robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, $traightCashHomie said:

So what you're saying is you can't find Ryan on a single list of top ten all time qb playoff performances? Just say that and stop using meaningless stats that make Mark Sanchez look like a better playoff qb than Brady.

Dude, you’re getting your sorry *** handed to you by @Geneaut in this thread. If I were you (and thank my god I’m not) I would back on out of here and hope nobody else notices. 

Geneaut and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Dude, you’re getting your sorry *** handed to you by @Geneaut in this thread. If I were you (and thank my god I’m not) I would back on out of here and hope nobody else notices. 

All I did was ask for a link to anyone outside of homerville who thinks Ryan's super bowl performance was one of the best ever. Nobody can because it wasn't. It wasn't even top 20 let alone one of the best ever. Nobody is handing me anything not you or any other hopeless homer.

Edited by $traightCashHomie
caponine likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

These fans don't deserve Ryan. 

I agree. We deserve much better than this for the 300+ million he stole from the franchise.

caponine likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, $traightCashHomie said:

All I did was ask for a link to anyone outside of homerville who thinks Ryan's super bowl performance was one of the best ever. Nobody can because it wasn't. It wasn't even top 20 let alone one of the best ever. Nobody is handing me anything not you or any other hopeless homer.

There’s no reason to find anyone. Ryan has the 4th best passer rating in SB history. It’s simple fact that can’t be repudiated. 
 

You can argue with me but you can’t argue with figures. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

There’s no reason to find anyone. Ryan has the 4th best passer rating in SB history. It’s simple fact that can’t be repudiated. 
 

You can argue with me but you can’t argue with figures. 

I never once argued his passer rating. Don't get a hernia moving those goalposts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, $traightCashHomie said:

I never once argued his passer rating. Don't get a hernia moving those goalposts.

Not a single goal post moved. Cold. Hard. Fact. He had a great SB, and the entire playoff run up to it was exceptional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great super bowl is not only debatable, it's a far cry from one of the best all time. Goalposts are definitely moving.

Edited by $traightCashHomie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, $traightCashHomie said:

Great super bowl is not only debatable, it's a far cry from one of the best all time. Goalposts are definitely moving.

It's not debatable. He had a perfect passer rating into the 3rd quarter. Finished with the 4th best rating ever. 

People can legitimately argue about the flaws in Matt's game and his place in NFL history but to say he didn't have a great SB is just ludicrous. He made Tom Brady and BB go to overtime to win the game. 

I realize you are trolling so I realize this is your shtick. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, $traightCashHomie said:

All I did was ask for a link to anyone outside of homerville who thinks Ryan's super bowl performance was one of the best ever. Nobody can because it wasn't. It wasn't even top 20 let alone one of the best ever. Nobody is handing me anything not you or any other hopeless homer.

How does that make me a “hopeless homer” observing that you’re getting your *** handed to you? I could care less where Ryan’s SB performance ranks in yours or some talking head’s list, because bottom line we lost that game. If we had won everyone would have raving reviews of his game, that’s how the world works.
 

and we all know that’s not all you’ve said in this thread, so man up and stick to the truth. You’ve claimed Ryan’s not doing his part this season as a “stat paddler”....

you’re just a flapper troll.

Schwarzwald and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, $traightCashHomie said:

I agree. We deserve much better than this for the 300+ million he stole from the franchise.

You must be a kid. Anyone that has suffered through seasons upon seasons as bad or worse than this year understands Ryan is the best AT we've ever had. There is No one we could get anywhere near his level and the team is lucky to have him.

Geneaut and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 2:00 AM, 43Under said:

At 1:06 :

Matt Ryan, with under 5 minutes in the game scrambles and completes what can be only described as a perfectly located ball to Julio Jones, who makes a fantastic sideline catch to move the Falcons into field goal range sealing their first ever Super Bowl Title.

AA742D65-7C61-4504-B54B-5AEDABC76C3E.thumb.jpeg.99ce67c67fdd7ba57d7ae83275e13dbf.jpeg

Keep throwing or kick the FG Kyle? Congrats. You kicked the FG in a prime time game...practice for your next opportunity to seal a SB win?

I get it. Our historically bad defense let your style down. Strategic football wouldn’t have. This is why Bill sends his regards.

Imagine having all day to throw vs a team better in man that relies on pass rush; but is dead from 60 snaps in 3rd Q....can’t run in man anymore or get to the QB and we think throwing and leaving time was the formula to secure the win?

