robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Losing seasons are hard to deal with for Mods. I appreciate what you guys do around here. 

thanks for your support.  I think we are all just plain frustrated.  

its been a saga decades long in the making...the rises and falls.  i think us here and fans of Atlanta sports in general have been on an emotional roller coaster.  

 

can you imagine the party in the streets if *when* the falcons win the big one..

D.B.N., Halcon-1 and falcons007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

thanks for your support.  I think we are all just plain frustrated.  

its been a saga decades long in the making...the rises and falls.  i think us here and fans of Atlanta sports in general have been on an emotional roller coaster.  

 

can you imagine the party in the streets if *when* the falcons win the big one..

This. It has been a roller coaster for sure, and when we win it all it will be pure celebration! 

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

thanks for your support.  I think we are all just plain frustrated.  

its been a saga decades long in the making...the rises and falls.  i think us here and fans of Atlanta sports in general have been on an emotional roller coaster.  

 

can you imagine the party in the streets if *when* the falcons win the big one..

It will be crazy. I think this city has waited enough on Falcons. We are ready. 

D.B.N. and VTCrunkler like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It will be crazy. I think this city has waited enough on Falcons. We are ready. 

 

6 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

This. It has been a roller coaster for sure, and when we win it all it will be pure celebration!

it will mean a whole lot more given all the stuff we have had to endure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, glycerine said:

In 3 of the 5 losses the Matt Ryan brought the team back to within a score in the 4th quarter, including the Texans game.

Wrong,but whatever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Look I get the Minnesota and Indy losses, I get the Texans loss, but the two gotta have wins that I just cant figure out are Arizona and Tennesee, we win those two and this whole message board changes. 3-3 is lot easier to handle than 1-5, how in the world did we lose to Tennessee? 

100 penalties and no defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

First, he’s a problem because of the early turnovers, then he’s a problem because he’s not winning the games himself, now he’s the problem because he’s cleaned up the turnovers but his stats are “skewed” or “padded.” All this talk about players not doing their job and y’all are wanting one of the only players doing their job shipped out? Common man

I remember when the problem was he couldn't throw for 300 yards... Funny how things turn out. 

Outmyfalconmind likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Narcaguga said:

Wrong,but whatever

 

No he’s not wrong 

against the colts: trailed 24-27 with 4:11 left to play. Falcons had 3 timeouts plus the 2 min warning. Defense failed to get a stop. Allowing 2 first downs in 9 plays for colts to seal the game

against the Texans: trailed 32-40 with 3:32 left a minute and 20 seconds later defense is giving up its 5th touchdown pass of the day 

against the cardinals: Matt Bryant misses game tying field goal after Ryan and offense erase a 17 point deficit with 1:52 left to play

Edited by shockerfalcon
Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, athell said:

It really didn't.  If it weren't for a Keanu Neal knee and in general having to play at the Linc, we may have returned to the SB.  Our defense, funny enough, was the only defense to stop the Eagles that year.

We had our shot..we'll never get that close again. Not with this front office, this qb, this team.. I know this is a hard truth to accept. but a lot of teams have drastically improved while we fall further and further back....even in our own division.  

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ryan is a part of the problem, he has had a chance to get us to 2 other superbowls but was stuck on the 2 yard line twice, victory was in his hands but he could not grabb the mantle.i see too many instances where balls flutter behind & on the wrong shoulder of receivers running free. 

D.B.N. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

We had our shot..we'll never get that close again. Not with this front office, this qb, this team.. I know this is a hard truth to accept. but a lot of teams have drastically improved while we fall further and further back....even in our own division.  

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong.  Was just pointing out we had another chance in 2017 so 2016 wasn't the end.  2018 injury riddled season really threw this train off the tracks.

vafalconfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of ya'll act like even if we didnt have a bad defense, we would just automatically win.. Not the case, teams are scheming against us for the easiest win.. Right now its the defense, even if we did tighten up our defense coaches would just bring more pressure on Ryan and the offense and its just a different cycle but the same result.. Almost certain all the Ryan apologists had never watched a game of football much less played in a game. 

D.B.N. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, glycerine said:

Lawd. It's a touchdown and 2 point conversion. Pedantic. 

Please don't post banal logic. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Roll Tide!!!

I hold my breath every time someone touches him man. He’s going to be banged up good by the time draft comes. A Bentley with damaged axels.

Yea, that's a great point. Just curious, what did you ever think of Jalen Hurts? I liked the kid but, imho, he isn't very accurate over 15 yards and can't make certain throws that he'll need to make at the next level.

Knight of God likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Yea, that's a great point. Just curious, what did you ever think of Jalen Hurts? I liked the kid but, imho, he isn't very accurate over 15 yards and can't make certain throws that he'll need to make at the next level.

He’s been killing it in Oklahoma under Lincoln Riley. I’d take him in the later rounds to build up for draft capital or as a backup.

Halcon-1, ChickenBiscuit and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Some of ya'll act like even if we didnt have a bad defense, we would just automatically win.. Not the case, teams are scheming against us for the easiest win.. Right now its the defense, even if we did tighten up our defense coaches would just bring more pressure on Ryan and the offense and its just a different cycle but the same result.. Almost certain all the Ryan apologists had never watched a game of football much less played in a game. 

This post has zero logic to it 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I can understand that, its just perspective 

I really don’t understand your perspective though. Your reasoning behind not liking Ryan doesn’t make sense 

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Some of ya'll act like even if we didnt have a bad defense, we would just automatically win.. Not the case, teams are scheming against us for the easiest win.. Right now its the defense, even if we did tighten up our defense coaches would just bring more pressure on Ryan and the offense and its just a different cycle but the same result.. Almost certain all the Ryan apologists had never watched a game of football much less played in a game. 

And You’re talking out of your *** with this bunch of crapola. 

falcons are top 10 NFL in offense, bottom 5 in defense. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist Slummy to figure out what needs to be fixed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I really don’t understand your perspective though. Your reasoning behind not liking Ryan doesn’t make sense 

I like Ryan, i have 5 of his jerseys including the elite jersey.. The situation Ryan has allowed TD and Quinn to put this team in is what i dont like. If Ryan is as smart of a professional and carries any weight what so ever on team decisions we would have built a strong defense and he "should" be able to be successful without half the offensive weapons he now has.. But its all kinda blown up at this point. Its just a very unbalanced team and its not going to be easy to fix in a couple of seasons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now