Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

My Plan for DQ and the Falcons

18 posts in this topic

1. No matter what happens the rest of the year, we keep DQ and TD for 2020. 

2. Keep current roster for 2020, minus a couple cap casualties.

3. Go all out pass rush and a couple OL in the draft.  

4. Do whatever possible to get Chase Young.  Trade up if needed(AS LONG AS WE DONT GIVE UP A 1ST ROUND PICK). Pass rushing DE class is non-existent of 1st round talent after Young.

5. Keep Koetter, and give the offense the rest of this season to get familiar with offense for 2020. 2nd year of an offense is usually always an improvement.  

6. Add defensive coordinator.  

Simple plan.  

If it does workout:

We are back on track, and have a few season left of Matt Ryan, Julio, and a young defense with a new pass rush that was acquired in the 2020 draft. 

If it doesn't workout:

Clean house. Fire TD. Fire Quinn. Trade Matt Ryan(He will turn 37 after next year). Trade Julio(He will be turning 32 or 33 the year after next. Clear all that money from them, while also being able to cut Truant without much dead money, and same case for Freeman. Then we go into the 2021 draft with a high pick, and we are in the spot to trade up for, or flat out pick Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. We will have that young QB to add to a roster that includes the pass rushers we got in the 2020 draft, Ridley, Jarrett, DeBo, Keanu, and other young players will all be nearing, or in, their prime.  

Quinn has only had one awful season(this season), and has had already 7 wins in every other season, including 2 playoff appearances, and a SB appearance. I think this team changes drastically with a pass rush.

Give this whole regime one more year. If it doesn't workout, we can cut players like Freeman and Truant much easier in 2021. We can also trade an aging Ryan and Julio to a contender looking to get over the hump.  Ryan can go to a situation like Manning in Denver, and Julio can go to a situation like New England or Pittsburgh. We get picks for them, and we rebuild in the 2021 off-season, while having slot of our larger contracts being defenders entering their primes(Jarrett, DeBo, Keanu, etc.)

I think this plan works out from a multiple of areas.  

- Financially - isn't smart to cut Freeman and truant until 2021.

- Star Players primes - having a new regime with an aging Julio and Ryan would be just pushing things back. If we are getting a new HC and GM, we mine was well start from scratch, or else we will have to go through another mini-rebuild when those two retire. 

- Draft - let pass rush be the focus this year, and then if we rebuild the following year, we have the 2021 draft class that includes AT LEAST 2 STUD QB prospects(Lawrence and Fields, and possibly others that will emerge). 

IMO, we should pretty much tie Matt Ryan, Julio, TD, and DQ's remaining time with the falcons as a package. If one goes, they all should go. No half rebuilds, or retoolings. We stick with the current era 1 more year, because this is the only year under Quinn that we have been REALLY bad, without using injuries as a legitimate excuse.  We give it one more year, and if it doesn't workout, we clean house of DQ, TD, Ryan, and Julio.  

I truly believe this is the smartest way to go from a financial stand point, from a business standoint, and from a winning standpoint.  

If we get rid of DQ and TD this off-season, we will be starting a new regime with an Matt Ryan who is a year older, Julio who is a year older, and we will have to replace the 2 faces of the franchise during that next regime.  I think if we move on from DQ and TD, we should do it at the same time as Julio and Ryan, that way we can start from scratch, while also having our young defenders, Ridley, and our pass rushers we get in the 2020 draft.

I don't want half rebuilds every couple years, or a new regime with our 2 best players being 36 and 32. I think this is the best plan of action possible for this team.  We very well could be back in the playoffs next year with a healthy squad, a new pass rush, and the 2nd year in this offense. The players will be on board, because I don't think the players have stopped believing in the brotherhood. Thus is Quinn's 1st legitimately BAD year. Give him 1 more year, after a draft that is solely about getting a pass rush. It makes the most sense. It might not seem like it to some right now, but this plan of action would be the best for the franchise as a whole.  

I want to keep everyone BUT DQ. I loved him coming in, but pass rush alone won’t fix this. There is no way in heel this D should be this bad no matter what. We’re a disaster and that’s not lack of talent. That’s DQ

TD should def stay along with the rest of the staff if we can though new HC probably wants his own guys. We need to bring in a hard nosed HC to turn this thing around. And a legit DC who can work with our existing personnel 

Pacific_Falcon and GATXBOI like this

59 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

4. Do whatever possible to get Chase Young.  Trade up if needed(AS LONG AS WE DONT GIVE UP A 1ST ROUND PICK). Pass rushing DE class is non-existent of 1st round talent after Young.

5. Keep Koetter, and give the offense the rest of this season to get familiar with offense for 2020. 2nd year of an offense is usually always an improvement.  

Simple plan.  

If it does workout:

We are back on track, and have a few season left of Matt Ryan, Julio, and a young defense with a new pass rush that was acquired in the 2020 draft. 

If it doesn't workout:

Clean house. Fire TD. Fire Quinn. Trade Matt Ryan(He will turn 37 after next year). Trade Julio(He will be turning 32 or 33 the year after next. Clear all that money from them, while also being able to cut Truant without much dead money, and same case for Freeman. Then we go into the 2021 draft with a high pick, and we are in the spot to trade up for, or flat out pick Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. We will have that young QB to add to a roster that includes the pass rushers we got in the 2020 draft, Ridley, Jarrett, DeBo, Keanu, and other young players will all be nearing, or in, their prime.  

