robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

 

It was amazing when the announcer actually noticed this very same thing.  

He stopped what they were talking about when he saw Matt pulling himself up off the turf for the umpteenth time & the cameraman caught the moment perfectly with a closeup of Matt’s face.

It was the perfect moment. His eyes were blazing with competitive fire.  It was clear he was pissed & hellbent on getting even!

It made an impression struck with the announcer immediately apparently because he said said Ryan was fired up.

I didn’t know they noticed on the broadcast but yeah I was disgusted with the body language of the defense from the beginning. I guess it goes after their DC and HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I unfollowed someone on Facebook yesterday (maybe that tells my age) because every time the falcons lose, Matt Ryan needs to go. 

The offense scored 32 points yesterday... you should NEVER lose an NFL game if you score 32. This is with the QB being harassed practically the whole game and the running game being non existent... Ryan isn’t the problem

Schwarzwald, Peteshweddy and mqg96 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

The length of your fandom has nothing to do with your trolling.

One man's trolling is another man's truth... Keep dreamin' my friend about Ryan's ability to win a SB... He is played out. Irrelevant. Yesterday's news. Time to prepare for the next savior who has the talent, will and ability to deliver. 

shango likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Falcons offense in first half: Vikings 0 points, Eagles 10 points, Colts 3 points, Titans 7 points. A lot of those losses could have been wins if the offense started the game scoring more points.

Great QB's sustain drives. Many teams are struggling to run the ball. It is not just us. I watched Aaron Rodgers on several occasions this season run for 1st downs to keep drives alive. Russell Wilson does it often. In todays in NFL a QB must have MOBILITY inside & outside the pocket. This is in no way that I am saying that you need a running QB. Im saying QB's like Andrew Luck, Big Ben, **** even Tom Brady knows how to buy time. That is why Antonio/Ben were so good. They made big plays by Ben escaping the pocket. It is happening all over the NFL. Julio & Ridley cant get any slants, any comeback, just absolutely nothing in the middle of the field. Why? Because LB's are dropping 5-15 yards. Because Matt is not a threat to run we are forced to call a **** middle TE screen or middle screens to the RB which almost never works. Ppl wonder why Matt keeps dumping the ball of to the RB. When there is no threat of running then defenses can afford to drop LB's back & play bracket coverage on Julio & Ridley. Where Matt make his best throws are when he does a 3 step drop & gets it out & on bootlegs running to his right when he can throw back deep left, middle, or right. It is rare that something positive will happen when Matt roles out to the right. He just does not have the upper body strength to turn his torso & hit a WR. Matt must set then plant his feet to make a strong throw. We have a serious problem. Matt is definitely not our biggest issue but when most of our $ is invested on the offensive side of the ball we as fans expect the offense to overcome our defense deficiencies. For instance when the INDY game. The defense stop them 3 & out. And what did our offense do? Go 3 & out. We cannot afford to do that knowing that the defense is trash. Again, we have BIG PROBLEMS. Matt is not the biggest problem. But getting paid to be a problem solver or problem stopper we expect better. You can have all the yards, & completions pct, just stop going 3 & out & score some TD's & get a W. All that other $#@^ does not matter.

shango likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

One man's trolling is another man's truth... Keep dreamin' my friend about Ryan's ability to win a SB... He is played out. Irrelevant. Yesterday's news. Time to prepare for the next savior who has the talent, will and ability to deliver. 

The very definition of trolling. I never mentioned Ryan in my point about your length of fandom and if that had any relationship to trolling. Yet you reply back with extreme hyperbole still ranting about Ryan. A subject I wasn't discussing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Great QB's sustain drives. Many teams are struggling to run the ball. It is not just us. I watched Aaron Rodgers on several occasions this season run for 1st downs to keep drives alive. Russell Wilson does it often. In todays in NFL a QB must have MOBILITY inside & outside the pocket. This is in no way that I am saying that you need a running QB. Im saying QB's like Andrew Luck, Big Ben, **** even Tom Brady knows how to buy time. That is why Antonio/Ben were so good. They made big plays by Ben escaping the pocket. It is happening all over the NFL. Julio & Ridley cant get any slants, any comeback, just absolutely nothing in the middle of the field. Why? Because LB's are dropping 5-15 yards. Because Matt is not a threat to run we are forced to call a **** middle TE screen or middle screens to the RB which almost never works. Ppl wonder why Matt keeps dumping the ball of to the RB. When there is no threat of running then defenses can afford to drop LB's back & play bracket coverage on Julio & Ridley. Where Matt make his best throws are when he does a 3 step drop & gets it out & on bootlegs running to his right when he can throw back deep left, middle, or right. It is rare that something positive will happen when Matt roles out to the right. He just does not have the upper body strength to turn his torso & hit a WR. Matt must set then plant his feet to make a strong throw. We have a serious problem. Matt is definitely not our biggest issue but when most of our $ is invested on the offensive side of the ball we as fans expect the offense to overcome our defense deficiencies. For instance when the INDY game. The defense stop them 3 & out. And what did our offense do? Go 3 & out. We cannot afford to do that knowing that the defense is trash. Again, we have BIG PROBLEMS. Matt is not the biggest problem. But getting paid to be a problem solver or problem stopper we expect better. You can have all the yards, & completions pct, just stop going 3 & out & score some TD's & get a W. All that other $#@^ does not matter.

