robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, shango said:

playing his *** off are you kidding me

Considering everything he's having to deal with he is playing his *** off.

 

18 hours ago, $traightCashHomie said:

I never once argued his passer rating. Don't get a hernia moving those goalposts.

Well how the **** would you measure game performance? QBR is the metric qbs are measured by. You said he didn't have a top 20 Superbowl performance and then you were showed he had the 4th best performance based on by far the most useful metric for objectively grading QB performance.

You lost your argument because you didn't know what you were talking about. Own it like a man and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geneaut said:

He shouldn’t have to overcome being stuck with one of the worst defenses almost every season, especially this year. When your D is only forcing 1 punt in multiple games that’s only so much you can do. 
 

Matt is not having a great season. That is a given. However I don’t think there are many QBs who could play with this D and make much difference. 

Wrong.

You are supposed to come back without your defense making plays or stops.

Tom Brady beat Matt Ryan single-handedly in SB51 4th Q.

:lol: 

Yeah, squash one troll and another appears.

Like cockroaches!

Vandy and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, $traightCashHomie said:

Jay Cutler is the best qb the bears have ever had. Matt Stafford, Matt Schaub, Cam Newton, and Bernie Kosar are all their respective franchise's best qbs in history.

Are you telling me we couldn't have 2 winning seasons out of the last 6 with a different qb for less than 30 mil per year? I wouldn't call ourselves lucky to have him. More like stuck with him. 

Last time he signed a league record contract we went 3 years without a winning season. We're in year 2 of what appears to be the same scenario. We're unlikely to finish with a winning season this year or next. 

No because this team sucks worse without him. And what QB last or.present would win with this team? Your out of your mind if you think any qb would fair any better with this crap scheme and the second worst defense in the league?

And Ryan's contract is solid.  Ben Roethlisberger made 34 m this year. Another handful of and will sign deals North of 30 this offseason. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Geneaut said:

He shouldn’t have to overcome being stuck with one of the worst defenses almost every season, especially this year. When your D is only forcing 1 punt in multiple games that’s only so much you can do. 
 

Matt is not having a great season. That is a given. However I don’t think there are many QBs who could play with this D and make much difference. 

He had a top 10 defense 2 years ago and couldn't muster more than 10 points in a playoff game, in a season where the defense carried us. One thing we can all agree on is Ryan does not inspire his teammates. He does not pump them up to perform their best. His "leadership" leaves a lot to be desired. He commands no respect from opposing defenses or his peers. 

 

9 hours ago, shango said:

playing his *** off are you kidding me

These people are delusional. They're so emotionally invested in Ryan being "the guy" they ignore the blatantly obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Considering everything he's having to deal with he is playing his *** off.

 

Well how the **** would you measure game performance? QBR is the metric qbs are measured by. You said he didn't have a top 20 Superbowl performance and then you were showed he had the 4th best performance based on by far the most useful metric for objectively grading QB performance.

You lost your argument because you didn't know what you were talking about. Own it like a man and move on. 

Like a man? lol. 

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Considering everything he's having to deal with he is playing his *** off.

 

Well how the **** would you measure game performance? QBR is the metric qbs are measured by. You said he didn't have a top 20 Superbowl performance and then you were showed he had the 4th best performance based on by far the most useful metric for objectively grading QB performance.

You lost your argument because you didn't know what you were talking about. Own it like a man and move on. 

I said you won't find anyone outside of homerville that considers Ryan's performance one of the best ever. I never said he didn't have a good qbr in the playoffs but qbr doesn't dictate best playoff qbs. If you believe that, I've got some bad news for NFL legends.

You still can't find one person outside of homerville that ranks Ryan's performance as one of the best ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the rating system you're using to claim Ryan had one of the best Super Bowl's ever LMFAO

 

"Further controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests in 2011. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego Chargers. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No because this team sucks worse without him. And what QB last or.present would win with this team? Your out of your mind if you think any qb would fair any better with this crap scheme and the second worst defense in the league?

And Ryan's contract is solid.  Ben Roethlisberger made 34 m this year. Another handful of and will sign deals North of 30 this offseason. 

If we're not overpaying a noodle arm choker, we have money to address these holes you mention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an example... Tom Brady is playing like **** this year but his defense is top notch so no one really cares or notices.

Keep believing Matt Ryan is bad if you want to tho.

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

Just an example... Tom Brady is playing like **** this year but his defense is top notch so no one really cares or notices.

Keep believing Matt Ryan is bad if you want to tho.

Bad? You Ryanettes are hilarious.

 By his first ballot hall of fame standards, maybe, but he's still playing better than Ryan. I wonder what this team would look like if we spent the majority of our money on defense like the Pats do. Couldn't prop up Matty Meat Curtains with shiny hood ornaments if we did that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, $traightCashHomie said:

Bad? You Ryanettes are hilarious.

 By his first ballot hall of fame standards, maybe, but he's still playing better than Ryan. I wonder what this team would look like if we spent the majority of our money on defense like the Pats do. Couldn't prop up Matty Meat Curtains with shiny hood ornaments if we did that though.

