robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Look at the Taints with Teddy!!! Decent, extra average QB and they are looking tough to beat. Matt Ryan will never carry this team or another, on his back! I like Matt. He has been a good, not great QB. If he had a good line (he can be better than Teddy) he could have one a few Lombardis. But the future of the Falcons is not with MR2. Sorry guys it’s true.

Aints have a great defense and Oline, also a great run game 

Geneaut and SoldMySoul like this

1 minute ago, BirdGangATL said:

But they do have a defense that can get off the field at 3rd and 15 and o line that doesnt get their qb hit every time they drop back to throw

True true, it’s more than just a few guys 

1 minute ago, BirdGangATL said:

Aints have a great defense and Oline, also a great run game 

All of you said!!! A capable quarterback is all you need when everything else is on point. It pains me to my soul to admit saints are that good! 

I hope Matt is truly okay. He has been good. Time is up. He got a nice pay check and I will always like him. But it’s time to start looking to fix the Defense. Build a true O line and get a new quarterback. 

25 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

We will have brown paper bags on for at least 5 years if Ryan is gone but the fan base are blind to see that.

What do you wear when you're 1-6?

4 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

All of you said!!! A capable quarterback is all you need when everything else is on point. It pains me to my soul to admit saints are that good! 

I hope Matt is truly okay. He has been good. Time is up. He got a nice pay check and I will always like him. But it’s time to start looking to fix the Defense. Build a true O line and get a new quarterback. 

Why not go about fixing the defense, and O-line, and keep our MVP QB?!?!?! 
What a concept!!! 

In a way, that is true

But I still feel we could win a Super Bowl with him before his career is up

Blank needs to get rid of Quinn NOW

And we need to get some defensive players for next season, and help on the O and D lines

7 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I have a sneaking suspicion you never liked Matt Ryan even when he was MVP

Minus you incorrect sneaky suspicion, I have always liked Matt. I am critical of him, absolutely. But I won’t continue in the false hope. You can’t deny his arm is on the decline. He made some stupid plays as well. But overall truth is Matt needs a solid O line and everything else to perform. Matt has never had a line. I think after about 12 seasons it’s time to invest in another back. With a line Matt would be fine.

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

Why not go about fixing the defense, and O-line, and keep our MVP QB?!?!?! 
What a concept!!! 

Sir, MVP 2016. That was then. This is now. Dudes arm is shot.

FalconJim likes this

23 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Look at the Taints with Teddy!!! Decent, extra average QB and they are looking tough to beat. Matt Ryan will never carry this team or another, on his back! I like Matt. He has been a good, not great QB. If he had a good line (he can be better than Teddy) he could have one a few Lombardis. But the future of the Falcons is not with MR2. Sorry guys it’s true.

Defensive Points Allowed

Saints: 147

Panthers: 133

Falcons: 223 (worst in NFL)

Please tell me again how Teddy and these backups are “carrying” their team and Ryan sucks because he can’t do the same.

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

14 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Defensive Points Allowed

Please tell me again how Teddy and these backups are “carrying” their team and Ryan sucks because he can’t do the same.

Teddy and other mobile QB play defense too. 

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t think it needs a complete blow up. The core is there, just build a complete team.

There are some pieces. Cant' write off Oliver yet, because he might still be ok with a coaching staff not full of Gumps. But we need a LOT of pieces, especially on the defense, and we still need some work on the OL.

falcons007 likes this

3 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

There are some pieces. Cant' write off Oliver yet, because he might still be ok with a coaching staff not full of Gumps. But we need a LOT of pieces, especially on the defense, and we still need some work on the OL.

Should be up to new sheriff in town. Some of these guys need a new coach, some need a new team. It will all depend on if they hire Defensive or offensive mind as HC.

27 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Defensive Points Allowed

Ryan doesn’t suck. Show me where I typed it. You can’t because it’s not there. I said average quarterback with everything around good gets it done! The way the saints are on playing right now they don’t need Brees.

3 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Ryan doesn’t suck. Show me where I typed it. You can’t because it’s not there. I said average quarterback with everything around good gets it done! The way the saints are on playing right now they don’t need Brees.