Atlanta is currently #6 in the NFL for first downs per game. #5 for yards per drive. We aren't in a lot of 3 and outs. Our problem is scoring on Offense, but far worse our problem is stopping scores on D.

Matt's biggest problem this season has been turnovers in the red zone specifically. He's been pretty much old Matt everywhere else.

HASHBROWN3, Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, robertap said:

In passing yards and TD's.  #3 in completion %.  Only QB to ever start the first 5 games of a season with over 300 yards passing in each game.  According to many around here, he's done.  He's a noodle arm.  Frankly, he's just about the only player on the team worth watching these days.

When 70+ percent of the play selection is passing, racking up passing yards isn't particularly hard to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Ryan or undermining his abilities, but the passing yards aren't really all that impressive when he's dropping back 40-50 times a game to get it, and that's all on Koetter. I tend to focus more on pass efficiency, not just volume. With Shanny and Sark, the offense was getting explosive passing plays on a regular basis, which is why Ryan's YPA steadily increased, well, until now.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYCFalc said:

Post above, I just said Marino is a perfect comparison. And people on this board call Matt elite, that is putting him above what he actually is.

Wait a minute.....So you don’t think Dan Marino was an elite QB?

This is another example why I SMH at falcon fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

So you don’t think Dan Marino was an elite QB?

This is another example why I SMH at falcon fans. 

In his generation, yes. You can't sit here and tell me football is the same today as it was back then. I guess you can but I'll just shake my head at Falcons fans. I thought you were referring to stats without a ring. My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Great QB's sustain drives. Many teams are struggling to run the ball. It is not just us. I watched Aaron Rodgers on several occasions this season run for 1st downs to keep drives alive. Russell Wilson does it often. In todays in NFL a QB must have MOBILITY inside & outside the pocket. This is in no way that I am saying that you need a running QB. Im saying QB's like Andrew Luck, Big Ben, **** even Tom Brady knows how to buy time. That is why Antonio/Ben were so good. They made big plays by Ben escaping the pocket. It is happening all over the NFL. Julio & Ridley cant get any slants, any comeback, just absolutely nothing in the middle of the field. Why? Because LB's are dropping 5-15 yards. Because Matt is not a threat to run we are forced to call a **** middle TE screen or middle screens to the RB which almost never works. Ppl wonder why Matt keeps dumping the ball of to the RB. When there is no threat of running then defenses can afford to drop LB's back & play bracket coverage on Julio & Ridley. Where Matt make his best throws are when he does a 3 step drop & gets it out & on bootlegs running to his right when he can throw back deep left, middle, or right. It is rare that something positive will happen when Matt roles out to the right. He just does not have the upper body strength to turn his torso & hit a WR. Matt must set then plant his feet to make a strong throw. We have a serious problem. Matt is definitely not our biggest issue but when most of our $ is invested on the offensive side of the ball we as fans expect the offense to overcome our defense deficiencies. For instance when the INDY game. The defense stop them 3 & out. And what did our offense do? Go 3 & out. We cannot afford to do that knowing that the defense is trash. Again, we have BIG PROBLEMS. Matt is not the biggest problem. But getting paid to be a problem solver or problem stopper we expect better. You can have all the yards, & completions pct, just stop going 3 & out & score some TD's & get a W. All that other $#@^ does not matter.

I would rather have a functioning run game than a QB that is a threat to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYCFalc said:

In his generation, yes. You can't sit here and tell me football is the same today as it was back then. I guess you can but I'll just shake my head at Falcons fans. I thought you were referring to stats without a ring. My bad.

Who was discussing stats of today/yesterday? You were talking rings. So Now you’re talking out of both sides. 

marino was a HOFer, truly one of best QB’s in nfl history. Yet no rings.

Bigbenright, mqg96, Geneaut and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

A lot of garbage time stats, but yes, sadly this Falcons team is so bad that Matt would have to score 40 pts a game to come close to winning.

