Osiruz

Khalil Mack trade worked well for raiders

93 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Diggable Birds said:

AT this point Id be willing to trade anybody not named Grady Julio or Deion...….. Hmmmm Ryan to the Dolphins for 2 firsts- Draft Tua and build the Defense via Ryan's salary.

YES too bad it wont happen 

I am kind of digging the poster that said let's go after Chase Young out of Ohio State, that seems the pick for Falcons. 

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

The Ryan Twins are pyrite. Aim higher.

Hed be perfect for us, we have a good offense for another 3 years but a defense that makes you hate life. Rex Ryan is the perfect fix for our horrendous choice in coaches. 

22 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Hed be perfect for us, we have a good offense for another 3 years but a defense that makes you hate life. Rex Ryan is the perfect fix for our horrendous choice in coaches. 

He wouldn't be perfect for anyone because he's a sub-par coach. He's better than Rob, but that just means he's not a total moron. They're name recognition people only.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

He wouldn't be perfect for anyone because he's a sub-par coach. He's better than Rob, but that just means he's not a total moron. They're name recognition people only.

Hes had an elite defense everywhere he went, maybe you are watching games upside down. 

2 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Hes had an elite defense everywhere he went, maybe you are watching games upside down. 

You must define elite differently than everyone else. His last five scoring defenses were 20, 19, 24, 15, and 16, which is, you know, SUB-PAR overall. 

29 minutes ago, jidady said:

You must define elite differently than everyone else. His last five scoring defenses were 20, 19, 24, 15, and 16, which is, you know, SUB-PAR overall. 

Yeah those were one dimensional teams of course they would be low against scoring when they are repeatedly on the field. They were also #5, #8, #11, #6, and #19 in yards given up. Dairy Queen only managed one top 10 defense in yards and he had a juggernaut offense. Give Rex this offense and he might win a chip. 

5 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

I think that would be optimal. Heck I would even trade Ryan for their 1st and 2rd. You take Tua and Chase young, and trade up the 2 2nds to take swift. We would have a Great offense right away, and building blocks on the DL with young, takk, and Jarret.

Id stop putting takk in that group of great young defenders to build around. I held out hope, but he has lost the mental game of the NFL.  Been *** since about week 6 of last year. 

Osiruz likes this

2 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Id stop putting takk in that group of great young defenders to build around. I held out hope, but he has lost the mental game of the NFL.  Been *** since about week 6 of last year. 

I am hoping a better coach and better coverage will help elevate his game, I am not ready to give up on the kid. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

This aint Madden my guy.

Never said it was but anythings possible. Jags just got 2 firsts and a 4th for a CB. Truth is we are stuck with Matt and his empty stats but If the Dolphins offered 2 firsts for Him we'd be foolish not to listen.

With his salary off the books we could build the defense like Seattle did with R Wilson on his rookie contract. There are maybe 8 guys I wouldn't trade off the current roster-time to take a good look in the mirror and blow this cluster fucc up

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

YES too bad it wont happen 

Of course it wont Matt Ryan is married to Aurthur Blanks Neice so theres that

9 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Never said it was but anythings possible. Jags just got 2 firsts and a 4th for a CB. Truth is we are stuck with Matt and his empty stats but If the Dolphins offered 2 firsts for Him we'd be foolish not to listen.

With his salary off the books we could build the defense like Seattle did with R Wilson on his rookie contract. There are maybe 8 guys I wouldn't trade off the current roster-time to take a good look in the mirror and blow this cluster fucc up

We could use that money to sign Clowney and Suh and have a DL of Clowney Suh Jarret and Takk. We can also sign some dbs like Chris harris, or Eli apple. 

59 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Yeah those were one dimensional teams

And that dimension certainly wasn't defense...

8 minutes ago, jidady said:

And that dimension certainly wasn't defense...

How many top 10 defenses have we had in yards and Tos this decade? obviously you don't understand or know football if you are questioning Rex's defensive acumen. 

2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

obviously you don't understand or know football if you are questioning Rex's defensive acumen. 

Hey, you were totally and completely wrong. It happens.

12 minutes ago, jidady said:

Hey, you were totally and completely wrong. It happens.

So you are going to sit there and ignore the fact his defenses carried Mark Sanchez to 2 AFCCG and he had 3 top 10 defenses in yards? He also had top 10 defenses in tos as well. Like I said I will take Rex over any other DC candidate. Buddy's defenses had a solid DVOA too. 

10 hours ago, falconfan5832 said:

Gruden a Super Bowl with the D Tony Dungy built.What did he do after that?

You misspelled Sam Wyche.

Sam Wyche drafted Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, and John Lynch, not Tony Dungy.

9 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And Gruden gave them that final push to get into the Super Bowl....

Where they faced a team that was running his exact offense that Gruden knew in and out..... You want to talk about the ultimate inside man....

Not only did Tampa's Defense have the Raiders offensive playbook.  They had the guy that wrote the playbook and coached everyone on the offense in how to run it.

My favorite anecdote of that whole saga was Gruden playing the role of Rich Gannon when running the scout team offense. Then during the Super Bowl, you can hear the Buccaneers players talking on the sideline, "It's just like practice! It's just like practice!" :lol:

9 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Absolutely lucked out. It’s not like Tampa wasn’t a contender before Gruden. 

In Dungy's last 3 seasons in Tampa, the offense averaged 8 ppg in the playoffs. EIGHT. 14, 6, 3, and 9 points scored in the four playoff games in 1999, 2000, and 2001 (without scoring a TD in those last 3 games).

Gruden comes in and averages 35.3 ppg in his first year, yet Dungy gets credit for it? LOOOOOOOL, sweeeerve.

In Dungy's entire tenure in Tampa, they scored 59 points in 6 playoff games. Gruden scored 58 in his first two playoff games there.

Also 27 of those 58 points came against the Eagles on the very field that it took Dungy two years to score 12 points against in the playoffs.

Edited by Iron Saint
Osiruz likes this

2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

So ... blah blah blah

Yes, you *should* move the goalposts after that.