Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think Keith Armstrong would make a good head coach for the Falcons?

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No, please God. The Atlanta Falcons need to hire a person that has absolutely no ties to the Falcons. None!! Why? Because we need a fresh voice to come in and preach a fresh message, not the same crap the players have already had drilled through them for years. We also need a fresh set of eyes on this roster to make the tough decisions to get rid of players that should have been cut years ago.

I agree, I have not heard anyone mention Gregg Williams as a possibility...

57 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Forget all that, we are talking about the Special Teams coach. Not the OC, not the DC, not the d-line coach, the reciever coach. The freaking special teams coach. It's like saying, "who should we hire to be the next CEO?... Another teams CEO? The CFO? The CTO? the CMO??? No,I know! how about the IT manager we fired last year?"

My point exactly, he wasn't a good coach

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No, please God. The Atlanta Falcons need to hire a person that has absolutely no ties to the Falcons. None!! Why? Because we need a fresh voice to come in and preach a fresh message, not the same crap the players have already had drilled through them for years. We also need a fresh set of eyes on this roster to make the tough decisions to get rid of players that should have been cut years ago.

Agreed.

45 minutes ago, GreggT said:

I agree, I have not heard anyone mention Gregg Williams as a possibility...

I would rather lose with Quinn than win with Greg Williams. He’s not a good guy, and I don’t want him anywhere near or even remotely associated with our Falcons. 

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They say that special teams coordinators make good head coaches because they are familiar with offense and defense. They also know how to make lemonade out of lemons when it comes to players. Keith Armstrong seems like an excellent candidate because he is very familiar with our roster and it's tendencies. Him and Matt Ryan would probably work well together. Keith Armstrong also is not afraid to chew you out if you mess up as we saw when they were filming our offseason in 2014. I think his personality is perfect. I hope Arthur Blank will strongly consider Keith Armstrong. Do you guys think Keith Armstrong would make a good head coach for the Falcons? Your thoughts? 

Who is this "they" that say ST coaches make good head coaches and no how to make lemonade out of lemons?

What special knowledge do ST coaches know about offense and defense? 

These are just random statements I've never really heard from anyone.

"Him and Matt Ryan would probably work well together" 

Why is that?

My thoughts are that this is really digging at the bottom of the logic barrel to come up with a thread topic.

36 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I would kill to have Gregg Williams as at least DC. I don't know about him as HC, although he had to learn something from his time as HC with the Bills and Browns.

I’m not advocating for Greg Williams but this team dang sure needs somebody that can bring some fire!!! Unfortunately there’s nobody on the team that does. 

19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They say that special teams coordinators make good head coaches because they are familiar with offense and defense. They also know how to make lemonade out of lemons when it comes to players. Keith Armstrong seems like an excellent candidate because he is very familiar with our roster and it's tendencies. Him and Matt Ryan would probably work well together. Keith Armstrong also is not afraid to chew you out if you mess up as we saw when they were filming our offseason in 2014. I think his personality is perfect. I hope Arthur Blank will strongly consider Keith Armstrong. Do you guys think Keith Armstrong would make a good head coach for the Falcons? Your thoughts? 

Man, where do you be getting this stuff from?

14 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I would rather lose with Quinn than win with Greg Williams. He’s not a good guy, and I don’t want him anywhere near or even remotely associated with our Falcons. 

I would like to win for a change, how is that Brotherhood, Ya Ya working out for you!

While he was acting HC of the Browns he sure turned them around!

3 hours ago, GreggT said:

I would like to win for a change, how is that Brotherhood, Ya Ya working out for you!

While he was acting HC of the Browns he sure turned them around!

Wish all you want, but he will never become the coach of the Falcons. And as far as saying "Brotherhood, Ya Ya, working out for you!" stuff your spouting off about, I was one of the VERY 1st people on these boards stating that I couldn't stand all of the slogans. So do your research before you start shooting your mouth off...