Sidecar Falcon

Kenyan Drake on Trade Block

68 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, Knight of God said:

I would be all for it if that was the biggest issue

I know it isn’t the biggest issue but I’ve seen Drake play. When he’s used correctly and it’s good. Freeman should gone next season, I think he’s done. I’m not sold on any of our backups. With our defense, I’m not even really sure where to begin. It’s a fu@king dumpster fire. 

Knight of God likes this

On 10/17/2019 at 8:39 AM, Falcanuck said:

Taking what people say on teams' messages boards is a really bad example lol, just look at the Falcons. 

The whole world knew Minkah is a good player. 

Gotta chime in. Minkah wanted to be a Swiss Army knife until he wasn’t good at it. He then wanted to do one thing which was boundary and when the dolphins asked him to continue doing more, he wanted out. Decent to good player, but not otherworldly. 

dream scenario...

Falcons get:
Kenyan Drake
4th round pick
6th round pick

Dolphins get:
Vic Beasley
Devonta Freeman
5th round pick

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

dream scenario...

Falcons get:
Kenyan Drake
4th round pick
6th round pick

Dolphins get:
Vic Beasley
Devonta Freeman
5th round pick

Id do it but the Phins wouldnt

Edited by LouDog

51 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I know it isn’t the biggest issue but I’ve seen Drake play. When he’s used correctly and it’s good. Freeman should gone next season, I think he’s done. I’m not sold on any of our backups. With our defense, I’m not even really sure where to begin. It’s a fu@king dumpster fire. 

I watched him for years

Sidecar Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I watched him for years

Same. One of my best friends favorite teams is the Dolphins. Saw quite a few games with him. I think one major flaw he has is not hitting the hole quick enough. He tries to do too much. 

Knight of God likes this

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

Gotta chime in. Minkah wanted to be a Swiss Army knife until he wasn’t good at it. He then wanted to do one thing which was boundary and when the dolphins asked him to continue doing more, he wanted out. Decent to good player, but not otherworldly. 

Huh? You said he wanted to be Swiss army then said he wanted to be boundary? Which is it? He also barely played boundary, they lined him up at safety mostly. His potential has yet to be seen 

11 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Huh? You said he wanted to be Swiss army then said he wanted to be boundary? Which is it? He also barely played boundary, they lined him up at safety mostly. His potential has yet to be seen 

Lol. Minkah hasn’t been what you think but it’s your opinion. Most dolphin fans were split on losing him.  It is what it is. When he first became a dolphin he wanted to play multiple positions. When that didn’t work out he changed his stance. That’s not opinion, it’s true. 

On 10/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, Falcanuck said:

No, people said Minkah was fantastic but used improperly. Kenyan literally has a montage of him ducking under the football on passes towards him. He is not good. 

Post it.

12 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Lol. Minkah hasn’t been what you think but it’s your opinion. Most dolphin fans were split on losing him.  It is what it is. When he first became a dolphin he wanted to play multiple positions. When that didn’t work out he changed his stance. That’s not opinion, it’s true. 

No he didnt. He wanted slot and that was it.

10 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

No he didnt. He wanted slot and that was it.

Keep telling yourself whatever you like. As I was saying he did play boundary (Falcanuck) and he took pride in it.  Whatever happened after that he only wanted to do one thing.  The dolphins perhaps refused and he wanted out.  

He is also playing more boundary cornerback, ahead of Bobby McCain and opposite starter Xavien Howard, while at times operating in a safety role alongside Jones and T.J. McDonald. Those duties have been added to his plate after starting the season in a nickel defensive back role when the Dolphins deploy five defensive backs in the secondary.

“I take a lot of pride in it because it’s not something that a lot of people can do and it’s not easy to do,” Fitzpatrick said of playing multiple roles.

Either way, this is probably best for a Dolphins board. I like Minkah. He is still in a prove it stage and perhaps he will. 

Edited by deester11

14 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Keep telling yourself whatever you like. As I was saying he did play boundary (Falcanuck) and he took pride in it.  Whatever happened after that he only wanted to do one thing.  The dolphins perhaps refused and he wanted out.  

He is also playing more boundary cornerback, ahead of Bobby McCain and opposite starter Xavien Howard, while at times operating in a safety role alongside Jones and T.J. McDonald. Those duties have been added to his plate after starting the season in a nickel defensive back role when the Dolphins deploy five defensive backs in the secondary.

“I take a lot of pride in it because it’s not something that a lot of people can do and it’s not easy to do,” Fitzpatrick said of playing multiple roles.

Either way, this is probably best for a Dolphins board. I like Minkah. He is still in a prove it stage and perhaps he will. 

So is he supposed to say "I hate it and its not what I want"?

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

So is he supposed to say "I hate it and its not what I want"?

I can’t tell you. There is he said, she said in that whole story. I hope he proves himself because he is talented. I don’t think he’s all that....YET. 

Anyway, as far as Drake, he has been an East-West runner. He can hit the homerun on occasion but I always think he’s a complimentary back, not a workhorse. The falcons won’t trade anyway so....

19 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I can’t tell you. There is he said, she said in that whole story. I hope he proves himself because he is talented. I don’t think he’s all that....YET. 

When targeted as a steeler he has given up a QB rating of 53. 1 int and 0 td.

24 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

When targeted as a steeler he has given up a QB rating of 53. 1 int and 0 td.

Good for him. Small sample size. I wish him continued success.   This also occurred this year:

We have seen a lot of great film on Minkah Fitzpatrick dating back to college but yesterday wasn’t pretty

He was targeted 6 times, allowing 6 receptions for 117 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also committed 2 penalties and missed 2 tackles for the game#FinsUp

Edited by deester11

30 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Good for him. Small sample size. I wish him continued success.   This also occurred this year:

We have seen a lot of great film on Minkah Fitzpatrick dating back to college but yesterday wasn’t pretty

He was targeted 6 times, allowing 6 receptions for 117 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also committed 2 penalties and missed 2 tackles for the game#FinsUp

It's almost like he was playing out of position at SS instead of CB.

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

Ok except he never played primarily perimeter. Ever. He played safety and nickel.