robertap

The Consolidated Matt Ryan Thread

1,105 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sui_Generis said:

Got to do it since I seen your avi....

"We are!!!......" 

The boys are balling. Looking forward to the white out vs Michigan. 

PENN STATE! 

It’s great to see some real talent on the team for once. Don’t love Franklins coaching, but talent wins in NCAA, so real glad to have him for his recruiting! Some real talent on that D I wouldn’t mind seeing in red and black some day!

the white out should be nuts. everyone should experience a whiteout game in Happy Valley.

Sui_Generis likes this

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

PENN STATE! 

It’s great to see some real talent on the team for once. Don’t love Franklins coaching, but talent wins in NCAA, so real glad to have him for his recruiting! Some real talent on that D I wouldn’t mind seeing in red and black some day!

the white out should be nuts. everyone should experience a whiteout game in Happy Valley.

Franklin is to Penn State what Mack Brown was to Texas and Kevin Summon at A&M. Ultimate recruiter but not much of an X and O guy. 

But you can win with that in the NCAA. His recruiting classes have been getting crazy. Especially his defensive line and running backs. 

1989Fan likes this

38 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

Franklin is to Penn State what Mack Brown was to Texas and Kevin Summon at A&M. Ultimate recruiter but not much of an X and O guy. 

But you can win with that in the NCAA. His recruiting classes have been getting crazy. Especially his defensive line and running backs. 

You’re spot on w Franklin. His value as a recruiter greatly outweighs some of the dumb **** I have seen him try as a coach. Just wish we could line the QB up under center once and a while.

hopefully he has now seen enough of Noah Cain to stop messing around with this 4 back rotation and feed him the ball. He runs with purpose...definitely gonna play on Sundays.

love the front 7 talent, still not in love with the DB group though.

Could the Falcons Trade Matt Ryan & Draft Tua in 2020?

by Connor Hooper2 days ago

The Falcons are currently tied for the 3rd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. Atlanta should trade their star QB for additional picks in the draft next year.

If the season ended today, the 1-5 Falcons would be drafting in the first thirty minutes of the draft. It’s also very evident that the Dan Quinn era may be coming to an end in the next two weeks. That being said, if the Falcons are already out of the playoffs, why not go ahead and make moves that will benefit the team in the long run? This isn’t as crazy as it may sound.

New Coach, New QB, New Era

Matt Ryan has went through so many offensive coordinators in his career, that he has arguably not been able to fully mature into the quarterback everyone imagined. If Dan Quinn is fired, Ryan will once again have to learn a new system. That would not be good news for Falcons fans.

With the Boston College alumni being under contract through 2021, Atlanta should look to trade the QB that led them for the past decade and start fresh with a new QB and new coach. All this being said, how could the Falcons trade Ryan and get the #1 overall draft pick?

For this scenario to work out, the Falcons would need to finish the season with a 2020 draft pick in the top 10. They would also have to trade Ryan to a team that would have a 2020 top 10 pick. The question would then become, would the Dolphins or Bengals trade the #1 overall pick for two top ten picks? If so, Tua Tagovailoa will be in an Atlanta Falcons jersey next year.

Arthur Blank Should Consider Trading Ryan for Draft Picks

The Falcons traded five draft picks to get Julio Jones in 2011. It’s safe to say that trade worked out well (Jones is arguably the top receiver in the league). Imagine the draft picks that a team would trade to have an established QB that has a MVP to his name and tons of playoff experience. Matt Ryan would easily bring a 1st, 3rd, & 4th round pick.

Potential teams to trade with: Dolphins, Bengals, Colts, Titans, Redskins, & Buccaneers

The Super Bowl Window is Quickly Closing for Atlanta

With Julio Jones aging, the Falcons offense doesn’t have much longer to get a Super Bowl. The defense is still young, but the past two seasons should have fans alarmed. The only option left is to go ahead and start a quick rebuild. The offense would still have Alex Mack, Julio, Freeman or Ito, and Calvin Ridley. The defense would have Deion Jones, Keanu Neal, Ricardo Allen, & Damontae Kazee to build around. Drafting Tua Tagovailoa isn’t an unrealistic idea. He very well could come into the NFL and be ready as quick as Patrick Mahomes.

The Falcons have tough decisions to make in the next two weeks. The team should realize the Matt Ryan era is over. He has reached his ceiling and they should trade him why they still can get value picks.

Could the Falcons shock the NFL and trade Ryan? It’s doubtful. But, if they did, 2020 will be Tua Time in ATL.

Three Alabama Crimson Tide stars leading the offense? Doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

https://atlallday.com/2019/10/14/atlanta-falcons-continue-downward-spiral-loss-arizona-cardinals/

I'd be down. Anyone outside of Grady, Deion Jones, and JJ could be traded for all I care. Ship Ryan for picks. Draft Tua and Chase Young and build defense with Ryans Salary. We would have more of a chance to win a SB with that scenario than our current scenario of Ryan having to go thru yet another coaching change. 

