robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

He's been puit into obvious passing situations with the oppsing team scoring every drive and the running game and penalties putting us in really weird spots. Ryan can still play, but I wouldn't mind letting him go a team with a good defense to end his career with a chance

We always fantasize with stuff like "could you imagine Julio with Majomes". But could you imagine Ryan with the Bears D? Guaranteed Lombardi.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

7 hours ago, robertap said:

In passing yards and TD's.  #3 in completion %.  Only QB to ever start the first 5 games of a season with over 300 yards passing in each game.  According to many around here, he's done.  He's a noodle arm.  Frankly, he's just about the only player on the team worth watching these days.

Played his *** off yesterday. 

Every year the guy leaves it all on the field. Huge respect. 

7 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

If Matt is so good why does he need amazing coaches, defense, offensive line and weapons? If he was so good he would elevate all those positions except defense.

What QB has won anything without these things?

7 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Why do people say Ryan’s contract is a problem?  Next year his contract will be peanuts comparatively.  You put him on a team with a decent Oline and a coach that  knows how to run a west coast and he will win a SB in two years.  We could easily get two 1st rd picks for him with his contract.  Only a falcons fan would think otherwise. 

Sad but true. Ryan is #1 reason why we won’t have a problem finding eager candidates to be our next Head Coach. 

22 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

If Matt is so good why does he need amazing coaches, defense, offensive line and weapons? If he was so good he would elevate all those positions except defense.

He was one man army yesterday. I felt sad for him yesterday on side lines. There was no fire and energy from any one else. If this continues, Ryan May start asking for a trade and you clowns will get your wish.

7 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Andy Dalton never put up stats near Matt Ryan or won an MVP. Has Dalton even won a playoff game before? Ryan is in between Philip Rivers and Drew Brees. 

You're out of your delusional mind. You should be banned to put Ryan in the same sentence as Brees. 

7 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Andy Dalton never put up stats near Matt Ryan or won an MVP. Has Dalton even won a playoff game before? Ryan is in between Philip Rivers and Drew Brees. 

... Also, you need to reconcile the fact that Matt Ryan is irrelevant. No one is talking about him anymore. In an age of new and exciting Qb's, why would Ryan even be in the conversation, unless of course he took another inexcusable sack or threw an I'll advised pass leading to a costly turnover... which he is good at. .. 

Edited by joeyg2033
FWEST1 and RiseUpcollegepark like this

24 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

... Also, you need to reconcile the fact that Matt Ryan is irrelevant. No one is talking about him anymore. In an age of new and exciting Qb's, why would Ryan even be in the conversation, unless of course he took another inexcusable sack or threw an I'll advised pass leading to a costly turnover... which he is good at. .. 

Obvious troll, ignoring all your future posts.

HASHBROWN3 and Schwarzwald like this

Matt did his job as usual today.  He was pretty good.  This wasn't on him.  He will continue to put up numbers.  Falcons will continue to not get the results they want.  This collection of players/coaches/management isn't going to work any longer.  So start changing out pieces or just play it out for the next couple of years with the same results and diminished fan interest.  Blank's team, he has to pick.

8 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Obvious troll, ignoring all your future posts.

Troll? I've been  Falcons fan longer than you've been alive. 28-3 did it for me... 

1 hour ago, NYCFalc said:

Who said he needs 'amazing' anything. I'd be happy with 'league average'

He's produced fine with average talent. Harry Douglas 1K WR.

Edited by Geneaut

7 hours ago, Jen said:

Every time there is a loss there are a dozen or so MR2 threads, and I suppose that comes with the territory of being the QB, but honestly I feel like we are pointing fingers at the wrong man.

Dan Quinn is turning out to be an awful coach. He's barely above .500 and the team lacks discipline and motivation. We gave him most of the credit in 2016, but I think that it's becoming quite apparent that the coach who got us there was Shanahan. Last year we thought the issue was Sark and Manuel. Those guys were replaced and now we aren't just bad, we are awful. These losses aren't on Matt, they belong solely to DQ and he needs to go. 

Agree.

Schwarzwald likes this

I love when people post Matt Ryan needs to be replaced. I immediately know to ignore their future posts. Your D gives up 50+ points and your reaction is to blame the QB? LOL thanks for wearing the idiot sign, it lets us all know who to mute.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Sad but true. Ryan is #1 reason why we won’t have a problem finding eager candidates to be our next Head Coach. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

He was one man army yesterday. I felt sad for him yesterday on side lines. There was no fire and energy from any one else. If this continues, Ryan May start asking for a trade and you clowns will get your wish.

It was amazing when the announcer actually noticed this very same thing.  

He stopped what they were talking about when he saw Matt pulling himself up off the turf for the umpteenth time & the cameraman caught the moment perfectly with a closeup of Matt’s face.

It was the perfect moment. His eyes were blazing with competitive fire.  It was clear he was pissed & hellbent on getting even!

It made an impression struck with the announcer immediately apparently because he said said Ryan was fired up.

Schwarzwald, Vandy and falcons007 like this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I dont wish him out, I like him and think he's good. My comment is more about the people here putting him way above what he actually is and using out of context stats to support it.

2 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

I dont wish him out, I like him and think he's good. My comment is more about the people here putting him way above what he actually is and using out of context stats to support it.

No one is putting way above what he is, if anything he has no support. Reminds me of Dan Marino.

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

No one is putting way above what he is, if anything he has no support. Reminds me of Dan Marino.

Post above, I just said Marino is a perfect comparison. And people on this board call Matt elite, that is putting him above what he actually is.