Quinn has only had one awful season(this season), and has had already 7 wins in every other season, including 2 playoff appearances, and a SB appearance. I think this team changes drastically with a pass rush.

Give this whole regime one more year. If it doesn't workout, we can cut players like Freeman and Truant much easier in 2021. We can also trade an aging Ryan and Julio to a contender looking to get over the hump.  Ryan can go to a situation like Manning in Denver, and Julio can go to a situation like New England or Pittsburgh. We get picks for them, and we rebuild in the 2021 off-season, while having slot of our larger contracts being defenders entering their primes(Jarrett, DeBo, Keanu, etc.)

- Star Players primes - having a new regime with an aging Julio and Ryan would be just pushing things back. If we are getting a new HC and GM, we mine was well start from scratch, or else we will have to go through another mini-rebuild when those two retire. 

- Draft - let pass rush be the focus this year, and then if we rebuild the following year, we have the 2021 draft class that includes AT LEAST 2 STUD QB prospects(Lawrence and Fields, and possibly others that will emerge). 

IMO, we should pretty much tie Matt Ryan, Julio, TD, and DQ's remaining time with the falcons as a package. If one goes, they all should go. No half rebuilds, or retoolings. We stick with the current era 1 more year, because this is the only year under Quinn that we have been REALLY bad, without using injuries as a legitimate excuse.  We give it one more year, and if it doesn't workout, we clean house of DQ, TD, Ryan, and Julio.  

I truly believe this is the smartest way to go from a financial stand point, from a business standoint, and from a winning standpoint.  

If we get rid of DQ and TD this off-season, we will be starting a new regime with an Matt Ryan who is a year older, Julio who is a year older, and we will have to replace the 2 faces of the franchise during that next regime.  I think if we move on from DQ and TD, we should do it at the same time as Julio and Ryan, that way we can start from scratch, while also having our young defenders, Ridley, and our pass rushers we get in the 2020 draft.

I don't want half rebuilds every couple years, or a new regime with our 2 best players being 36 and 32. I think this is the best plan of action possible for this team.  We very well could be back in the playoffs next year with a healthy squad, a new pass rush, and the 2nd year in this offense. The players will be on board, because I don't think the players have stopped believing in the brotherhood. Thus is Quinn's 1st legitimately BAD year. Give him 1 more year, after a draft that is solely about getting a pass rush. It makes the most sense. It might not seem like it to some right now, but this plan of action would be the best for the franchise as a whole.  

I can live with it except for cleaning house. Matt Ryan and Julio are Falcons 4 life as they should be. I like stability. Looking back in hindsight we probably should have kept Sark, Armstrong and Manuel. Especially Manuel.  

Skeetbird and vitaman like this

Since AB is not going to make an in-season move barring total collapse. It would be interesting to see IF DQ and TD would be flexible enough to change their mindset and MO to show a some improvement who knows it might work. We are not going to the SB now anyway.  Be open tollĺ like giving Grace, Neasman, Larkin, Ellison, Cominsky, Graham more playing time. Bring back TBJ and give Hageman a chance. Bring in McDonald or Illokia who have veteran experience at Safety and give them a shot. Maybe make a trade not for trade sake but one that will help. BUT DQ and TD won't even try instead DQ will continue making fancy sounding bites like we are almost there and we have no room for error. This FO is very stubborn and has blinders on.

Malachore likes this

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:

It’s time to move on 

Yep. Stopped reading OP at: 1. Keep Quinn and TD....

Irrevocably done with this regime and a lot of the players, starting with Beasley. The only way Arthur Blank could possibly justify keeping Quinn as HC next season is if he runs the table and wins a play-off game. Fans are not going to buy into more Quinn in 2020 finishing 6-10 or 7-9 or even 8-8, not that getting back to .500 is even conceivable anyway.

9 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I don't think we should get rid of a player that can time travel. Matt just turned 34 in May. Turning 37 after next year would be a beast move.

Lol my bad. I was talking about 2021, and thought he was born in 1984. 1 year off. Simple mistake. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

12 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I want to keep everyone BUT DQ. I loved him coming in, but pass rush alone won’t fix this. There is no way in heel this D should be this bad no matter what. We’re a disaster and that’s not lack of talent. That’s DQ

TD should def stay along with the rest of the staff if we can though new HC probably wants his own guys. We need to bring in a hard nosed HC to turn this thing around. And a legit DC who can work with our existing personnel 

Terrible plan of action. Just plain terrible. 

I sent a certified letter to Flowery Branch offering to buy the team but Mr. Blank rejected it.  

I guess a hundred grand just doesn't buy what it used to.  

3 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Lol my bad. I was talking about 2021, and thought he was born in 1984. 1 year off. Simple mistake. 

Lol, actually 1985

On 10/17/2019 at 4:14 AM, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Simple plan.  

If it does workout:

If it doesn't workout:

Here's a plan! Tell them all to take 2 weeks off, then quit