robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

In 2019, Ryan is 3rd among QB for most TD in RZ. Funny two of the QBs in top 4 are the ones who played Falcons D. SMH. 

Rodgers is 14th and Brady at 21, I wonder what their team records are after 5 weeks.

Brady and Rodgers score a majority of thier points from the 20 out.. But once they are in the redzone they are very efficient.. Its the missed opportunities from Ryan that bug me

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Brady and Rodgers score a majority of thier points from the 20 out.. But once they are in the redzone they are very efficient.. Its the missed opportunities from Ryan that bug me

This makes absolutely no sense. 007 just gave you the stats that Ryan is 3rd in RZ TD efficiency and Brady and Rogers are midpack and lower and you say they are very efficient? Where's your proof that most of their points are scored outside the 20 or are you just pulling that out of your backside to push your narrative?

Edited by TNFalcon1

14 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Lol. Stop making up stuff. It’s just plain silly when you have nothing to back up. 

20 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

What’s so darn weird though is when you put yourself in Ryan’s cleats & see what’s playing out in front of him, it’s like choosing which episode of the 3 stooges to watch. 

But the best episodes are when he’s able to see them from a standing position & not from his back.

He ain’t perfect by any stretch but there’s not many better at reading defenses.

And yet he’s still performing better than the other elite QB’s.  Say what?

17 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Stop making up stuff. It’s just plain silly when you have nothing to back up. 

Look at the stats, what do you want me to say.. Matt Ryan is a amazing qb thats why we are 1-4..all I have is my phone atm and im not going to try to copy and paste links on it

14 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

What’s so darn weird though is when you put yourself in Ryan’s cleats & see what’s playing out in front of him, it’s like choosing which episode of the 3 stooges to watch. 

But the best episodes are when he’s able to see them from a standing position & not from his back.

He ain’t perfect by any stretch but there’s not many better at reading defenses.

And yet he’s still performing better than the other elite QB’s.  Say what?

Ryan needs to go to a different team then.. If all Ryan is going to do is compile stats while hes a Falcon please put him on another team he can actually win with

23 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

This makes absolutely no sense. 007 just gave you the stats that Ryan is 3rd in RZ TD efficiency and Brady and Rogers are midpack and lower and you say they are very efficient? Where's your proof that most of their points are scored outside the 20 or are you just pulling that out of your backside to push your narrative?

He is Rodgers has 6 TD so far in 2019. Very efficient outside and inside red zone.

Ergo Proxy and TNFalcon1 like this

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Look at the stats, what do you want me to say.. Matt Ryan is a amazing qb thats why we are 1-4..all I have is my phone atm and im not going to try to copy and paste links on it

What stats. Lol. Rodgers has 6 TD. 

TNFalcon1 and Ergo Proxy like this

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

What stats. Lol. Rodgers has 6 TD. 

For all the fans that love Matt Ryan, please protest for him to be placed on a new team so he can actually win a game and his greatness be known. Hes obviously never going anywhere as a Falcon 

15 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

For all the fans that love Matt Ryan, please protest for him to be placed on a new team so he can actually win a game and his greatness be known. Hes obviously never going anywhere as a Falcon 

Lol. Step up slum, may be you need another letter from swift.

Ergo Proxy, Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Now dat’s sum weird-*** Schit right der bro.  

Ryan has officially taken up residence in your head.  

All you who love Ryan?  Lmao, yikes.:barf:

So basically, if a fan understands how talented & accomplished the QB of their favorite team is & has been over the years, then we fans are some sort of abnormal freaks...  sounds logical to me :rolleyes:

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ryan needs to go to a different team then.. If all Ryan is going to do is compile stats while hes a Falcon please put him on another team he can actually win with

I’m afraid you’ll be one miserable joker for the next 3-4 years I imagine.  

Oh well.

Let all just pray the team gets better together slummy.  

Ergo Proxy likes this

Oh Gawd. We're back to the "But look at Matt Ryan's stats" crap.

Blow a 28 - 3 lead. But but but look at Matt Ryan's stats!

7 - 9 season. But but but look at Matt Ryan's stats!

1 - 4 start. 11 TDs, 7 INTs and 1 fumble. But but but look at Matt Ryan's stats!

The team sucks!

Plunket76 likes this

4 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

1 - 4 start. 11 TDs, 7 INTs and 1 fumble. But but but look at Matt Ryan's stats!

The team sucks!

I guess Drew Brees sucked for four out of five seasons the Saints went 7-9.

How could a Hall of Fame quarterback have losing seasons that often!manning.jpg.f9279c687547fcff2cc8d4c940041a1f.jpgCDC49103-F574-43BA-89A1-3177874179E4.jpeg.27d859fcb0709bb72cadab6e0f022dff.jpeg

You guys are hopeless.

Geneaut likes this

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, schwarzenegger321 said:

Why do people say Ryan’s contract is a problem?  Next year his contract will be peanuts comparatively.  You put him on a team with a decent Oline and a coach that  knows how to run a west coast and he will win a SB in two years.  We could easily get two 1st rd picks for him with his contract.  Only a falcons fan would think otherwise.