You’re still here, storyteller? Surprised mods haven’t zapped you already.

Geneaut and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You’re still here, storyteller? Surprised mods haven’t zapped you already.

Maybe you should run and tell since a basic conversation containing opinions you disagree with seems to be hurting your feelings. That would be the Ryanette thing to do.

 

Like I said earlier, you find me someone who isn't a homer that ranks Ryan's Super Bowl performance as one of the best ever and I'll never post again. I made it easy for you if my presence is too emotionally disturbing for you.

Edited by $traightCashHomie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, $traightCashHomie said:

Maybe you should run and tell since a basic conversation containing opinions you disagree with seems to be hurting your feelings. That would be the Ryanette thing to do.

My feelings are Just fine.
 

At first it was funny watching you make a clown out of yourself, but Like all train wrecks, after Awhile it just gets boring to watch.

Schwarzwald and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

I ain't taking that bait lol.

I would have left voluntarily a while ago. All these Ryanettes have to do is find someone who thinks he had one of the best super bowls of all time. They can't. Not only that, they can't even admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

You’re still here, storyteller? Surprised mods haven’t zapped you already.

Dude doesn’t even use goalposts. No wonder he relies on espn and storywrites to think for him?

lol.

Some people think Brees, Brady and Rodgers didn’t or don’t have supporting casts regardless of amount of money spent.

Imagine defending the defensive performance on money when it doesn’t correlate to coaching and on field production.

Ryan produced for Sark...who did not show much in his first year and was rightly ripped for his playcalling in the PHI game and all year.

Some people think this is backyard football and Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc all just get it done and do it all themselves.

Ryan has a near perfect SB performance compared to Brady.

Which team had defense collapse or stand up in the 2nd half?

He seriously thinks Ryan’s play cost us the SB. See the exchange late last night?

It wasn’t Kyle’s ego to keep throwing. It was Matt’s!

lol

Geneaut and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

My feelings are Just fine.
 

At first it was funny watching you make a clown out of yourself, but Like all train wrecks, after Awhile it just gets boring to watch.

Like I said, you can make me disappear with a simple google search that backs up the claims of your comrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, $traightCashHomie said:

Like I said, you can make me disappear with a simple google search that backs up the claims of your comrades.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, $traightCashHomie said:

Nobody outside of homerville believes that.

Certainly not Tom Brady who threw a pick 6 in the red zone and was sacked in the red zone ending drives and costing his team points.

You don’t understand football tho; so I can understand why you are hung up on narrative of QB play being the difference. Regardless of the objective facts.

What did Ryan do in the SB that lost them the 28-3 lead?

Here is your chance. What your own 2(?) eyes saw.

How did Matt’s QBR and passer rating LIE to the world?

Prove it. What is your evidence?

You asking people to use google when the narrative is Brady and Pats came back.

Stuck on story telling or got any evidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Certainly not Tom Brady who threw a pick 6 in the red zone and was sacked in the red zone ending drives.

You don’t understand football tho; so I can understand why you are hung up on narrative of QB play being the difference. Regardless of the objective facts.

What did Ryan do in the SB that lost them the 28-3 lead?

Here is your chance. What your own 2(?) eyes saw.

How did Matt’s QBR and passer rating LIE to the world?

Prove it. What is your evidence?

You asking people to use google when the narrative is Brady and Pats came back.

Stuck on story telling or got any evidence?

I simply asked you to point to a human being that isn't a homer that feels that Ryan's performance was one of the best ever. Just say you can't do that. It has nothing to do with QBR or passer rating because both of those can be used to paint some bums as hall of famers.

Surely if Ryan had one of the best all time Super Bowl performances you can find someone outside of your circle jerk that agrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, $traightCashHomie said:

I simply asked you to point to a human being that isn't a homer that feels that Ryan's performance was one of the best ever. Just say you can't do that. It has nothing to do with QBR or passer rating because both of those can be used to paint some bums as hall of famers.

Surely if Ryan had one of the best all time Super Bowl performances you can find someone outside of your circle jerk that agrees.

Aww you can’t think for yourself?

I saw the game. Ryan had a great performance to cap off a great SB run.

Of course, winning a game is much more than just about QB.

Enjoy your stay while being a hater and troll I guess.

It was fun but now it’s just sad.

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it's just a great game? Not one of the best ever? You could have saved  us all a bunch of time and said that earlier.

Edited by $traightCashHomie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, $traightCashHomie said:

Now it's just a great game? Not one of the best ever? You could have saved  us all a bunch of time and said that earlier.

Debates about words. Not sure which person you are responding to which little dialogue you keep mentally breaking down on...

Fine. I'll do it for you.

3rd search result on google:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/01/28/super-bowl-liii-new-england-patriots-los-angeles-rams-quarterback-rankings-best-worst-performances-of-all-time/

Ryan’s performance in SB51 is listed by the non-Atlanta writer as the 11th best in history. A division rival’s paper at that!

/thread

Sit down.

Vandy and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now