent defense. Not true. But hey, if you need to lie to yourself to believe your opinion OK LOL

I guess their pass rush stopped trying to get by our trash OL also! Did people even watch the games? 

Do we take away stats from every quarterback that got to play against our defense? :lol: 

I swear some of y'all would rather get your teeth pulled than admit Ryan is average with above average weapons all around him. I mean for crying out loud, Schaub threw for 400+. More empty stats. Ryan is NOT worth what we're paying for him. He is an average QB with a weak arm. Ryan's best days are behind him. Wake up. 

47 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I swear some of y'all would rather get your teeth pulled than admit Ryan is average with above average weapons all around him. I mean for crying out loud, Schaub threw for 400+. More empty stats. Ryan is NOT worth what we're paying for him. He is an average QB with a weak arm. Ryan's best days are behind him. Wake up. 

lol

Let's face it. Dirk Koetter will probably be gone after this season. That means Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and the gang will be to adjust to yet another offensive coordinator! For the third season in a row. That's like 4 different offensive coordinators in the last 5 years. Matt Ryan must be sick and tired of changing coordinators. How do you guys feel about this?