Osiruz

Khalil Mack trade worked well for raiders

93 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, falconfan5832 said:

Gruden a Super Bowl with the D Tony Dungy built.What did he do after that?

Gruden was such a great coach back then that he beat his own team in the Super Bowl. Gruden set that offense up so effectively that Callahan never ever changed the play calls the following season, which is why that Super Bowl was such a mismatch.

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Hey, who you telling :lol:... this past decade is all mashed up for me. I still refer to 2011 as “a few years ago.”

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Welcome to the "You're Getting Old" party.

Glad to see that some of us are not alone lol

I can't tell you how many times I sit back and think to myself 'It's about to be 2020!'

I remember thinking when 2000 was going to be a big thing.

Still no flying cars but we're about to get driverless ones.

The ****** up thing.... the Falcons still don't have a defense.

And there are Pats fans that have only known Brady and BB.  Do they even understand what's going to happen when those guys leave?  Not just on the field but from every other fan in the NFL?

2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/22994/khalil-mack-or-20-new-players-maybe-gruden-knew-something-after-all

I was just reading this piece, we have a lot of tradable players. We could perhaps deal any of Jarret / Trufant/ Freeman / Hooper / Ryan and get picks?

I know it's a six-month old article you just posted, but the praise of the Antonio Brown acquisition is hysterical.

falcons007 and Vandy like this

7 minutes ago, jidady said:

I know it's a six-month old article you just posted, but the praise of the Antonio Brown acquisition is hysterical.

And right below that, they talk about being only better than Falcons and Dolphins in pass rush and passing defense. 
this didn’t age well. 

jidady, Malachore and Iron Saint like this

13 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Welcome to the "You're Getting Old" party.

Glad to see that some of us are not alone lol

I have to wear reading glasses now. I feel like Peter Falk in The Princess Bride.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

12 minutes ago, jidady said:

It's been almost 15 years, and I'm still blown away that they chose AJ Smith over Schotty. Smith was just an arrogant jerk.

Yep, Smith robbed the Chargers of so much talent.

I think the biggest friction between Schottenheimer and Smith was over the Brees issue. I think drafting Rivers was more of a Smith decision than a Schottenheimer one. Schottenheimer liked Rivers, but I think he wanted Brees to be the guy and didn't want to draft a QB.

Brees getting injured was pretty much the end of that saga.

Vandy, jidady, Iron Saint and 1 other like this

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think the biggest friction between Schottenheimer and Smith was over the Brees issue. I think drafting Rivers was more of a Smith decision than a Schottenheimer one. Schottenheimer liked Rivers, but I think he wanted Brees to be the guy and didn't want to draft a QB.

Brees getting injured pretty much the end of that saga.

Also, Schotty had play off failures reputation. It’s like why MS was fired despite injuries in 2013 and even if he made playoffs in injury plagued 2014.

Vandy and DawnOfThemBirds like this

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Brees getting injured was pretty much the end of that saga.

Yeah, after Smith got embarrassed by the Manning family, he responded poorly. Rivers became His Guy, and His Guy needed to start. In a way, Smith and Rivers were a perfect match since everybody hated both of them.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Also, Schotty had play off failures reputation. It’s like why MS was fired despite injuries in 2013 and even if he made playoffs in injury plagued 2014.

Marty fell victim to 2 if the biggest choke jobs in back 2 back postseason history in "the drive" and "the fumble" to the Broncos with both being in the AFCCG.

Marty's Browns lost 3 out of 4 years to Elway and the Broncos in AFCCGs. Which is hilarious because those 80's Broncos would go on and fail to win it all in those 3 SB appearances under Dan Reeves as HC. Only for Reeves to go on a decade later to lose the SB to his former QB and team as the HC of the Falcons and during Elway's retirement game lol.

falcons007 likes this

12 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yeah, after Smith got embarrassed by the Manning family, he responded poorly. Rivers became His Guy, and His Guy needed to start. In a way, Smith and Rivers were a perfect match since everybody hated both of them.

Yep, Archie knew that the Chargers were a badly ran team under Smith. He also didn't like the city for Eli as well.

Smart move by Archie because Eli wouldn't have won 2 SBs in San Diego and would've wasted his career like the Saints did most of Archie's career.

jidady likes this

The premise of this article/thread is very presumptuous. The Raiders are 3-2 with the 3 wins coming by a combined 18 points and the 2 losses by 38 points. They're not a good team. 

They used the Bears 2019 1st round pick on a running back, which pretty much everyone involved in football thinks is a stupid move. 

They saved themselves $23M per year by not paying Mack, but then spent the money it freed up on making Trent Brown the highest paid lineman in the NFL and assorted other questionable moves. 

There is a valid argument for moving on from Mack based on where the rest of the 2018 Raiders were, but it definitely remains to be seen whether the Raiders made good decisions after that. 

Malachore and jidady like this

32 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yeh the signing of AB was a bust because of the off the field stuff, nearly worked. But the draft picks and amount of players signed with that money is insane. 

2 hours ago, falconfan5832 said:

Gruden a Super Bowl with the D Tony Dungy built.What did he do after that?

The team gruden built was in that super bowl too. Why does everyone leave that part out when making this stupid argument. What happens if we go to a super bowl with a new coach? We gonna refer to it as the team Quinn built? 

21 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Marty fell victim to 2 if the biggest choke jobs in back 2 back postseason history in "the drive" and "the fumble" to the Broncos with both being in the AFCCG.

Marty's Browns lost 3 out of 4 years to Elway and the Broncos in AFCCGs. Which is hilarious because those 80's Broncos would go on and fail to win it all in those 3 SB appearances under Dan Reeves as HC. Only for Reeves to go on a decade later to lose the SB to his former QB and team as the HC of the Falcons and during Elway's retirement game lol.

He was a good coach. Much better than Nor. turner or what chargers hired after he was fired.

Vandy and DawnOfThemBirds like this

2 hours ago, Diggable Birds said:

AT this point Id be willing to trade anybody not named Grady Julio or Deion...….. Hmmmm Ryan to the Dolphins for 2 firsts- Draft Tua and build the Defense via Ryan's salary.

This aint Madden my guy.

3 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Gruden has always been a genius, I know he has his detractors here but I wish we had hired him. Maybe we can get his brother after Dairy Queen and his cream puffs are gone. A combination of Gruden and Rex Ryan would be amazing. 

Rex Ryan? Surely we can do better than that clown show. 

Malachore likes this

18 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Marty was AFC’s version of Mike Smith. A Good but not great coach whose deficiencies always were exposed in playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Rex Ryan? Surely we can do better than that clown show. 

We've said that for the last two HC and they winded up being ridiculously horrible on defense. How's the saying go? a bird in hand is worth 10 on a tree.

14 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

We've said that for the last two HC and they winded up being ridiculously horrible on defense. How's the saying go? a bird in hand is worth 10 on a tree.

Not that anyone should care, but I would have to quit being a fan of this team if they ever hired RR in any capacity. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I would have to quit being a fan of this team. 

That's ok as long as we get the shutdown defense we've all been clamoring for. It's been 2 decades since we last had a good defense. You'll be back when we start winning. 

1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

That's ok as long as we get the shutdown defense we've all been clamoring for. It's been 2 decades since we last had a good defense. You'll be back when we start winning. 

The Ryan Twins are pyrite. Aim higher.