Nino11

Never been a Tanker, but this woulda kinda Suck

60 posts in this topic

Here's the thing about TATF and tanking. First, I dont like the idea of tanking. My opinion.

But the way I see it most of you TANKERS, want to get a better draft choice, but dont have faith in the front office to draft the correct people. Just saying. Be careful what you wish for. 

Nino11 and HouseofEuphoria like this

47 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

This guy gets it. But don’t worry, they will win you over wen they win the NC this year 

They're not gonna win the NC this year.

Nino11 likes this

Well this years team is so bad we won't have to worry about tanking. They will be 2-14 or 3-13 on their own.

But if last year taught us anything when you can't get in the playoffs or even have a winning record 3 wins at the end of the season to go from a top 5 draft to a mid level draft does not help the team.

Getting better draft position in every round is better than a few meaningless wins after you have already been eliminated from everything.

Phalcon_Phil likes this

1 hour ago, Skeetbird said:

Here's the thing about TATF and tanking. First, I dont like the idea of tanking. My opinion.

But the way I see it most of you TANKERS, want to get a better draft choice, but dont have faith in the front office to draft the correct people. Just saying. Be careful what you wish for. 

We also expect a new FO next draft period, TD can't build an OL or DL to save his life and after 11 years of that he also needs the boot.

Phalcon_Phil likes this

1 hour ago, Skeetbird said:

I'm hoping the tank kills 2 birds with one stone and sends TD on a one way bike ride home.

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Now I now it’s not the “great SEC”, but the big 10 now has 5 top 25 teams as well, including 3 in the top 10. Not to mention those top 10 teams have top 10 defenses in that nation as well. Time to move on from  The notion that only SEC teams are good.

Outside of the division, I agree OSU seems to play cupcakes.

I despise OSU, but they have some positions that generally translate well, especially DBs. Outside of the Bosa boys, DE is historically shaky from OSU, but they get a lot of premier talent.

to think there are no pass rushers outside of Chase is nuts though. There are always guys that come out and surprise. i will give my homer plug and say take a look at Gross-Matos and Toney (DEs from PSU)

Have you looked at Ohio State's schedule and who they've played? Oh boy, they've really had it tough with Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, Indiana, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, and Michigan State. Those are such power house offenses!! Chase Young must be really special to be doing what he's doing against those teams. How many of those offensive linemen are gonna be first round picks?

Seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with me questioning how good Chase Young really is.

3 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Like Zeke, Micheal Thomas, Bosa Brothers, Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, Malik Hooker, Gareon Conley, Curtis Samuel, Cameron Haywood?

Decent players like Vonn Bell, Eli Apple, Bradley Roby, Kurt Coleman, Taylor Decker?

Up and coming Players like Terry McLaurin and Our very own Sheffield?

Even throw backs like Malcom Jenkings, Carlos Hyde, Tedd Ginn, Donte Whitner, James Laurinitus, AJ Hawk, Will Smith, Chris Gamble? 

How many of those guys you've just listed are defensive linemen? I never said Ohio State hasn't produced great NFL players, but they don't have a long and storied history of producing great NFL defensive linemen.

I honestly don’t care about record when a season is already over. The narrative about winning meaningless games with the belief that it will “give momentum” to the next season is just a silly concept. 

Now I’m not advocating the “throwing” of games. Instead, start your backups/rookies and see what you have in terms of depth. This also gives those people valuable playing experience.

I don’t believe we are at that point right now. Keep your starters in until you’re statistically eliminated from playoff contention. Once that happens, find out what you have in the other players. 

MAD597 and Skeetbird like this

2 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I honestly don’t care about record when a season is already over. The narrative about winning meaningless games with the belief that it will “give momentum” to the next season is just a silly concept

Now I’m not advocating the “throwing” of games. Instead, start your backups/rookies and see what you have in terms of depth. This also gives those people valuable playing experience.

I don’t believe we are at that point right now. Keep your starters in until you’re statistically eliminated from playoff contention. Once that happens, find out what you have in the other players. 

Last year factually proved that idea is completely false. If we can't even have a winning season then at that point go for the best position in the draft

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Have you looked at Ohio State's schedule and who they've played? Oh boy, they've really had it tough with Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, Indiana, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, and Michigan State. Those are such power house offenses!! Chase Young must be really special to be doing what he's doing against those teams. How many of those offensive linemen are gonna be first round picks?

Seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with me questioning how good Chase Young really is.

I acknowledge they play a cupcake schedule outside of their big10 games. But if he looks this good at the end of the season the lack of competition isn’t an issue to me.

i admit I may have went a little overboard on my reply and made an assumption the competition comment was a slam on level of competition because it wasn’t an SEC team (hear that a bit from the UGA and SEC homers)

my apologies. :tiphat:

9 hours ago, Nino11 said:

This guy gets it. But don’t worry, they will win you over wen they win the NC this year 

Not if we have something to say about it! :tiphat:

Nino11 likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How many of those guys you've just listed are defensive linemen? I never said Ohio State hasn't produced great NFL players, but they don't have a long and storied history of producing great NFL defensive linemen.

It’s arguable that the best DL from the last 2 drafts each came from OSU.

Nino11 likes this

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Last year factually proved that idea is completely false. If we can't even have a winning season then at that point go for the best position in the draft

It’s always been nonsense. Lol

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well I wasn’t replying to you when I made that list. I was relying to the guy that said OSU guys get stomped in the NFL. And 4 of those guys were defensive lineman. 

I acknowledge they play a cupcake schedule outside of their big10 games. But if he looks this good at the end of the season the lack of competition isn’t an issue to me.

i admit I may have went a little overboard on my reply and made an assumption the competition comment was a slam on level of competition because it wasn’t an SEC team (hear that a bit from the UGA and SEC homers)

my apologies. :tiphat:

Well I'm not. I think Wisconsin is the best team in college football and can't wait for that Wisconsin/Ohio State game.

It’s arguable that the best DL from the last 2 drafts each came from OSU.

And I hope Chase Young is as good as the Bosa brothers. Don't know who else you could be talking about, my brain is failing me right now.

BTW, I was all over wanting Joey Bosa when he came out. I just haven't watched Ohio State this year to know anything about Chase Young.

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

There are people who thinking getting the #1 overall pick is better than winning the super bowl.

Or they realize our odds are MUCH better to get the #1 pick than to win the super bowl. 

21 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Just get some blue chip talent for once in the first. No more Peria Jerry’s or Jamaal Anderson’s 

Jerry was fine before he had that catastrophic knee injury.JA98 on thee other hand was a McKay and co pick yikes.

If we can’t secure the edge guy we best be able to defend the pass I’d be targeting that if I can’t secure pass rush.

1989Fan likes this

33 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Jerry was fine before he had that catastrophic knee injury.JA98 on thee other hand was a McKay and co pick yikes.

If we can’t secure the edge guy we best be able to defend the pass I’d be targeting that if I can’t secure pass rush.

Man corners aren’t goin to matter when the QB can make a sandwich in the pocket every play. I’m sick of not getting pressure man I want a guy that can consistently beat their guy one on one. 

12 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Man corners aren’t goin to matter when the QB can make a sandwich in the pocket every play. I’m sick of not getting pressure man I want a guy that can consistently beat their guy one on one. 

We actually have guys who can beat guys straight up they just can’t finish.Thats a huge issue with VB44 getting ridden round the arc and not squaring his rush off.

**** even Takk did it last week beat his guy and allowed Murray to escape.

Finishing has been this defenses issue since 2016 among other things.

Nino11 likes this

16 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

If you can’t secure pass rush what else do we do you defend in a passing league.Hence why I’d be keeping a close eye on these rooks we drafted if you see a future with them.

Nino11 likes this

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

We actually have guys who can beat guys straight up they just can’t finish.Thats a huge issue with VB44 getting ridden round the arc and not squaring his rush off.

**** even Takk did it last week beat his guy and allowed Murray to escape.

Finishing has been this defenses issue since 2016 among other things.

If Vic doesn’t win with a speed rush he’s dead in the water. He literally sits there n dry humps with the tackle. Only way he gets pressure is with smoke and mirrors with stunts and blitz. I’m All the way out on Beasley. He got all the tools and none of the desire. That’s the most frustrating part, he looks like he doesn’t care 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, Nino11 said:

I think with a legit edge rusher that can consistently beat tackles one on one our defense looks way better.

We've been saying this almost every year since John Abraham left.

Nino11 likes this