I had tagged both you and the savannah guy in the same post.  Must have been lost when they merged threads as I had to add it after.  He was the one saying Ryan sucked and other backups were carrying their team.  You had made the Teddy comparison which is why I tagged yours as well.

SoldMySoul likes this

Just now, rings639 said:

I had tagged both you and the savannah guy in the same post.  Must have been lost when they merged threads as I had to add it after.  He was the one saying Ryan sucked and other backups were carrying their team.  You had made the Teddy comparison which is why I tagged yours as well.

They are doing that with a lot of our posts.

Look man, just because I am wishy washy about our quarterback doesn’t mean I don’t like him. Ryan is good and capable. He just has a sick team around him. I am not taking about Hoop, Sanu, Julio and Ridley, Jarrett. But everything else is putrid as our record shows. 

I just think Ryan’s chance is over!! He is declining at a rapid rate and I am surprised he wasn’t hurt a lot sooner. It’s sad really.  We good!

rings639 likes this

21 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

They are doing that with a lot of our posts.

Look man, just because I am wishy washy about our quarterback doesn’t mean I don’t like him. Ryan is good and capable. He just has a sick team around him. I am not taking about Hoop, Sanu, Julio and Ridley, Jarrett. But everything else is putrid as our record shows. 

I just think Ryan’s chance is over!! He is declining at a rapid rate and I am surprised he wasn’t hurt a lot sooner. It’s sad really.  We good!

I think you get an offensive minded, forward thinking HC in here and a lot of people will gain confidence in him again.  Koetter isn’t scheming anyone open, his play action has become extremely predictable, doesn’t do his line any favors by trying to mask weaknesses.  

All around Koetter is making a lot of players look worse than they are.  It’s one reason I don’t want Quinn gone until the end of the year, I don’t want Dirk running the team lol.

SoldMySoul likes this

10 minutes ago, rings639 said:

I think you get an offensive minded, forward thinking HC in here and a lot of people will gain confidence in him again.  Koetter isn’t scheming anyone open, his play action has become extremely predictable, doesn’t do his line any favors by trying to mask weaknesses.  

All around Koetter is making a lot of players look worse than they are.  It’s one reason I don’t want Quinn gone until the end of the year, I don’t want Dirk running the team lol.

Dirk was a horrible decision in retrospect. Honestly, I wasn’t overly thrilled about his return, but took a neutral “I get it” only because Sark didn’t seem outstanding. Dirk’s playcalling hasn’t been that good. 
I’m afraid by the time everything is fixed we are over 5 years in the future and Ryan will be out of the league. He is not going to last like Brees or Brady.

13 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Dirk was a horrible decision in retrospect. Honestly, I wasn’t overly thrilled about his return, but took a neutral “I get it” only because Sark didn’t seem outstanding. Dirk’s playcalling hasn’t been that good. 
I’m afraid by the time everything is fixed we are over 5 years in the future and Ryan will be out of the league. He is not going to last like Brees or Brady.

Not if his line plays like today lol!

14 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

So what about all pro rb's tight ends and the best wr core in the nfl? I mean the excuses are funny

You're correct but when your defense is as sorry as Atlanta has had forget about it. Offense has never been an issue. Your hatred of Ryan is obvious. Quinn was to be the defensive guru...his was to create a defense that would put this team over the top. He has failed...he's a fraud. 

Geneaut likes this

13 hours ago, The Rock said:

All those QBs won super bowls. After you win a Superbowl, getting paid is the next priority.

They also had a defense that could contribute. 

22 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

“Threw” is the past tense of the word “throw” Example:  “Matt Ryan threw many passes today.”

”Through” means to transition from one side or beginning of something to the other side. Example: “Unlike the Atlanta pass rush, every time Matt Ryan dropped back to pass, the Rams pass rush ran through our offensive line like a knife through butter.”

well thanks for grading my English paper, still like his whole career he has had chances and he did not capatalise after those 2 series the rams just decided to pin there ears back and rush a stationary target.it speaks volume when a team reast it starters b/c they don't even consider you a challenge, it was as if they were scrimmaging a scout team.