robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

I would be pissed to no end if the Falcons invested a 1st round pick on a freaking QB when the one we have probably still has 5 good years left in him. Defense is our #1 need. Patrick Mahomes couldn't help this team win right now. We made Kyler Murray look all world. He wasn't sacked once and Arizona had zero turnovers. MR2 can get the job done. We need a defense that can get stops. Every team in the league has figured out how to stop DQ's defense. Him calling plays is a disaster. Rather than going on talent, he has been drafting defensive players because they have the same body type as the greats he coached in Seattle.

Let's please stop talking about MR2 and look at the real issues we are facing. A scrambling QB isn't going to stop the defense from giving up 35 every week. 

Edited by Jen
Skin doc likes this

No way I would trade Ryan for anything less than a Herschel Walker type trade that helped the Cowboys become a dynasty.  And if you trade Ryan, you might as well trade JJ and pick up even more draft picks.  

We have not had an o-lime or DLime or defense since Dan Reeves was coach.  Blank hires corp ppl (McKay TD) and they are not football guys.  They can’t pick horses.  There are ppl who can look at a horse, watch it run and make an assessment if it can win or.not.   
TD has been horrible at OLine and DLime and that’s why we lose.   He is what is consistent with our lack of intensity, soft, no identity.  Add to that he’s more worried about his hair and loafers than he is our line and intensity.  

blanks decision is, fire TD or fire TD and DQ, but either way TD is gone.  

personally, DQ has more clout than TD.  

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

I do want Ryan gone while they can get value for him, but Tua is not the answer...

I've always been curious to see what other teams would be willing to give up for Ryan. Like sure we think Ryan's the best, but how good do other teams FO think he is?

Chaz likes this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You won't find a team or fanbase willing to take Ryan at this point.. If you dont believe me, go over to some other teams forums and poll fans that believe taking on Ryan and his contract is a good idea.. Ryan just isnt a qb any team would want, especially this late in his career 

You must be very tall, because it sounds like you hit your head on every doorway you pass through.

1 hour ago, kirbyr said:

You must be very tall, because it sounds like you hit your head on every doorway you pass through.

Does your wife know you have a crush on matt ryan? 

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Fix the secondary? We have NO pass rush! 

at this point, even if we did trade Ryan, I would get a hellafied pass rush in place before another QB. 

but also we don’t know who will be the GM So all of this is fantasy 

TD will be the GM unless he quits

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You won't find a team or fanbase willing to take Ryan at this point.. If you dont believe me, go over to some other teams forums and poll fans that believe taking on Ryan and his contract is a good idea.. Ryan just isnt a qb any team would want, especially this late in his career 

Yes cuz what fans thinks and what the FO thinks are exactly the same

Flyin' In DC likes this

I didn’t read this whole thread, but how would this happen?  The Dolphins are obviously tanking for Tua.  Why would they want Ryan?   Haha.  Don’t they have two picks in the top ten?  If the Falcons actually want Tua they would have to hope he pulled an Eli...

24 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Why not? I'm a Bama fan, too. The wife graduated from there in 2001. 

Roll Tide!!!

I hold my breath every time someone touches him man. He’s going to be banged up good by the time draft comes. A Bentley with damaged axels.

Halcon-1 likes this

13 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

I should have used the word "skewed"... Ryan's stats are skewed. All he does is pass since they cannot run the ball much and we are always playing from behind. That's where all these yards are coming from! 

The team being predictable and one dimensional and he still destroys defenses.

Weak take, bro.

7 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Riley or Eric Biemeny 

I'm cool with Bieniemy. I don't get the obsession with Riley. He's a good college coach, but runs a college style offense. He'll have you pissed off too.

5 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I've always been curious to see what other teams would be willing to give up for Ryan. Like sure we think Ryan's the best, but how good do other teams FO think he is?

They would like him on a cheaper contract. 

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Roll Tide!

Yeah man, I think he’s going to be beat up by the time he gets here. I’m not down. Not in the first. Probably Jalen in later rounds.

Thats my only thing that I worry about with him is his health. If he stays healthy i think he will be **** good. He kinda reminds me of Russell Wilson. But that's a big if on the health. And **** yeah Roll Tide!!! Lol

Chaz and Knight of God like this

58 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I'm cool with Bieniemy. I don't get the obsession with Riley. He's a good college coach, but runs a college style offense. He'll have you pissed off too.

Yeah, let’s bring in the hot-name coordinator that happens to have the best talent in the league.   Worked out so well last time 

Skin doc and Flyin' In DC like this

8 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Especially for the bankroll he's tagged with that was given as a reward for what? 28-3?

10 hours ago, LouDog said:

That happens to every team sometimes. Our pass rush is way more effective than last year. Their win percentage is up there. 

WTF is rush win percentage anyway? Hits on the QB is a much more telling stat as this is actual contact on the guy and leads more directly to sacks and bad passes than anything else.

I hate d@mn analytical stats that translate to absolutely diddly. 

The bottom line stats are 1-5, we can’t hold anyone to under 30 points and cannot get the QB on the ground. 

end of story.

Flyin' In DC and vitaman like this

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

WTF is rush win percentage anyway!? 

I hate d@mn analytical stats that translate to absolutely diddly. 

The bottom line stats are 1-5, we can’t hold anyone to under 30 points and cannot get the QB on the ground. 

end of story.

It means the percentage of time that our guys beat the guys blocking them. We get plenty of push and would have a lot of sacks with even a halfway decent secondary, but QBs get the ball out so fast against our secondary that it doesnt matter.

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

It means the percentage of time that our guys beat the guys blocking them. We get plenty of push and would have a lot of sacks with even a halfway decent secondary, but QBs get the ball out so fast against our secondary that it doesnt matter.

So that would include the plays when you initially beat the guy and either miss OR get redirected, got it!

A much much better stat is Hits on the QB As it leads directly to sacks and bad passes as it is a more cumulative affect on the Passer.

vitaman likes this