robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

No way I would trade Matt Ryan. But I see a team like the Vikings and think... if the Vikings had Ryan instead of Cousins (even though Cousins has had 3 good weeks, he will eventually go back and play like Cousins) they would really be a front runner.

If you want a ring you go to the Patriots. 

I say this with the knowledge that many will vehemently oppose me and light me up for saying this.  I truly think we well beyond re-tooling this team to be competitive....we need a flat out re-build.  That said, for us, the optimal value for our 34 year old quarterback (35 next year) is as a trade bait not as a player.  If we could find a partner (Miami anyone?) who would cough up a king's ransom for #2, it could set us up nicely in the draft next year.  For instance, if we could pry away Miami's one next year to go along with what we will ultimately end up with, we could be in position to pick two of the top five picks in the draft.  All this said....the coaching staff and front office has to go...and the sooner the better.

Now have at me.

Just now, savannahfalcon912 said:

Oh no!!! Don’t get me wrong!! He’s the best we have Ever had!!!

but he’s not The answer, he’s part of the complacent problem 

Mind what I said, he’s part of the “getting paid” complacent problem. 
he is in no way a $100mil QB.

never has been!! Ever

Chaz likes this

Just now, savannahfalcon912 said:

Mind what I said, he’s part of the “getting paid” complacent problem. 
he is in no way a $100mil QB.

never has been!! Ever

What bout Goff Cousins Stafford Garrapolo? What have they done to be rewarded to be a $100 mil QB?

Rings likes this

He had how many TD's while he was in there today???? 00000. Shaub was in less than 14 mins and got a td. We've surrounded MR with every ace of a skill player around and then make excuses for him. He's the 130 mil. man! Show me something!

Just now, BirdGangATL said:

What bout Goff Cousins Stafford Garrapolo? What have they done to be rewarded to be a $100 mil QB?

They are winning and for the record I’m not sold on Stanford or Jimmy G. But that not my team.

Just now, Chaz said:

He had how many TD's while he was in there today???? 00000. Shaub was in less than 14 mins and got a td. We've surrounded MR with every ace of a skill player around and then make excuses for him. He's the 130 mil. man! Show me something!

Yeah because a 7 minute sample out of today's game is really a good explanation of Matt Ryan's career. Get the f*** out of here

12 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

He will win a championship outside of Atl.  We don’t deserve him, we are just wasting his years here, he deserves much better than this dumb cursed joke franchise.  Trade him for future picks before it’s too late.

Matt dont deserve us.

Just now, Chaz said:

Exactly, he’s not worth that much! Take off the blinders Ryan lovers. Because he’s the best “we” have ever had doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of the NFL spectrum.

Look at all the other backup QBs having success, no more excuses for rubber arm

Chaz likes this

3 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

Oh please all them are below Ryan

But they are having success without a Julio, Hoop, Free, Beas, Tru, Gonzales,  etc......need I go on? 
cant throw money at a problem that isn’t money related

Edited by savannahfalcon912

6 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

They are winning and for the record I’m not sold on Stanford or Jimmy G. But that not my team.

Who the **** is Stanford? LOL put down the pipe.

2 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

Schaubby!!!

Yeah those ints really helped us win a lot of games...LOL

all his fault, all of them!!! Back breaking red zone ints

12 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

We don’t need Matt

Look at the Taints with Teddy!!! Decent, extra average QB and they are looking tough to beat. Matt Ryan will never carry this team or another, on his back! I like Matt. He has been a good, not great QB. If he had a good line (he can be better than Teddy) he could have one a few Lombardis. But the future of the Falcons is not with MR2. Sorry guys it’s true.

18 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

He will win a championship outside of Atl.  We don’t deserve him, we are just wasting his years here, he deserves much better than this dumb cursed joke franchise.  Trade him for future picks before it’s too late.

No, he really won’t. 

Just now, octoslash said:

Who the **** is Stanford? LOL put down the pipe.

I hate Stanford, he’s UGA product, lol

but they are winning and they are better than us and yes they have less talent on paper than us. Lol

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The Falcons have taken care of Matt. The franchise absolutely deserves him. It’s the bratty, spoiled, and self entitled fan base of the Atlanta Falcons that doesn’t deserve him 

You forgot ignorant, lazy, disrespectful amd the complete inability to make a decent pot pie!

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, SoldMySoul said:

Look at the Taints with Teddy!!! Decent, extra average QB and they are looking tough to beat. Matt Ryan will never carry this team or another, on his back! I like Matt. He has been a good, not great QB. If he had a good line (he can be better than Teddy) he could have one a few Lombardis. But the future of the Falcons is not with MR2. Sorry guys it’s true.

Well said!!!! Agreed!!!

4 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

But they are having success without a Julio, Hoop, Free, Beas, Tru, Gonzales,  etc......need I go on? 
cant throw money at a problem that isn’t money related

But they do have a defense that can get off the field at 3rd and 15 and o line that doesnt get their qb hit every time they drop back to throw

13 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If you want a ring you go to the Patriots. 

I would be surprised it BB made a move to get Ryan once (if ever) Brady retires.

2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I have a sneaking suspicion you never liked Matt Ryan even when he was MVP

falconsd56 and BirdGangATL like this