The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

On 10/18/2019 at 10:33 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ill go with you on that to an extent, but i cant help but wonder.. Did Ryan tell Td and Quinn we can win with a high powered offense in spite of a lack luster defense.. I assume Ryan has a good bit of pull in this organization. If Ryan told Td and Quinn both he dosnt believe the team is balanced and they still went in this direction imo its much more of a reason they should be fired. I couldn't name you one qb in history that could win with the team that we field now. We need to spend alot more on defense and still give Ryan adequate receivers and backs that he can work with to win games. Ultimately when Ridley had to be resigned i dont see anyway we can keep both him and Julio, and i actually like both.. With Ridley at that time having the higher ceiling imo. I believe we have enough talent at oline now to protect Ryan, why we cant do a better job blocking and opening running lanes has to come back to coaching as well. Basically, we need to rebuild the defense and expect Ryan to do more with less weapons, and i think he can.. But this circus of hood ornaments we have on offense needs to go and get a coach with a backbone that understands how important a dominant defense is in the NFL 

In this jumbled and rambling paragraph, you bring up Julio and Calvin. Calvin is in his second year, and we have a fifth year option, unless JJ really defies aging there won’t be a gigantic contract issue to even deal with. Julio will be around 34 when Calvin comes up for a big contract. 

I have zero idea of what your actual thesis is when you support it with moot points like this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padded stats are when you get yards and stats when there's no chance of catching up. They keep catching up. It's actually much easier to have good stats with a run game.  The opposing defens

You guys and your obsession with Tua...yikes... To the OP, heck no.

How are the stats padded? Each game has had him bring the team back within one score before the defense falls down and lets the game get away. He isn't a rookie. He wouldn't have to learn a new system

On 10/18/2019 at 3:41 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Some of ya'll act like even if we didnt have a bad defense, we would just automatically win.. Not the case, teams are scheming against us for the easiest win.. Right now its the defense, even if we did tighten up our defense coaches would just bring more pressure on Ryan and the offense and its just a different cycle but the same result.. Almost certain all the Ryan apologists had never watched a game of football much less played in a game. 

Since you threw in “....all Ryan apologists had (wrong tense btw) had never watched a game of football much less played in a game.” I’m calling you out: what level of football have you ever played in? Madden doesn’t count.

i played FS on high school level and in pee wee and midget before that.

I guarantee @Vandy, @Knight of God and @TheFatboi @youngbloodz and @vel all played at significant levels of football.

What level and position and did you start at all in football?

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Since you threw in “....all Ryan apologists had (wrong tense btw) had never watched a game of football much less played in a game.” I’m calling you out: what level of football have you ever played in? Madden doesn’t count.

I guarantee @Vandy, @Knight of God and @TheFatboi @youngbloodz and @vel all played at significant levels of football.

you ever just brag on your high school football credentials to flex on internet trolls?

5 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

you ever just brag on your high school football credentials to flex on internet trolls?

He bragged, hence why called out. Read OP before blasting. He specifically said no one on here had ever played.

I’m not bragging. The posters I tagged are legit ball players on college and semi-pro level. And I respect their knowledge and playing experience.

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

He bragged, hence why called out. Read OP before blasting. He specifically said no one on here had ever played.

I’m not bragging. The posters I tagged are legit ball players on college and semi-pro level. And I respect their knowledge and playing experience.

I wasn't referring to the other posters, I thought you were bringing up you playing high school ball as a way of 1-upping him . I don't really read any of Slum's posts because they're all bait, so my mistake lol.

12 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I wasn't referring to the other posters, I thought you were bringing up you playing high school ball as a way of 1-upping him . I don't really read any of Slum's posts because they're all bait, so my mistake lol.

Lol no worries. Nah, not at all. I get tired of self righteous idiots justifying their goofy arguments by using their “football experience “

FYI I was not even Al Bundy. My high school career was noting to brag about. I did learn a lot, and have coached a bit...but nothing to brag about

im guessing he’s never played at all, or sparingly at best in a “participation” trophy environment from his ****** posts

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

No need to get pissy CB. @MSalmon (Spook) knows what he’s talking about When it comes to his football.  

And Slummy’s Completely gone off the deep end in his criticisms of Ryan. 

35 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No need to get pissy CB. @MSalmon (Spook) knows what he’s talking about When it comes to his football.  

"you ever just x to flex on z" is a meme that's prevalent on twitter. e.g. "you ever just breathe to flex on fish" LOL I swear I wasn't getting pissy. I gotta update my sig to "don't take me seriously"

38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

My dude :) 

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

"you ever just x to flex on z" is a meme that's prevalent on twitter. e.g. "you ever just breathe to flex on fish" LOL I swear I wasn't getting pissy. I gotta update my sig to "don't take me seriously"

ha ha all good CB

7 hours ago, MSalmon said:

In this jumbled and rambling paragraph, you bring up Julio and Calvin. Calvin is in his second year, and we have a fifth year option, unless JJ really defies aging there won’t be a gigantic contract issue to even deal with. Julio will be around 34 when Calvin comes up for a big contract. 

I have zero idea of what your actual thesis is when you support it with moot points like this.

Stop trying to read if ur not able to :shrug:

6 hours ago, MSalmon said:

What a sad desperate post, yall Ryan supporters just get angry when you cant justify garbage stats

Man Ryan and the offense look so good today. Ryan can’t get it done anymore!! It’s not just the defense anymore! Offense has packed it in. Wait for the padded stats for the homers to fall back on. RYAN cannot avoid pressure to save his life and cannot make a play without perfect conditions all around. 

Just now, autigerfan said:

I know there are varied opinions about Ryan among the fanbase, but how would you react if he were to pull a Carson Palmer power play and asks to be traded or retires?

Matt Ryan's contract makes him untradeable and uncuttable.

Of course, we should do neither. We have seen that in a WCO variant, an offense tailor-made for his skills, he can be an MVP-type performer. Heck, even under Drunky Sarkesian, Matt had great individual statistical performances. The problem is the coach.