Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Looking to the Future: What Prospects Are You Sold On?

47 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

It’s a team game, but Delpit is a guy who could transform an entire defense. 

I love Delpit if we do not have a shot at Young. Then I am 100% in on him. That kid is smooth in coverage and a beast on the finish. Let him roam and eat. 

Plus he has the frame to,add a few lbs and not lose any athleticism. 

Vandy and vel like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Edge has to be the spot addressed first.

If we do manage to get a top 5 pick I’m going with the above sentence.

Pass rush has been a mission for so long I think we have to try our best to resolve this in the draft.

Get in trade and FA for proven DE. Falcons have wasted enough first round picks on the Edge. Get a veteran who can be leader of that unit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, virginiafalcon said:

Would be awesome to draft Young or Brown and then pair them with one of the free agents below. Would completely transform the defensive line.

Chris Jones

Jadeveon Clowney

Leonard Williams

Yannick Ngakoue

 

 

I am at point of not wasting picks on pass rushers in draft. Make a bold move and get creative to get who you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

I love Delpit if we do not have a shot at Young. Then I am 100% in on him. That kid is smooth in coverage and a beast on the finish. Let him roam and eat. 

Plus he has the frame to,add a few lbs and not lose any athleticism. 

Doubt we have a shot at Young. Ryan/Julio et al will find a way to win 5-6 games IMO. Which may save Quinn’s job.

FS is integral to the kind of defense Quinn runs, and even if he’s fired defense has many player elements (obvious examples being Debo/Wagner, Neal/Cam)....but what it’s been missing more than even pass rushers is it’s Earl Thomas. 
 

anyway....This is the guy @MSalmon and @Knight of God have been looking For us to draft for years to replace Rico. Like you said, He would make our CBs such as Oliver look so much better due to that ability to roam. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

i think the new GM and HC should sign a Fa DE or pull of trade. This defense needs alpha dog leaders on that line. Grady is great player but he is not the leader. This team needs some one to bring them together and play as team.

It’s what Seattle did when they went and got Bennett and Avril

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Doubt we have a shot at Young. Ryan/Julio et al will find a way to win 5-6 games IMO. Which may save Quinn’s job.

FS is integral to the kind of defense Quinn runs, and even if he’s fired defense has many player elements (obvious examples being Debo/Wagner, Neal/Cam)....but what it’s been missing more than even pass rushers is it’s Earl Thomas. 
 

anyway....This is the guy @MSalmon and @Knight of God have been looking For us to draft for years to replace Rico. Like you said, He would make our CBs such as Oliver look so much better due to that ability to roam. 
 

 

^ This. I got slammed last year for wanting us to draft Deionte Thompson if he was available. Was told in previous years that we didn’t need Eddie Jackson. Rico is better off as a nickel back, and not as a true single high FS.  

Vandy and MSalmon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I am at point of not wasting picks on pass rushers in draft. Make a bold move and get creative to get who you want. 

Got to agree on this one. But I’m also not in the mindset of paying an exorbitant amount for a single player that isn’t a Khalil MACK type.

The ultimate solution is to hire a DC mastermind. Who’s only specialty is as a DC, like a Rex Ryan type. He was absolutely terrible as a HC but he could get creative as **** with his defense. 

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Got to agree on this one. But I’m also not in the mindset of paying an exorbitant amount for a single player that isn’t a Khalil MACK type.

The ultimate solution is to hire a DC mastermind. Who’s only specialty is as a DC, like a Rex Ryan type. He was absolutely terrible as a HC but he could get creative as **** with his defense. 

Even defensive master mind can’t do with out good football players. We need to be aggressive and stack up players. Not draft picks who are projects. Get away from drafting athletes and fill this team with football players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

I feel like Brown would help the team most.  He looks really powerful in game.  Teams are killing us right up the middle so I think having a special big man would really improve what we're doing.  Plus, with two stud DTs I think even average DEs could get home.  Wouldn't be mad about rolling the dice with Young either tho.

I approve this message.  It's exactly how I feel.  2 elite DT's would be a gamechanger for this defense.  I have always been a big fan of DT's that can penetrate and disrupt. It allows the LB's to make plays, and disrupts the timing of the offenses we face.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Doubt we have a shot at Young. Ryan/Julio et al will find a way to win 5-6 games IMO. Which may save Quinn’s job.