Even when we needed the drive and got in position...

Because of coaching we have insane fans and mindless trolls that rely on ESPN and random takes to think for them.

just lol

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You must be a kid. Anyone that has suffered through seasons upon seasons as bad or worse than this year understands Ryan is the best AT we've ever had. There is No one we could get anywhere near his level and the team is lucky to have him.

Jay Cutler is the best qb the bears have ever had. Matt Stafford, Matt Schaub, Cam Newton, and Bernie Kosar are all their respective franchise's best qbs in history.

Are you telling me we couldn't have 2 winning seasons out of the last 6 with a different qb for less than 30 mil per year? I wouldn't call ourselves lucky to have him. More like stuck with him. 

Last time he signed a league record contract we went 3 years without a winning season. We're in year 2 of what appears to be the same scenario. We're unlikely to finish with a winning season this year or next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

AA742D65-7C61-4504-B54B-5AEDABC76C3E.thumb.jpeg.99ce67c67fdd7ba57d7ae83275e13dbf.jpeg

Keep throwing or kick the FG Kyle? Congrats. You kicked the FG in a prime time game...practice for your next opportunity to seal a SB win?

I get it. Our historically bad defense let your style down. Strategic football wouldn’t have. This is why Bill sends his regards.

Imagine having all day to throw vs a team better in man that relies on pass rush; but is dead from 60 snaps in 3rd Q....can’t run in man anymore or get to the QB and we think throwing and leaving time was the formula to secure the win?

Even when we needed the drive and got in position...

Because of coaching we have insane fans and mindless trolls that rely on ESPN and random takes to think for them.

just lol

They were trying to win mvp for Statty Melt, an arrogant, me first player who put his own accolades ahead of the team. I can't believe people are still buying the squeaky clean choir boy bs from this fraud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, $traightCashHomie said:

They were trying to win mvp for Statty Melt, an arrogant, me first player who put his own accolades ahead of the team. I can't believe people are still buying the squeaky clean choir boy bs from this fraud. 

KS.jpg.63aa9f746654da3858c4383f8e31c5af.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, BloodBurgerOne said:

He's actually playing his *** off. Again. He just has no coaches, no defense and no special teams. Pretty tough to win like that.

playing his *** off are you kidding me

$traightCashHomie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ryan is a part of the problem, he has had a chance to get us to 2 other superbowls but was stuck on the 2 yard line twice, victory was in his hands but he could not grabb the mantle.i see too many instances where balls flutter behind & on the wrong shoulder of receivers running free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, schwarzenegger321 said:

The guy has one of the best playoff performances EVER and he is criticized for giving up 25 points in a quarter, not blocking a free rusher and holding on the O line.

He has more 4th quarter come from behind wins but yet he is criticized for not being clutch

He is one of the most accurate passers under pressure, not under pressure, it doesn't matter, but yet he is criticized for not doing enough.

He has historically had one of the worst offensive lines and worst defenses in the NFL, yet still has great numbers and more wins than losses.

Not sure exactly what you want.  No other QB has ever done what he has.  He might not be flashy enough for you, but the dude is a winner.

he is not solely responsible for all of the comeback wins and whereare the comeback wins lately, that's why you don't see him being talked about on sports programs, he is getting boring, he has been reduced to throwing checkdowns, trying to come back.he shouldn't lose to rookie QB,s, he shouldn't lose to back up QB,s but he dose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shango said:

he is not solely responsible for all of the comeback wins and whereare the comeback wins lately, that's why you don't see him being talked about on sports programs, he is getting boring, he has been reduced to throwing checkdowns, trying to come back.he shouldn't lose to rookie QB,s, he shouldn't lose to back up QB,s but he dose

He shouldn’t have to overcome being stuck with one of the worst defenses almost every season, especially this year. When your D is only forcing 1 punt in multiple games that’s only so much you can do. 
 

Matt is not having a great season. That is a given. However I don’t think there are many QBs who could play with this D and make much difference. 

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 7:54 AM, NYCFalc said:

If Matt is so good why does he need amazing coaches, defense, offensive line and weapons? If he was so good he would elevate all those positions except defense.

He's had a good Oline twice. His.OC has changed 4 times. Has never had a good defense.

when did you think he had amazing defense, oline, coaching. Has had great weapons but rarely enough time to use them to full potential. Do you follow this team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now