ryantlanta

1-9 Record the rest of the season? 2-14 Total record?

68 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Doesn't matter, I personally think Dan Quinn quit as our head coach when Blank underminded him and re-signed Julio. No way Quinn backed that signing. Once and again Blank screws the fans of Atlanta by getting in the way and pushing a coach out. Everything was going good until Julio wanted his money and that's when the team started splitting. Plus the dude don't practice!?! Come on man. Front office divided, team divided, all on Blank. Julio wasn't worth it. Now Falcons are screwed for next 3 years with money and Quinn knows it and he is basically saying win with Julio and your great offense now that you screwed me on being able to get some better corners, or basically anything on defensive side of the ball. Same story to the T as what happened with Smitty. Blank just repeated "The Process" Hire a coach let him come in and re-energize a broken ship and then after two years when everything is running as its best, step in as owner and try to start running it yourself. Blank always working off the success of others ask Bernie Marcus. 

Everybody loves Julio. Julio proved how valuable he was in the 2016 playoffs. The team was stacked for this year anyways or should have been. 

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Believe it or not I’ve seen worse in my fandom of this team.

Good lord back in the day when the Niners with Montana Rice Jones Taylor Craig and co used to beat us like a drum.I’m sure Rice used love playing the Falcons lol.

The days where we’d look likely one year then disappear back into the mire.

I’m telling you as bad as this defense and team is going there’s been many years when we’ve been worse.Fans that have been round long enough will know this.

Our defense looks like the 1995-1996 Falcons defense under June Jones. Can't stop the pass.

Vandy and kiwifalcon like this

5 hours ago, thamill said:

If this defense continues to play the way it is now, we won't win another game. 

If the light turns on and they click, we could go on a run.

I say we win atleast 3-4 games.

5 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Doesn't matter, I personally think Dan Quinn quit as our head coach when Blank underminded him and re-signed Julio. No way Quinn backed that signing. Once and again Blank screws the fans of Atlanta by getting in the way and pushing a coach out. Everything was going good until Julio wanted his money and that's when the team started splitting. Plus the dude don't practice!?! Come on man. Front office divided, team divided, all on Blank. Julio wasn't worth it. Now Falcons are screwed for next 3 years with money and Quinn knows it and he is basically saying win with Julio and your great offense now that you screwed me on being able to get some better corners, or basically anything on defensive side of the ball. Same story to the T as what happened with Smitty. Blank just repeated "The Process" Hire a coach let him come in and re-energize a broken ship and then after two years when everything is running as its best, step in as owner and try to start running it yourself. Blank always working off the success of others ask Bernie Marcus. 

Are you ok? You seem disoriented. Confused. Are you running a fever high enough to cause such hallucinations?

I see no wins at all for the Falcons. The Falcons offense simply cannot overcome the total disaster that the Falcons defense is. With every week that goes by, and with every repeated lame DQ phrase, the defense does nothing but continue to get worse. It is laughable at this point because I don't know if I've ever seen a Falcons defense as pitiful as DQ's 2019 defense, and I've been a fan since the '70s. How has it gotten this bad? How have the defensive players themselves not made any strides to get better? The level of incompetence is astounding. Being a Falcons fan is to endure a high level of embarrassment. Thank you for nothing, Dan Quinn; do us all a favor and resign.

Phalcon_Phil likes this

7 hours ago, athell said:

Yea...honestly we are a few bad plays from 3-3 or 4-2.  The NFL is weird like that.

Actually, we are one blown play by the Eagles from being 0-6.

Phalcon_Phil likes this

11 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Blank implied that Quinn would have control of the Falcons' 53-man roster when asked about Julio Jones getting a long-term contract.

The Falcons were prohibited from agreeing to a contract with Dan Quinn until after the Seahawks finished competing in Sunday's Super Bowl. AP Photo/Ted S. Warren

"I think it's a decision that the head coach will look at the talent on the roster," Blank told ESPN.com. "Julio's been a great player for us and a great talent, and he represents us on the field and off the field as well as anybody else. As the owner, it's not my decision to make. The new coach will spend a great deal of time assessing the roster and all of our players, and obviously Julio is a critical one."

any more lies to spread on the forum?

Phalcon_Phil likes this

12 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Anyone else see it differently?

Rams L

Seahawks L

Saints L

Panthers L

Bucs W

Saints L

Panthers L

Niners L

Jags L

Bucs L

This is what it seems like with how we’ve played these last 4 weeks anyone disagree?

What are your predictions?

Whay do you think the 1st Bucs game is a W ?

Big_Dog likes this

14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Like I mentioned you choose to wallow in misery.I choose to look at things we are doing better.The defense actually got some stops in that 2nd half and the offense capitalised.

Thats positive for me baby steps.

Put him in the Pit of Despair

kiwifalcon likes this

17 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

OMG.

18 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

I see typo in your username. Refried Brains sounds more appropriate.

Vandy likes this

8 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

That's why I said the NFL is weird like that.  You can do that for almost every single team.

8 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Or a couple Ryan overthrows away from blowing them out.....**** a single missed sack on third down kept them in the game

Even in our worst loss to the Texans....it was a 1 score game with 3 minutes left.....after they had fumbled 4 times and we only recover one of those fumbles.

That is his point though......in every football game there are 4 to 6 plays that are the drivers of the outcome of that game....for the moat part those plays have not gone our way...be it bad play calling in critical situations, untimely penalties, terrible execution, and some strait up bad luck.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Or a couple Ryan overthrows away from blowing them out.....**** a single missed sack on third down kept them in the game

Even in our worst loss to the Texans....it was a 1 score game with 3 minutes left.....after they had fumbled 4 times and we only recover one of those fumbles.

That is his point though......in every football game there are 4 to 6 plays that are the drivers of the outcome of that game....for the moat part those plays have not gone our way...be it bad play calling in critical situations, untimely penalties, terrible execution, and some strait up bad luck.

My point is that the Falcons are a bad team rather than an unlucky one. Wins are not likely to happen when your mistakes far outnumber your good efforts.

36 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

My point is that the Falcons are a bad team rather than an unlucky one. Wins are not likely to happen when your mistakes far outnumber your good efforts.

Opponents of fumble the ball around 10 or 11 times versus the Falcons.    The Falcons have recovered TWO of them and both of those are on special teams.

There has been a lot of bad luck for the Falcons

20 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Anyone else see it differently?

Rams L

Seahawks L

Saints L

Panthers L

Bucs W

Saints L

Panthers L

Niners L

Jags L

Bucs L

This is what it seems like with how we’ve played these last 4 weeks anyone disagree?

What are your predictions?

2-14...  From your lips to God's ears... That will mean a complete overhaul. It will mean a new QB (hopefully Tua) which brings new energy and a new mindset. It purges us from the black cloud that forever hangs over our head as a result of the epic SB failure... And most important, it rids us of the people associated with that failure. 

19 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

The offense always plays at a level good enough to win, but with the pop warner level defense we’ve seen the last few games we have no chance. Unless something drastically changes we have no shot.

Agree. That is what discourages me from feeling any optimism about the rest of the season. This defense is getting worse each week, not better. There were some defensive plays vs the Cards that just reeked of Falcons 1966. We're talking total Clown Show.

How can this defense improve from total disaster to competitive with the same scheme and players? Just can't see where the positive bounce is going to come from to pull this defense out of the toilet.