Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

When is it going to stop?!?

31 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I've noticed Liberals are quick to scream "racist."  

Not all, but many do when they don't want to attack your facts.

The word is not racist but the context in which it was used certainly seems to be pointed in that direction. For example, Donald Trump is a lifelong citizen of New York City. Is he "urban"? And if you think I'm trying to be funny, then please explain exactly what you think he meant when he said it. It was a stupid commentary anyway because it makes me wonder who is permitted to endorse a candidate and why.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

The word is not racist but the context in which it was used certainly seems to be pointed in that direction. For example, Donald Trump is a lifelong citizen of New York City. Is he "urban"? And if you think I'm trying to be funny, then please explain exactly what you think he meant when he said it. It was a stupid commentary anyway because it makes me wonder who is permitted to endorse a candidate and why.

No it wasn’t. Liberals just made the context that way. And yes, Trump is Urban. He not from the country, so by definition he is Urban

Edited by wartownfalcon

1 hour ago, wartownfalcon said:

No it wasn’t. Liberals just made the context that way. And yes, Trump is Urban. He not from the country, so by definition he is Urban

What did he mean when he called them that? Answer or get off of your potty.

6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

What did he mean when he called them that? Answer or get off of your potty.

Actually you tell me what he meant by Urban.

All 3 women are of 3 different races, so it wasn’t a slur at a specific race.

“is it too far left, is it too uncompromising, too urban, is it too internet?” 

that implicates “too new age” “out of touch with someone “too rural”....but would that also be considered racist?

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

Actually you tell me what he meant by Urban.

All 3 women are of 3 different races, so it wasn’t a slur at a specific race.

“is it too far left, is it too uncompromising, too urban, is it too internet?” 

that implicates “too new age” “out of touch with someone “too rural”....but would that also be considered racist?

You defended him but you don't have a non-racist connotation for why he used that phrase? You're struggling badly to defend the phrase, which tells me that you realize that for all of your indignation, you know that it was a dog whistle, Rover.

19 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I was born in the country, but I'm considered urban because I'm black.

Ain't that a b*tch.

AF89 and JayOzOne like this

5 hours ago, Statick said:

I was born in the country, but I'm considered urban because I'm black.

Ain't that a b*tch.

He could have said "metropolitan" instead of "urban". Would have been a synonym for an honest use of the word. But it has an entirely different connotation. I'd bet John King would say Donald Trump is metropolitan. Same dude would suggest that Barack Obama is urban. But totally not racist.

Some people are dense and acting dumb in this thread. Stop with the tomfoolery, and stop acting stupid. People speak in code using standard words all of the time. The word "urban" has long been code speak to mean black African Americans in the inner cities. We all know this. Cut the bull jive. I hate it when people act dumb in order to push their childish agenda.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, wartownfalcon said:

“Urban” is now racist

is everything going to be portrayed as racist by all the uber woke people in America? How woke is too woke?

If you're going to ***** about the media and how you don't follow the main stream......I'd recommend not following that up by posting an article from The blaze. 

All that aside....there has been discussion after discussion after discussion about how Dems need to reach out to rural voters. How their messaging just doesn't land with rural voters. I absolutely believe that urban can and has been used as a "code word" but I understand it being used here. Because if the discussion has been about how to reach rural voters....... isn't the other side of that convo going to involve urban voters? If someone tells you to name the opposite word and someone says rural..... what's the first word that comes to your mind? (Not you op, just a general question) I mean....there is some context here.

Scrunchomarx likes this

1 hour ago, Jpowors said:

If you're going to ***** about the media and how you don't follow the main stream......I'd recommend not following that up by posting an article from The blaze. 

All that aside....there has been discussion after discussion after discussion about how Dems need to reach out to rural voters. How their messaging just doesn't land with rural voters. I absolutely believe that urban can and has been used as a "code word" but I understand it being used here. Because if the discussion has been about how to reach rural voters....... isn't the other side of that convo going to involve urban voters? If someone tells you to name the opposite word and someone says rural..... what's the first word that comes to your mind? (Not you op, just a general question) I mean....there is some context here.

The only problem with what you posted its the fact that he made the comment after three people, who happen to be urbanites, endorsed someone. Are we now to the point where only rural politicians should endorse Democrats? And if they do, will be laud the endorsement for being "rural" converse to the way he expressed concern over them being "urban"?

He could have easily stated that it might help Bernie with urban voters while not moving the needle with rural voters. He was either being borderline racist in his assessment or extremely lazy in his communication of it. Neither is a good look.

Just now, Scrunchomarx said:

For the record I’m urban 

But moved out to the burbs. PAC said he wasn’t mad at me though

13 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

The only problem with what you posted its the fact that he made the comment after three people, who happen to be urbanites, endorsed someone. Are we now to the point where only rural politicians should endorse Democrats? And if they do, will be laud the endorsement for being "rural" converse to the way he expressed concern over them being "urban"?

He could have easily stated that it might help Bernie with urban voters while not moving the needle with rural voters. He was either being borderline racist in his assessment or extremely lazy in his communication of it. Neither is a good look.

But one of the major discussions has been whether the Dems should go the centrist route and attempt to appeal to the rural voters or go further to the left and go with messaging that may not be popular in rural areas but it'll fire up the base in their strong holds.....the cities. And some of the leaders of the charge to go further left have been the freshman congresswomen who happened to endorse Bernie.

Now I don't actually agree with the going further left is going to push away rural voters argument myself because I think someone like Bernie could pick up a lot of those voters.......but folks with influence and the ones who have a platform to speak from have been stuck on that storyline for the last couple of years. Rural voters this, rural voters that, rural voters, rural voters, rural voters.......

The discussion over the last few years puts some context on him saying "too urban" here is all I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, Jpowors said:

But one of the major discussions has been whether the Dems should go the centrist route and attempt to appeal to the rural voters or go further to the left and go with messaging that may not be popular in rural areas but it'll fire up the base in their strong holds.....the cities. And some of the leaders of the charge to go further left have been the freshman congresswomen who happened to endorse Bernie.

Now I don't actually agree with the going further left is going to push away rural voters argument myself because I think someone like Bernie could pick up a lot of those voters.......but folks with influence and the ones who have a platform to speak from have been stuck on that storyline for the last couple of years. Rural voters this, rural voters that, rural voters, rural voters, rural voters.......

The discussion over the last few years puts some context on him saying "too urban" here is all I'm saying. 

I understand fully. And I don't disagree with you. Just with the fact that if that's what John King is saying, then progressives from large cities should only endorse candidates who already appeal to rural voters. That's a little silly. Their endorsement is going to appeal to people who like them (the endorsers) and should have nothing to do with rural politics. Since most Democratic voters live in cities, it makes tons of sense for "urban" politicians to endorse their preferred candidate ahead of a primary. It's on Bernie to find "rural" pols to endorse him and to find non-urban voters to prefer him.

I submit: If someone decides that AOC's endorsement of Bernie is going to make them vote for someone else, then that person wasn't likely to vote for him anyway. There are plenty of candidates, tons of people who haven't endorsed anyone, and a lot of time before we push levers. John King's remark was an expression of his view of the three women and nonsensical in any context.