robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2019 at 6:51 PM, shango said:

but brisset, lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson outplayed ryan when they matched up and don't look now but e get to see Russell this weekend

Well, if Matt got to throw on the Falcons D, he’d already have 30 Tds and no picks.  Think about it.

Geneaut, falcons007 and Schwarzwald like this

3 hours ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Well, if Matt got to throw on the Falcons D, he’d already have 30 Tds and no picks.  Think about it.

Irrelevant. Matt has weapons even if no OL. Even tho those QBs got to face basically no defense; having the better weapons (basically just Julio in any debate and it’s over), MEANS you should overcome playing vs a tougher Defense by comparison and any level of OL play.

Dont get me started on that 2016 MVP job because he had an OC! Overcome it like Brady, Brees, Rodgers and the elites do!

Oh and /purp

On 10/20/2019 at 9:04 PM, Drvillain said:

Instead lets get a mobile QB that will get obliterated and have injury issues 

better than a statue back there behind out pizz poor "OL" 

for 3o million dollars matt ought to be able to win some games just b/c,we ignored the defensive side of the ball b/c we thought matt with julio could put u 30 points a game but we are lucky to see 14.we have practically tried to spoon feed greatness on matt, but he doesn't have the god given ability to make it happen.stuck on the 2 yard line twice with a chance to go to the superbowl, one time with julio, roddy & an allpro TE.just recently with Philadelphia( one friend that lives in another state that was cheering for us that year said," man your QB looked like he was scared")another narrative that comes up after 10 yrs. in the league.up 28 to 3 in that superbowl with the defense giving you 7 of the points, a league MVP has to bring that home.

Chaz likes this

1 hour ago, shango said:

for 3o million dollars matt ought to be able to win some games just b/c,we ignored the defensive side of the ball b/c we thought matt with julio could put u 30 points a game but we are lucky to see 14.we have practically tried to spoon feed greatness on matt, but he doesn't have the god given ability to make it happen.stuck on the 2 yard line twice with a chance to go to the superbowl, one time with julio, roddy & an allpro TE.just recently with Philadelphia( one friend that lives in another state that was cheering for us that year said," man your QB looked like he was scared")another narrative that comes up after 10 yrs. in the league.up 28 to 3 in that superbowl with the defense giving you 7 of the points, a league MVP has to bring that home.

Until that D quits allowing 30+ points a game there's really no reason to fuss much about Matt.

9 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

What Schaub comes in and wins are ppl going to start the trade Matt Ryan topics lol.

They're doing that without Shaub. My question is this though. If a team like Chicago, who's solid all around with the exception of QB offered us a a certain amount of picks for Ryan, would we take it? Considering we are in rebuild mode, and they're still in the thick of things.

KCFalcon22 likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Hey I was actually on team Schaub during the Vick years. Lol

I saw the game @ Chi in person, forget what year, but it was a week before Christmas and FREEZING and Vick wanted nothing to do with that game and I was yelling for them to put Schaub in so I feel ya lol

JD dirtybird21 likes this

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

They're doing that without Shaub. My question is this though. If a team like Chicago, who's solid all around with the exception of QB offered us a a certain amount of picks for Ryan, would we take it? Considering we are in rebuild mode, and they're still in the thick of things.

We could be getting picks and be browns for years.

KCFalcon22 likes this

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

These aren't even worth talking about if you look at the contract.  It literally cannot happen.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

1 minute ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Falcons can hold tight and still be the Browns for years

The falcons with Ryan can never be browns and haven’t been browns. In the last 12 years, not a lot of teams have better record than Falcons. Browns are bottom feeders.  You play madden trades with franchise QB, they will end up like browns.

stingbee likes this

4 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

LMAO we are not in rebuild mode.

Why are people constantly parroting this all because we traded our 4th best receiver that was getting cut in the offseason?