Just now, Jesus said:

Why would Ryan have to learn a new system? He's doing great in whatever system this is. Are they going to ask him to run the triple option?

Also I can count on no fingers all the QBs from Alabama not named Joe Namath who were good in the NFL.

Ryan is doing great? I mean sure, if you call padded stats "great" with the team doing terrible then sure. Regardless, we are losing and Dirk will be fired too. The whole house will be cleaned out. Ryan will need to learn a new system since Quinn and Co will all be fired. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Ryan is doing great? I mean sure, if you call padded stats "great" with the team doing terrible then sure. Regardless, we are losing and Dirk will be fired too. The whole house will be cleaned out. Ryan will need to learn a new system since Quinn and Co will all be fired. 

How are the stats padded? Each game has had him bring the team back within one score before the defense falls down and lets the game get away. He isn't a rookie. He wouldn't have to learn a new system. NFL offenses aren't that different. 

Just now, Jesus said:

How are the stats padded? Each game has had him bring the team back within one score before the defense falls down and lets the game get away. He isn't a rookie. He wouldn't have to learn a new system. NFL offenses aren't that different. 

We are playing from behind forcing him to pass. We have zero run game. Ryan's stats are padded. 

The Rock likes this

I'm a huge Ryan fan and think all the **** people give him is ridiculous. With that said, id do this deal. Tua is going to be great and we would have tons of cash to build up the team around him if we made this kind of deal

Chaz, D.B.N. and rugger8 like this

2 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

We are playing from behind forcing him to pass. We have zero run game. Ryan's stats are padded. 

Padded stats are when you get yards and stats when there's no chance of catching up.

They keep catching up.

It's actually much easier to have good stats with a run game.  The opposing defense doesn't get to tee off on you and stay in coverage.  With a run game, the safeties bite in and you get a lot more free running receivers.

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Why would Ryan have to learn a new system? He's doing great in whatever system this is. Are they going to ask him to run the triple option?

Also I can count on no fingers all the QBs from Alabama not named Joe Namath who were good in the NFL.

Oh you haven’t heard? Paul Johnson is coming out of retirement to be our HC next year. Matt better be ready to run cuz if he’s not then he’s gonna get the boot. 

Just now, takeitdown said:

Padded stats are when you get yards and stats when there's no chance of catching up.

They keep catching up.

It's actually much easier to have good stats with a run game.  The opposing defense doesn't get to tee off on you and stay in coverage.  With a run game, the safeties bite in and you get a lot more free running receivers.

I should have used the word "skewed"... Ryan's stats are skewed. All he does is pass since they cannot run the ball much and we are always playing from behind. That's where all these yards are coming from! 

The Rock likes this

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

I should have used the word "skewed"... Ryan's stats are skewed. All he does is pass since they cannot run the ball much and we are always playing from behind. That's where all these yards are coming from! 

Yards aside, he leads the league in TDs. He has all but one of our TDs right now. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

That could be.

On the flip side, if we had a run game, he'd have fewer INT's, higher YPA because he'd have easier reads.

I'm not excited w Ryan this year, but as with most years, he's the least problem.  Put any decent defense, OL and offensive system, and he'll put up top 5 numbers for you.

But with no run game, no pass blocking, no defense, and not scheming WR's open...he's not going to overcome that.  You don't really have a chance in that situation, but your only chance is a scrambling QB.

Just now, takeitdown said:

That could be.

On the flip side, if we had a run game, he'd have fewer INT's, higher YPA because he'd have easier reads.

I'm not excited w Ryan this year, but as with most years, he's the least problem.  Put any decent defense, OL and offensive system, and he'll put up top 5 numbers for you.

But with no run game, no pass blocking, no defense, and not scheming WR's open...he's not going to overcome that.  You don't really have a chance in that situation, but your only chance is a scrambling QB.

Which he is terrible at. We consistently have a terrible OL, and a lackluster run game.  Why keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Get a QB who can buy time and make plays outside of the pocket to offset your Terrible OL. 

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Yards aside, he leads the league in TDs. He has all but one of our TDs right now. 

And is tied for 3rd in INTs.

Does MR play D?True,he could have audibled in the SB,but changing OCs,a garbage O line,and knowing he has to throw muti-TDs,because the D can't stop anyone,why I think he's the best QB the franchise has ever had.

shockerfalcon likes this

Just now, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

Ugh. Guess we gonna have to put up with this bull**** all the way up til the draft....

Want some cheese with your whine? 

4 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Which he is terrible at. We consistently have a terrible OL, and a lackluster run game.  Why keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Get a QB who can buy time and make plays outside of the pocket to offset your Terrible OL. 

Having a mobile QB doesn't mean you can buy time.

Mobile QBs get sacked quite a bit. Watson and Wilson have had their share of getting sacked during their careers so far.

PokerSteve likes this