robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

You are a product of recency bias and ignorance.

NFL is a league of recency bias, unfortunately there are no lifetime achievement awards which is why we should have never signed Devonta Freeman.

Top Draft Pick likes this

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is slated to undergo and MRI on his ankle on Monday and was seen in a walking boot following Atlanta's 37-10 loss to the Rams in Week 7, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The good news surrounding Ryan's ankle, per Schefter, is that the team does not believe the injury to be serious. 

Ryan suffered the injury after being strip sacked by Rams star defensive lineman Aaron Donald with around 13:40 left in the fourth quarter. He limped off to the sidelined and sitting was on the bench for a moment before heading to the locker room. He was originally ruled as questionable, but eventually ruled out for the game. Ryan's day ended after he completed 16 of his 27 passes for 159 yards, an interception and that fumble.

Veteran quarterback Matt Schaub took over under center for Atlanta and completed all six of his passes for 65 yards and a touchdown in garbage time. 

While it's good news that Ryan's injury doesn't appear to be too serious, the Falcons fell to 1-6 on the season with this latest loss and are looking at a lost season in 2019. Next up, they'll host the Seattle Seahawks in Week 8 before heading into their bye in Week 9. 

The way Ryan was "crow-hopping" down that tunnel, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't miss some games.  And if it's a high ankle sprain, that can take 4-6 weeks to fully heal, depending on the severity.  So yeah, we're screwed!!! 

Ryan could have both legs amputated by Donald and idiot Quinn would say oh he is practicing this week doing well and will play this Sunday!! The disdain I have for them now!!!!

savannahfalcon912 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

The way Ryan was "crow-hopping" down that tunnel, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't miss some games.  And if it's a high ankle sprain, that can take 4-6 weeks to fully heal, depending on the severity.  So yeah, we're screwed!!! 

Great, it's a perfect coach speak opportunity to keep saying 'we will know more later this week' for the next 5 or 6 games and then cement our top 3 pick. :tiphat:

FalconJim likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Shut him down for the season but I doubt he will if healthy.

Ya, Gumby ain't no quitter. Still...we're taking L's anyway. Not like it'll matter. Team needs a lot of changes.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Ya, Gumby ain't no quitter. Still...we're taking L's anyway. Not like it'll matter. Team needs a lot of changes.

I don’t think it needs a complete blow up. The core is there, just build a complete team.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t think it needs a complete blow up. The core is there, just build a complete team.

Oh, no blowing it all up necessary but whoever is the GM/HC next year gotta make some tough decisions on who to cut for the 2020 cap year we need to get past.

I don't see Tru surviving a new coach regime as a Top-10 paid CB without it being a scheme fit. He was overpaid for NOT being an ideal fit in DQ's system in the first place. Let him go, take the $5M and eat the dead money...2020 cap problems can take all the help it can get. Maybe a team can use him like Philly?

Trade Sanu now...same relief from 2020 cap as cutting him after the season anyway. Get some picks.

Get picks for Tru/Sanu/Vic...make other decisions like with Free after the season since Free isn't getting any picks.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Oh, no blowing it all up necessary but whoever is the GM/HC next year gotta make some tough decisions on who to cut for the 2020 cap year we need to get past.

I don't see Tru surviving a new coach regime as a Top-10 paid CB without it being a scheme fit. He was overpaid for NOT being an ideal fit in DQ's system in the first place. Let him go, take the $5M and eat the dead money...2020 cap problems can take all the help it can get. Maybe a team can use him like Philly?

Trade Sanu now...same relief from 2020 cap as cutting him after the season anyway. Get some picks.

Get picks for Tru/Sanu/Vic...make other decisions like with Free after the season since Free isn't getting any picks.

I am not worried about the cap. It’s the draft next year which will make or break this team

Ergo Proxy likes this

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I am not worried about the cap. It’s the draft next year which will make or break this team

IMO the draft and cap moves go hand and hand for the chances of having a SB window with...because it's about adding the right pieces and cutting the right pieces to make a good mini-roster overhaul.

Next coaching staff is as important.

32 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I'd rather him not be out there anyways with our liability of an offensive line 

FalconJim likes this

26 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Shut him down for the season but I doubt he will sit out  if healthy.

If they can make it where he can walk, Ryan will try to play. I think he gets hurt more than we know, he just refuses to let anyone know. Probably alot to do with the days where he doesn't seem like himself. Hit like he takes constantly, take their toll on the toughest guys.

35 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Bro, we've been screwed. Ryan wasn't going to make a difference.

FalconJim likes this