The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

I say this with the knowledge that many will vehemently oppose me and light me up for saying this.  I truly think we well beyond re-tooling this team to be competitive....we need a flat out re-build.  That said, for us, the optimal value for our 34 year old quarterback (35 next year) is as a trade bait not as a player.  If we could find a partner (Miami anyone?) who would cough up a king's ransom for #2, it could set us up nicely in the draft next year.  For instance, if we could pry away Miami's one next year to go along with what we will ultimately end up with, we could be in position to pick two of the top five picks in the draft.  All this said....the coaching staff and front office has to go...and the sooner the better.

Now have at me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padded stats are when you get yards and stats when there's no chance of catching up. They keep catching up. It's actually much easier to have good stats with a run game.  The opposing defens

You guys and your obsession with Tua...yikes... To the OP, heck no.

How are the stats padded? Each game has had him bring the team back within one score before the defense falls down and lets the game get away. He isn't a rookie. He wouldn't have to learn a new system

Just now, Chaz said:

He had how many TD's while he was in there today???? 00000. Shaub was in less than 14 mins and got a td. We've surrounded MR with every ace of a skill player around and then make excuses for him. He's the 130 mil. man! Show me something!

Yeah because a 7 minute sample out of today's game is really a good explanation of Matt Ryan's career. Get the f*** out of here

Just now, Chaz said:

He had how many TD's while he was in there today???? 00000. Shaub was in less than 14 mins and got a td. We've surrounded MR with every ace of a skill player around and then make excuses for him. He's the 130 mil. man! Show me something!

Exactly, he’s not worth that much! Take off the blinders Ryan lovers. Because he’s the best “we” have ever had doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of the NFL spectrum.

Look at all the other backup QBs having success, no more excuses for rubber arm

12 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

We don’t need Matt

Look at the Taints with Teddy!!! Decent, extra average QB and they are looking tough to beat. Matt Ryan will never carry this team or another, on his back! I like Matt. He has been a good, not great QB. If he had a good line (he can be better than Teddy) he could have one a few Lombardis. But the future of the Falcons is not with MR2. Sorry guys it’s true.

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The Falcons have taken care of Matt. The franchise absolutely deserves him. It’s the bratty, spoiled, and self entitled fan base of the Atlanta Falcons that doesn’t deserve him 

You forgot ignorant, lazy, disrespectful amd the complete inability to make a decent pot pie!

1 minute ago, SoldMySoul said:

Look at the Taints with Teddy!!! Decent, extra average QB and they are looking tough to beat. Matt Ryan will never carry this team or another, on his back! I like Matt. He has been a good, not great QB. If he had a good line (he can be better than Teddy) he could have one a few Lombardis. But the future of the Falcons is not with MR2. Sorry guys it’s true.

Well said!!!! Agreed!!!

4 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

But they are having success without a Julio, Hoop, Free, Beas, Tru, Gonzales,  etc......need I go on? 
cant throw money at a problem that isn’t money related

But they do have a defense that can get off the field at 3rd and 15 and o line that doesnt get their qb hit every time they drop back to throw

2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I have a sneaking suspicion you never liked Matt Ryan even when he was MVP

3 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Aints have a great defense and Oline, also a great run game