robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2019 at 6:23 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Most all teams game plan vs Ryan is: put the ball in Ryans hands between the 20s.. Hes going to over and under throw targets, throw behind Julio, easy sack target, hes not going to run very far.. Let Ryan get a few garbage throws and tighten up defense at the 20..Ryans redzone issues are well known in the league.. Easy game plan for all teams to defeat Ryan

I don’t disagree with this...historically he either can’t or won’t make the necessary throws in the red zone on the regular.

he was more adventurous about it when Tony was here...but you shouldn’t need a HoF TE to score red zone passing TD’s. In particular and oddly backshoulder and jump ball throws have never been his jam.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

On 10/7/2019 at 6:23 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Most all teams game plan vs Ryan is: put the ball in Ryans hands between the 20s.. Hes going to over and under throw targets, throw behind Julio, easy sack target, hes not going to run very far.. Let Ryan get a few garbage throws and tighten up defense at the 20..Ryans redzone issues are well known in the league.. Easy game plan for all teams to defeat Ryan

This is just ignorance or flat out trolling. One of the myths which go with his inaccuracy fantasies. 

In 2018, he was 4th in RZ TD behind Mahomes, Luck and Goff. Brees at 6, Brady at 12 and Rodgers at 16.

in 2016, he was 3rd in the NFL in RZ TD behind Rodgers and Brady. 

in 2017, when the Receivers caused multiple tipped ball interceptions and couldn’t score. Even in a down year he was top 10 in RZ. 

Ergo Proxy, Vandy, Geneaut and 2 others like this

16 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

I don’t disagree with this...historically he either can’t or won’t make the necessary throws in the red zone on the regular.

he was more adventurous about it when Tony was here...but you shouldn’t need a HoF TE to score red zone passing TD’s. In particular and oddly backshoulder and jump ball throws have never been his jam.

This is another myth. Red zone is tough to o score even for other QB. Folks see some high lights of other QB and think they are perfect. The field compresses putting an offense on backfoot.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

This is just ignorance or flat out trolling. One of the myths which go with his inaccuracy fantasies. 

In 2018, he was 4th in RZ TD behind Mahomes, Luck and Goff. Brees at 6, Brady at 12 and Rodgers at 16.

in 2017, when the Receivers caused multiple tipped ball interceptions and couldn’t score. Even in a down year he was top 10 in RZ. 

I look at it completely different, because yes we get to the redzone.. Actually alot.. I take in consideration all the blown opportunities to score td's when we are in the redzone, and if you take a look at that youll be surprised.. The missed opportunities in the redzone have equaled alot of L's

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I look at it completely different, because yes we get to the redzone.. Actually alot.. I take in consideration all the blown opportunities to score td's when we are in the redzone, and if you take a look at that youll be surprised.. The missed opportunities in the redzone have equaled alot of L's

So Brady and Brees suck in RZ ? Rodgers suck s in RZ, coz they are blowing up more opportunities. 

I tell you what these guys have, a good to great D and a running game. 

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

So Brady and Brees suck in RZ ? Rodgers suck s in RZ, coz they are blowing up more opportunities. 

Absolutely not, but in our current state as the way our team is built.. We cant afford to not score every opportunity because we have a screen door defense 

$traightCashHomie likes this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Absolutely not, but in our current state as the way our team is built.. We cant afford to not score every opportunity because we have a screen door defense 

Lol. Moving goal posts.  Ryan has been better than them. It’s not Ryan’s fault how team is built. That’s on coach and GM.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Moving goal posts.  Ryan has been better than them. It’s not Ryan’s fault how team is built. That’s on coach and GM.

Its not Ryans fault, but he has to understand what we have as a team and it does fall back on him to win with what we have. We just cant afford to leave any opportunities on the field in the redzone if as a team we expect to win.. Im sure you realize that as much as i do

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Its not Ryans fault, but he has to understand what we have as a team and it does fall back on him to win with what we have. We just cant afford to leave any opportunities on the field in the redzone if as a team we expect to win.. Im sure you realize that as much as i do

No. The defense should do their job, he is not one man army. There are no perfect QB in the NFL.

