robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Please don't talk like that ..... I'd hate to think we are not going to go get a great New HC that is expert on the O# side of the ball. Like SF O#C.

considering that coach won’t arrive until next season.............nvm 

36 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

So you didn’t like Vick much? I’ve seen your posts. Man this fan base is so divided between Michael Vick and Matt Ryan. I love both equally.

I liked Vick. Didn’t love him like Atlanta did. I just hated that he couldn’t play the quarterback position efficiently in his 5th year 

mqg96, ya_boi_j, Geneaut and 1 other like this

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I liked Vick. Didn’t love him like Atlanta did. I just hated that he couldn’t play the quarterback position efficiently in his 5th year 

I hated that he couldn’t play it his entire career in Atlanta 

MSalmon, mqg96 and JD dirtybird21 like this

24 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hated that he couldn’t play it his entire career in Atlanta 

Well, I did too. But I gave him a pass in 2002. In 2004, I started to get frustrated with him 

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well, I did too. But I gave him a pass in 2002. In 2004, I started to get frustrated with him 

No sir. When you’re #1 overall you don’t get a pass. that on you from the first day you become starter. Especially qb. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

So you didn’t like Vick much? I’ve seen your posts. Man this fan base is so divided between Michael Vick and Matt Ryan. I love both equally.

vick over ryan

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

No sir. When you’re #1 overall you don’t get a pass. that on you from the first day you become starter. Especially qb. 

That’s fair. But you also have to look at the entire body of work. Vick definitely had some moxie or an “it factor” to him. He could energize a team with his play making ability. And we can’t take that away from him. That being said, he never became the quarterback that I expected of him. Fans of Atlanta crowned him before he deserved it. 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

2004 was Vick's peak tho, when we went 11-5 and made it to the NFC Championship before falling to that powerful Eagles team in Philly. It's amazing how both Vick and Ryan's best seasons happened when they both went 11-5 with the almost same opponents (both scheduled AFC West and NFC West). The biggest difference. 2016 was the final year of the Dome, so it was more special, and 2016 had the 13-3 Cowboys who haven't been to the NFC Championship since 1995, which allowed the Falcons to have a final home game for the NFC Championship against the Packers. 2004 had the 13-3 Eagles led by McNabb who were way better than that 2016 Cowboys team, and we can't win in Philly so.... Even if the Cowboys had beaten the Packers in the divisional round, I still think the Falcons beat them in Dallas in the NFC Championship game.  

VTCrunkler likes this

3 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

vick over ryan

No. I get tired of folks comparing the two. Both of them were great for their time in Atlanta. Vick was the greatest talent Atlanta ever had. Ryan is the best QB statistically and most accomplished in Atlanta. Vick is the Rodgers of Atlanta. Ryan is the Brady of Atlanta.

16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s fair. But you also have to look at the entire body of work. Vick definitely had some moxie or an “it factor” to him. He could energize a team with his play making ability. And we can’t take that away from him. That being said, he never became the quarterback that I expected of him. Fans of Atlanta crowned him before he deserved it. 

He could have but he didn’t take advantage of his opportunity. He had a chance to be very great but he wasted his chance. I know a lot of fans, especially fans of our culture, love to see a running qb for whatever reason. I’m one of the few that gives no cares about a qb that runs. It’s a difference between running when you have to vs an offense designed around you running as a qb. I don’t see how any qb can be happy about rushing for 800+ yards but passing was sub par. I always say if they wanna run they should have played running back and allow someone with real talent to play qb. People get upset when o say that but it’s the truth. There aren’t many Russell Wilson’s in the world

14 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

2004 was Vick's peak tho, when we went 11-5 and made it to the NFC Championship before falling to that powerful Eagles team in Philly. It's amazing how both Vick and Ryan's best seasons happened when they both went 11-5 with the almost same opponents (both scheduled AFC West and NFC West). The biggest difference. 2016 was the final year of the Dome, so it was more special, and 2016 had the 13-3 Cowboys who haven't been to the NFC Championship since 1995, which allowed the Falcons to have a final home game for the NFC Championship against the Packers. 2004 had the 13-3 Eagles led by McNabb who were way better than that 2016 Cowboys team, and we can't win in Philly so.... Even if the Cowboys had beaten the Packers in the divisional round, I still think the Falcons beat them in Dallas in the NFC Championship game.  

I think you’re giving Vick way too much credit for that 2004 team.

ya_boi_j and Schwarzwald like this

3 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

when?

Vs Jags...preseason. 

Dont tell me you forgot how he made a case for legit #2 backup.

Hes wayy better than Schaub.

7 hours ago, Malachore said:

LMAO we are not in rebuild mode.

Why are people constantly parroting this all because we traded our 4th best receiver that was getting cut in the offseason?

TAFT

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I bet Schaub plays, but trolling because some guys like a running QB is as smart as people wanting to trade Ryan.

Schaub has already been dubbed as the starter

Schwarzwald and Knight of God like this

5 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Not this Falcon, Vick was completing only like 55% of his passes and was frequently hurt. 

um quit obsessing up about michael vick

7 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

What Schaub comes in and wins are ppl going to start the trade Matt Ryan topics lol.

What would be an excuse if Schaub did win? Id love to hear this

KCFalcon22 likes this

Why are so many Ryan rump huggers already trying to make excuses for Schaub possibly winning tomorrow.. Dosnt show alot of the confidence ya'll have in your elite hof gold jacket dreaming qb :shrug:

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Ryan is the Brady of Atlanta.

I literally almost ran off the road laughing when i read this.. I hope Brady dosnt accidentally ever sees this.. Going to have to share this on Patriots Facebook page lmao

Jerz #Quinning likes this

17 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I literally almost ran off the road laughing when i read this.. I hope Brady dosnt accidentally ever sees this.. Going to have to share this on Patriots Facebook page lmao

You’re completely twisting his words. Stop

mqg96 likes this

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You’re completely twisting his words. Stop

This dude always contradicts himself with his arguments and makes some of the most hypocritical statements ever when it comes to teams, positions and QB’s. He obviously didn’t get what I was saying. 

Edited by mqg96

40 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Why are so many Ryan rump huggers already trying to make excuses for Schaub possibly winning tomorrow.. Dosnt show alot of the confidence ya'll have in your elite hof gold jacket dreaming qb :shrug:

Did Ryan steal your parking space or something? You been attacking him for God knows how long now, sometimes with good reason, but usually with just vitriol at every turn. 

I mean..."rump huggers".  Why go there instead of just calmly discussing your position on things?  We're all fans of the team.  

I think:huh:

45 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ryan rump huggers? You got problems.

I have literally seen noone make any excuses.

Everyone who believes Schaub and the falcons will win tommorow please stand up....

See? Noone. Shut up and sit down.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

9 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Ryan rump huggers? You got problems.

I have literally seen noone make any excuses.

Everyone who believes Schaub and the falcons will win tommorow please stand up....

See? Noone. Shut up and sit down.

I honestly believe we'll win tomorrow, should be a good game