2 firsts for a 34 year old QB? I'd say do it in a hurry.

1 hour ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

The team sucks!

The guy has one of the best playoff performances EVER and he is criticized for giving up 25 points in a quarter, not blocking a free rusher and holding on the O line.

He has more 4th quarter come from behind wins but yet he is criticized for not being clutch

He is one of the most accurate passers under pressure, not under pressure, it doesn't matter, but yet he is criticized for not doing enough.

He has historically had one of the worst offensive lines and worst defenses in the NFL, yet still has great numbers and more wins than losses.

Not sure exactly what you want.  No other QB has ever done what he has.  He might not be flashy enough for you, but the dude is a winner.

Ergo Proxy likes this

9 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

The guy has one of the best playoff performances EVER and he is criticized for giving up 25 points in a quarter, not blocking a free rusher and holding on the O line.

He has more 4th quarter come from behind wins but yet he is criticized for not being clutch

He is one of the most accurate passers under pressure, not under pressure, it doesn't matter, but yet he is criticized for not doing enough.

He has historically had one of the worst offensive lines and worst defenses in the NFL, yet still has great numbers and more wins than losses.

Not sure exactly what you want.  No other QB has ever done what he has.  He might not be flashy enough for you, but the dude is a winner.

My point is that it's a TEAM sport. One man can't do it like in baseball (pitcher) basketball or boxing.

When all goes bad for the Falcons (most years) Stans look for one guy to make them feel good. The QB. BUT THE TEAM STILL SUCKS!!!

Forget the agenda that sportswriters try to shape for professional football. There is no ONE guy that carries the team. That can put the team on his back. This is football. The ultimate team sport. Miss me with that crap about a single guy doing it all.

I love Matt Ryan, but I can understand where some would not. His deep balls are not very good, and he makes some questionable decisions at times, but that is what being a QB is all about. The Brady's of the world do not grow on trees. He's not perfect, but we can darn sure win with him...

ShadyRef likes this

13 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Only MR2 homers claim that was even a top ten playoff performance let alone one of the best all time. Giving up a 28-3 lead at the end of the biggest game of your career, unable to lead a single scoring drive on the last 5 drives means a lot more than just blaming the defense that this team isn't known for to start with. That same defense also scored a quarter of our points if I remember correctly.

Now if you were to say he had one of the best halves in playoff history that would be near impossible to argue, that 1st half was one of the best I ever saw but going further than that is just revisionist homer delusion. 

At 1:06 :

Matt Ryan, with under 5 minutes in the game scrambles and completes what can be only described as a perfectly located ball to Julio Jones, who makes a fantastic sideline catch to move the Falcons into field goal range sealing their first ever Super Bowl Title.

HASHBROWN3, Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

On 10/7/2019 at 8:03 AM, quotemokc said:

I would rather have a functioning run game than a QB that is a threat to run.

Great QB's sustain drives. Many teams are struggling to run the ball. It is not just us. I watched Aaron Rodgers on several occasions this season run for 1st downs to keep drives alive. Russell Wilson does it often. In todays in NFL a QB must have MOBILITY inside & outside the pocket. This is in no way that I am saying that you need a running QB. Im saying QB's like Andrew Luck, Big Ben, **** even Tom Brady knows how to buy time. That is why Antonio/Ben were so good. They made big plays by Ben escaping the pocket. It is happening all over the NFL. Julio & Ridley cant get any slants, any comeback, just absolutely nothing in the middle of the field. Why? Because LB's are dropping 5-15 yards. Beacause Matt is not a threat to run we are forced to call a **** middle TE screen or middle screens to the RB which almost never works. Ppl wonder why Matt keeps dumping the ball of to the RB. When there is no threat of running then defenses can afford to drop LB's back & play bracket coverage on Julio & Ridley. Where Matt make his best throws are when he does a 3 step drop & gets it out & on bootlegs running to his right when he can throw back deep left, middle, or right. It is rare that something positive will happen when Matt roles out to the right. He just does not have the upper body strength to turn his torso & hit a WR. Matt must set then plant his feet to make a strong throw. We have a serious problem. Matt is definitely not our biggest issue but when most of our $ is invested on the offensive side of the ball we as fans expect the offense to overcome our defense deficiencies. For instance when the INDY game. The defense stop them 3 & out. And what did our offense do? Go 3 & out. We cannot afford to do that knowing that the defense is trash. Again, we have BIG PROBLEMS. Matt is not the biggest problem. But getting paid to be a problem solver or problem stopper we expect better. You can have all the yards, & completions pct, just stop going 3 & out & score some TD's & get a W. All that other $#@^ does not matter.

Did he contradict himself?

On 10/9/2019 at 11:38 AM, Embrace the suck said:

2 firsts for a 34 year old QB? I'd say do it in a hurry.

"... We could easily get two 1st rd picks for him with his contract..." 

Dude, I would do that so fast your head would spin. Two firsts for an aging, irrelevant, un- clutch, non winner? Please... oh please make that happen... 

Osiruz and $traightCashHomie like this