TNFalcon1, Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

No. The defense should do their job, he is not one man army. There are no perfect QB in the NFL.

Not asking Ryan to be perfect, im saying to please look at our missed opportunities to score td's in the redzone this season alone.. We could at least be 3-2 easily 

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Not asking Ryan to be perfect, im saying to please look at our missed opportunities to score td's in the redzone this season alone.. We could at least be 3-2 easily 

That is perfection. He plays as good as any other QB in the NFL. It’s not like he had good OL and running game. How about some running game to punch it in and not commit penalties.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, HASHBROWN3 said:

Nope. Case dismissed, you’re a troll & clearly aren’t very familiar with the truth

Have a clue bro.  

The best thing for you to do is to act like a man & admit it... Please stop pretending you are an objective poster & stop insulting the intelligence of all board members.  LOL, you ain’t foolin’ anyone troll-sissy.

**** hash!  Haven’t seen you get this take-no-prisoners/riled up in awhile!

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

**** hash!  Haven’t seen you get this take-no-prisoners/riled up in awhile!

It’s that wonderful time of year again Vandy!  

Falcons playing like doo doo & AFMB becomes the land of nuts & flakes. 

I’m just getting in the spirit...

:tiphat:

Vandy, Drew4719, Geneaut and 2 others like this

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Not asking Ryan to be perfect, im saying to please look at our missed opportunities to score td's in the redzone this season alone.. We could at least be 3-2 easily. 

Not here on planet earth we couldn’t Slummy.

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

We are 11th in red zone TD% this year. With NO running game. Ryan has all but one of our redzone TDs. Ryan is always amongst the QBs with a better QB rating in the redzone and on third down, and consequently in TQBR which accounts for those two things. 

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I tell you what these guys have, a good to great D and a running game. 

You’d think people would think before posting.

agenda and narrative.

What facts? My head is in the sand pretending something good is a problem.

falcons007 and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Doesn’t that make it negative now? :ninja:

Surprised you could figure out just exactly how much you lost in the first place! :tiphat:2A45F05D-66FE-471E-96BA-7302A7741CD1.jpeg.c1c4a2715f27a10913df51c3d060c199.jpeg2865A2EB-DECD-4C8A-B57E-33095A890130.thumb.jpeg.b79a4147e94b2f86b019ed0bbf81efbc.jpeg

Actually have an IQ of 138... Go look it up. I'll be here waiting... 

4 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Actually have an IQ of 138... Go look it up. I'll be here waiting... 

LOL!

And yet you continue to draw negative attention to yourself like a weak, needy, little troll-child keeps coming back for more abuse.

Holy cow I haven’t seen a troll beating like this in quite some time!

Geneaut, Vandy, Drew4719 and 2 others like this

2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We are 11th in red zone TD% this year. With NO running game. Ryan has all but one of our redzone TDs. Ryan is always amongst the QBs with a better QB rating in the redzone and on third down, and consequently in TQBR which accounts for those two things. 

5 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

In 2019, Ryan is 3rd among QB for most TD in RZ. Funny two of the QBs in top 4 are the ones who played Falcons D. SMH. 

Rodgers is 14th and Brady at 21, I wonder what their team records are after 5 weeks.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You’d think people would think before posting.

agenda and narrative.

What facts? My head is in the sand pretending something good is a problem.

It’s called confirmation bias. Ryan makes one mistake, he is a bum.

if you don’t like Ryan for  what he has done and doing by now, you probably never will.

Ryan is part of the team and right now the team SUCKS!!!

Trying to single out Ryan is like squeezing fat from a pimple.

If people want to single out someone consistently doing their job then focus on Freddie Falcon. Otherwise..........

On 10/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, Falcanuck said:

A lot of garbage time stats, but yes, sadly this Falcons team is so bad that Matt would have to score 40 pts a game to come close to winning.

/thread.