robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:
  • I hated his murdering dogs.
  • I hated his fighting dogs.
  • I hated his participation in an intestate gambling ring.
  • I hate his getting off with a slap on the wrist.
  • I hate that the dog-killer was ever released from prison.
  • I hate that he was applauded upon his return to the NFL.

I don't give a ---- about no dag gum dogs! 

22 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

What Schaub comes in and wins are ppl going to start the trade Matt Ryan topics lol.

Well yeah, if Schaub comes in and tears it up it would certainly raise some questions.  Highly doubtful that happens though...

28 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Vick was at his best under Dan Reeves! Mr. Blank made a quick trigger to fire Reeves even though Vick had gotten hurt during preseason. Just in case many of you have forgotten Dan Reeves took MV7 and the Falcons into Green Bay during the winter in the Playoffs and did something NO ONE HAD DONE AT THAT TIME they won! Those guys were also close to beating Philly! 

That's when it all started going down hill for MV7, and he started hitting the MJ at airports. Should have stuck with Reeves. 

TX Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

That's when it all started going down hill for MV7, and he started hitting the MJ at airports. Should have stuck with Reeves. 

Which is why I think DQ gets the full season...

You’re correct  but I also miss having aN NFL team.  this bunch is garbage no matter who we run out as QB.  I’d bench MR for season. No need getting him killed in case we some how get competitive for next year.  

I'm as critical as they come but if anyone actually thought this team would be better with Schaub then they might have ate too many paint chips as a child.

Fiercefalcon likes this

Why **** on Shaub? I don't get it. I wanted him to succeed. He did a great job today, the line protected him today, he got the ball out, and played an admirable game. Kudos to Shaub. Having said that, I hope the line can protect Ryan this way when he gets back.

Just now, EJmusic said:

Why **** on Shaub? I don't get it. I wanted him to succeed. He did a great job today, the line protected him today, he got the ball out, and played an admirable game. Kudos to Shaub. Having said that, I hope the line can protect Ryan this way when he gets back.

This x1000. Schaub had a pretty clean pocket for the most part all day

5 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Matt Schaub's final stats will not look much different than Ryan's. 

No real difference between the two besides salary. 

This, there wasn't much difference. Defense and Devonta like always let us down. 

Schwarzwald and Atl Falcon like this

Schaub is a starting caliber QB that got relegated to the cellar because of an unusual streak of pick 6's. People are going to spin his pretty good performance tonight as evidence that Ryan isn't that good, when in reality it's just that Schaub is way better than his reputation precedes.

Edited by likeriver
Schwarzwald and Osiruz like this

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hindsight will say this thread didn’t go as intended. That said, Schaub has terrible arm strength

I disagree I think his arm is better than Ryan's. You see ridley catching those passes in stride and running?

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hindsight will say this thread didn’t go as intended. That said, Schaub has terrible arm strength

So does Drew Brees.... I think his arms going to fall off

Just now, Embrace the suck said:

I disagree I think his arm is better than Ryan's. You see ridley catching those passes in stride and running?

That was dam near his nest and furthest throw all game. That’s another example of hindsight lol

7 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

This x1000. Schaub had a pretty clean pocket for the most part all day

And he passed for 445 yards and 1 td besides that expected rusty int. What more can you ask for him, to hold Defumblè's hand so he doesnt fumble? 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

1 hour ago, ATLPhil said:

That speech that Julio Jones had in the locker room wasnt worth a mosquito fart.

The problems are well beyond being fixable by an inspirational speech - that's something that Quinn has never understood.

Just now, Atl Falcon said:

So does Drew Brees.... I think his arms going to fall off

You wish it would before week 10 

I’m in full belief that over a season MR is by far a superior AB.  Best we’ve had besides Bart and MRs won playoff game(s). I will however say, Shaun will en up w MR #s today.  Not sure I’d bet a franchise on that averaging out over time but more than capable back up.  That’s one thing we’ve done right.  

10 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Matt Schaub's final stats will not look much different than Ryan's. 

No real difference between the two besides salary. 

37 million vs 4.5 million is a big difference.

Jerz #Quinning and Osiruz like this