Ryan and the offense cut it to 1 possession game with about 6 or 7 minutes to go..   40 to 32.  What did our defense so?  **** the bed... again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYCFalc said:

If Matt is so good why does he need amazing coaches, defense, offensive line and weapons? If he was so good he would elevate all those positions except defense.

how is he supposed to do that when the defense can only make a team punt one time the whole day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

One man's trolling is another man's truth... Keep dreamin' my friend about Ryan's ability to win a SB... He is played out. Irrelevant. Yesterday's news. Time to prepare for the next savior who has the talent, will and ability to deliver. 

Nope. Case dismissed, you’re a troll & clearly aren’t very familiar with the truth

Have a clue bro.  

The best thing for you to do is to act like a man & admit it... Please stop pretending you are an objective poster & stop insulting the intelligence of all board members.  LOL, you ain’t foolin’ anyone troll-sissy.

Schwarzwald, Geneaut and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I don't have an issue with Ryan as the current starter, I just don't think he's going to age gracefully. It's going to be a lot more similar to Eli Manning than it will be Brady, IMO.

If at some point in the next 3 years we get an opportunity to draft our own developmental prospect and we don't pull the trigger, it will be a mistake. Ryan will play here into his late 30s, but his arm is already not the strongest and it will continue to decline throughout his career.

He probably has two or three good seasons left in him, and he has a massive contract so there's no sense in even speculating about getting rid of him. I just think we should draft a kid capable of passing the torch to sooner than later. 

Well said. From what we have seen so far this season the Falcons will have a low pick. Possibly top "5" pick. There are some great QB's coming in this years draft. Let that QB push MR the 1st year. I would love to see another QB throwing to JJ, Hooper, Sanu and Ridley.         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I don't have an issue with Ryan as the current starter, I just don't think he's going to age gracefully. It's going to be a lot more similar to Eli Manning than it will be Brady, IMO.

If at some point in the next 3 years we get an opportunity to draft our own developmental prospect and we don't pull the trigger, it will be a mistake. Ryan will play here into his late 30s, but his arm is already not the strongest and it will continue to decline throughout his career.

He probably has two or three good seasons left in him, and he has a massive contract so there's no sense in even speculating about getting rid of him. I just think we should draft a kid capable of passing the torch to sooner than later. 

Well said. From what we have seen so far this season the Falcons will have a low pick. Possibly top "5" pick. There are some great QB's coming in this years draft. Let that QB push MR the 1st year. I would love to see another QB throwing to JJ, Hooper, Sanu and Ridley.         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Most all teams game plan vs Ryan is: put the ball in Ryans hands between the 20s.. Hes going to over and under throw targets, throw behind Julio, easy sack target, hes not going to run very far.. Let Ryan get a few garbage throws and tighten up defense at the 20..Ryans redzone issues are well known in the league.. Easy game plan for all teams to defeat Ryan

No running game helps the opposing defense game plan. Ryan was running for his life yesterday and at one time had more rushing yards than Freeman. Watson had all day. No QB could carry this team on his back with our poor running game, poor offensive line, uninspired play calling and pitiful defense.

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Nope. Case dismissed, you’re a troll & clearly aren’t very familiar with the truth

Have a clue bro.  

The best thing for you to do is to act like a man & admit it... Please stop pretending you are an objective poster & stop insulting the intelligence of all board members.  LOL, you ain’t foolin’ anyone troll-sissy.

Dude don't respond to me if it bothers you... My IQ just dropped 30 points reading your lame post... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quotemokc said:

I would rather have a functioning run game than a QB that is a threat to run.

Agree. Freeman is not a threat to run. Maybe 2 yards a carry on most plays, even with a blocking back and heavy TE set. Smith is not that much better. Our offensive line is terrible. Rodgers looks awful when his offensive line plays poorly. He also is not very durable. Rodgers has a great defense this year. He does not have to score a TD on every drive to keep up with the scoring of the opposing team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

i would trade the whole draft for Belichek :sadwave:

Any mention of dropping everything in New England to come to the Falcons would most likely send Belichick into convulsions  of hysterical laughter. :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

Dude don't respond to me if it bothers you... My IQ just dropped 30 points reading your lame post... 

Thanks dunce.  

I suggest you commence punching yourself in the face repeatedly just for the collective entertainment of the board.

Troll.  

:lol:

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Atlanta is currently #6 in the NFL for first downs per game. #5 for yards per drive. We aren't in a lot of 3 and outs. Our problem is scoring on Offense, but far worse our problem is stopping scores on D.

Matt's biggest problem this season has been turnovers in the red zone specifically. He's been pretty much old Matt everywhere else.

Despite that I think we are still 12th in red zone% at 60%, which is pretty good. We rank 31st in average starting field position and penalties... can't find the stat but i'd wager we are probably top 5 in offensive line penalties. Probably a bigger reason for our lack of production than anything. 

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now