Ergo Proxy

Ryan compared to NFC Offensive PotW

85 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Phalcon_Phil said:

We had plenty of opportunities on offense. We were down 3 possessions at one time. That doesn't happen without futility on offense. Arizona's defense is trash too.

but we have to be perfect every drive to score while the cards had dudes wide open every play then you see what happened when people werent wide open every play their offense started to suck 

Geneaut likes this

11 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

EGzJaITXYAAYKuW?format=png&name=900x900

6 incompletions. Almost as many TDs as incomplete passes lol

Both qbs has great games and it usually comes down to who wins. Kyler Murray called game as well on his scramble 

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

As I have said,, IF we had taken DT Christian Wilkins and DE Ferrell  from Clemson with those first two picks ,, and gotten proven  Vet OL in Facy,,,  WE would have had an Awesome year this year.. TD usually is dead on,, His decisions this year in what to do in the DRaft and FAcy ,, was his worst year in decisions making EVER. 

Wisdom teaches a hard lesson ,, It gives the test first, and teaches the lesson latter.

no i still believe getting two rookie lineman was the best move we have to get younger there and develop them now we only need a LG and maybe a C depending on what Mack wants to do the line is almost complete now we can focus on the defense heavy this year with one draft spot being a LG is really good especially if we trade down

38 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well Sunday was the first time this year the holder has been Matt Schaub.

That's why I said it should be something to watch for going forward with Bosher being gone. 

31 minutes ago, caponine said:

I'm trying to say both Kyler Murray and Ryan had good games but one team won and the other didnt 

Then say that instead of "what were Ryans stats??" :lol::lol:

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Both qbs has great games and it usually comes down to who wins. Kyler Murray called game as well on his scramble 

58 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's why I said it should be something to watch for going forward with Bosher being gone. 

Then say that instead of "what were Ryans stats??" :lol::lol:

There are plenty of QB who won that award on losing team. It’s an individual award not team result. I know  Brees and Rodgers won that when their teams lost. Some of you guys just make ish up.

Vandy likes this

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

There are plenty of QB who won that award on losing team. It’s an individual award not team result. I know  Brees and Rodgers won that when their teams lost. Some of you guys just make ish up.

Why was I linked to this again?? I didn't even say anything about the award period. Don't make ish up

14 hours ago, Phalcon_Phil said:

We had plenty of opportunities on offense. We were down 3 possessions at one time. That doesn't happen without futility on offense. Arizona's defense is trash too.

They scored on their first 5 possessions.  Literally.  Not one single stop.  That included a 93 yard TD drive, a 79 yard TD drive, and a 71 yard TD drive.  

What percentage of drives do you think good offenses score on?  The #1 scoring team in the NFL scores 2.97 points per drive.  Not their futility games, that's a normal game for the highest scoring offense in the league.  By the time Arizona had 27 points, our offense had 4 possessions.  The #1 scoring offense in the league would statistically have 11.88 points.  They would be down by 3 possessions at that same point in the game after having only 4 possessions.

We scored on 6 out of our 9 possessions in that game.  We scored on 50% of our drives in the first half, 2 out of our first 4 drives.  Our offense had very few opportunities and they were all against a very well-rested defense.  It shows a complete lack of understanding to think that is "futility on offense".  The defense needs to get the offense opportunities to score.  

falcon22, Geneaut and freefall like this

52 minutes ago, pzummo said:

They scored on their first 5 possessions.  Literally.  Not one single stop.  That included a 93 yard TD drive, a 79 yard TD drive, and a 71 yard TD drive.  

What percentage of drives do you think good offenses score on?  The #1 scoring team in the NFL scores 2.97 points per drive.  Not their futility games, that's a normal game for the highest scoring offense in the league.  By the time Arizona had 27 points, our offense had 4 possessions.  The #1 scoring offense in the league would statistically have 11.88 points.  They would be down by 3 possessions at that same point in the game after having only 4 possessions.

We scored on 6 out of our 9 possessions in that game.  We scored on 50% of our drives in the first half, 2 out of our first 4 drives.  Our offense had very few opportunities and they were all against a very well-rested defense.  It shows a complete lack of understanding to think that is "futility on offense".  The defense needs to get the offense opportunities to score.  

That is so staggering and also glad you brought it up. Many that point to the offense do not really watch other teams and QBs make bad throws, throw INTs, etc. Most just watch Ryan play and see highlights of the other teams QBs. Not saying our offense and Ryan is perfect but in the list of problems, he is way down as of this point. The offense has a lot of pressure to perform (even with its weaknesses) because of knowing how awful our defense is at this point. Both side of the ball feed of each other. As of right now, Matt Ryan is rank # 8 is the list of QB Power Rankings...for what is worth: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066300/article/qb-index-week-7-russell-wilson-alone-at-no-1-tom-brady-falls?campaign=tw-nf-sf221679256-sf221679256&sf221679256=1