FS is integral to the kind of defense Quinn runs, and even if he’s fired defense has many player elements (obvious examples being Debo/Wagner, Neal/Cam)....but what it’s been missing more than even pass rushers is it’s Earl Thomas. 
 

anyway....This is the guy @MSalmon and @Knight of God have been looking For us to draft for years to replace Rico. Like you said, He would make our CBs such as Oliver look so much better due to that ability to roam. 
 

 

It’ll all depend on if DQ is still here.

All I know it’s edge or secondary one of those 2 areas.

The Mack decision is also a big one to free up cap.

Trade right now is also something I’d be looking at aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sui_Generis said:

Yes sir. I feel you. That whole Seattle Defense doesnt exist without Thomas roaming the middle. 

In that same regard but to a lesser extent , as many bad *** players as the Ravens defense had it doesnt stay dominant without Reed. But I am biased. Reed was one of my favorite safeties all time. Instincts were off the charts. 

Same could be said about Polamalu as well. 

Have you ever noticed that’s the one position they look for in the offseason? Earl is there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

i think the new GM and HC should sign a Fa DE or pull of trade. This defense needs alpha dog leaders on that line. Grady is great player but he is not the leader. This team needs some one to bring them together and play as team.

Ansah and Clowney will be UFA. So will Suh, McCoy, Robert Quinn, Chris Jones, and Arik Armstead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Swift, this is who we need at this point. Export Failman's butt somewhere else and trade that pick and our second to get swift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Get in trade and FA for proven DE. Falcons have wasted enough first round picks on the Edge. Get a veteran who can be leader of that unit. 

Imagine if we could trade for prime John Abraham all over again.

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Even defensive master mind can’t do with out good football players. We need to be aggressive and stack up players. Not draft picks who are projects. Get away from drafting athletes and fill this team with football players.

A defensive mastermind can hide the deficiencies of a defense though. The Pats have done it for years. Fangio did it with the Bears. So it’s not impossible or out of the realm of possibility. 

Every draft pick is a project though. Some more than others, it’s all a crap shoot. You build through the draft, patch through FA.

As of right now I think there needs to be a clean sweep through the entire organization. 

CMarinoNFL likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

A defensive mastermind can hide the deficiencies of a defense though. The Pats have done it for years. Fangio did it with the Bears. So it’s not impossible or out of the realm of possibility. 

Every draft pick is a project though. Some more than others, it’s all a crap shoot. You build through the draft, patch through FA.

As of right now I think there needs to be a clean sweep through the entire organization. 

Not with this trash. Mike Nolan couldn’t do it in 2013 and 2014. BB and pats won’t be going to season like this. BB gets players who fit his system and play to their strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Imagine if we could trade for prime John Abraham all over again.

Yeah. I don’t think TD and DQ can do well in draft. After multiple first round picks in DQ era, we still don’t have legit pass rusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vandy said:

Doubt we have a shot at Young. Ryan/Julio et al will find a way to win 5-6 games IMO. Which may save Quinn’s job.

FS is integral to the kind of defense Quinn runs, and even if he’s fired defense has many player elements (obvious examples being Debo/Wagner, Neal/Cam)....but what it’s been missing more than even pass rushers is it’s Earl Thomas. 
 

anyway....This is the guy @MSalmon and @Knight of God have been looking For us to draft for years to replace Rico. Like you said, He would make our CBs such as Oliver look so much better due to that ability to roam. 
 

 

Yup. He’s a stud. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Not with this trash. Mike Nolan couldn’t do it in 2013 and 2014. BB and pats won’t be going to season like this. BB gets players who fit his system and play to their strengths.

Mike Nolan didn’t adjust to the game. He was left behind. When you fail to adapt you will lose. No one is saying that we don’t need better players. However I’ll take a better DC over anything defensive related right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, Vandy said:

Doubt we have a shot at Young. Ryan/Julio et al will find a way to win 5-6 games IMO. Which may save Quinn’s job.

FS is integral to the kind of defense Quinn runs, and even if he’s fired defense has many player elements (obvious examples being Debo/Wagner, Neal/Cam)....but what it’s been missing more than even pass rushers is it’s Earl Thomas. 
 

anyway....This is the guy @MSalmon and @Knight of God have been looking For us to draft for years to replace Rico. Like you said, He would make our CBs such as Oliver look so much better due to that ability to roam. 
 

 

Are we forgetting about Kazee? He's 26 and was really good at FS last year..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0