Schwarzwald

Baldy Rips Falcons Goal Line D

81 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

That's what this has come to.

When the defense manages to make more than one stop a game that's an accomplishment.

Did you know that as bad as the Dolphins are they've only had 1 game where they only forced 1 punt?  Only one game where the other team scored every time they touched the balled except one. 

The Falcons have two of those.

Baby steps when our situation the idea that we are going to cure it over a week is madness.Ill just take the little wins and hope it keeps improving week to week.

I gotta try and find something watching these characters.

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Baby steps when our situation the idea that we are going to cure it over a week is madness.Ill just take the little wins and hope it keeps improving week to week.

It starts with new leadership. 

PokerSteve likes this

no pass rush at all--so one would think with only 3 or 4 rushing that surely we would have some people in the back covered--should be 7 or 8 back because they sure as he** aren't rushing the passer!

this crap is ridiculous!

i'm a teacher and basketball coach and today i ate lunch with one of our assistant football coach.  this guy played college football at shorter.  we watched the highlights of the cards-falcons game.  he's a fan of the cowboys so he didn't watch falcons game sunday.  when he watched our highlights his mind was blown at the lack of the defense, missed assignments, just straight up terrible tackling.  how can our assistant football coach look at our defensive tape and right off the bat say, "can't possibly be lined up right, who's responsible for the rb, why is #20 lined up on the line in the goal line defense, etc, etc, etc.  guys quinn has totally lost it!  we constantly do these things week in and week out.  deion jones not forcing a ball carrier inside to where he has help near the goal line.  this is basic football stuff!  how blank has let this go for so long is unbelievable.

please tell me why would quinn not onside kick after bryant missed the extra point?

1:53 on the clock and we only have two timeouts...that is a no-brainer!  one first down wins the game for the cards.  so atleast give yourself two opportunities to get possession back.  1 with an onside kick recovery, 2-by getting your defense to make a 3-down stop and getting the ball back with right around a minute to go with no timeouts.  quinn elected to give away the number one opportunity by kicking deep.  why?  our defense has only stopped them 3x all game.  now grant it--zona is stupid too.  sooooo stupid that it almost let quinn get away with not kicking the onside kick-as murray really didn't get that first down and he went out of bounds to boot.  should've been a kicking situation for the cards with the clock stopped.  instead after instant replay clearly showed he didn't get the first down-the officials ruled first down and that's your ball game.  quinn should've kicked the onside!!!!

he's a complete moron when it comes to in-game decision making.  was sunday, was the first game he coached in the preaseason years ago, and will always be--and whoever they hired to help him with that this year is an idiot too.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Baby steps??!? lol. C'mon, bro! "The idea that we are going to cure it over a week is madness..." This defense has been in the toilet since Week 1, no make that since preseason.

We're heading into Week 7 and it's getting worse instead of better. This defense isn't going to be cured until Quinn and everybody else associated with it at the moment is sent packing.

55 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Baby steps??!? lol. C'mon, bro! "The idea that we are going to cure it over a week is madness..." This defense has been in the toilet since Week 1, no make that since preseason.

We're heading into Week 7 and it's getting worse instead of better. This defense isn't going to be cured until Quinn and everybody else associated with it at the moment is sent packing.

Cmon Poker I got a season to watch this crap. I already understand what needs to happen but that isn’t happening till thee off season.

Im looking for guys like these rookie corners to see if they have anything.If any of these LBers want to be here next year.

Baby steps.

I don’t understand why we keep flogging what doesn’t need to be said and we already no.

12 hours ago, Vandy said:

That’s what we all thought, but after 5 years of Quinn this defense ranks with the worst I’ve ever seen. 

quinn’s run out of excuses. He owns this. 

As I said, he owns this regardless.  I think he needs to be gone to, but about 3/4 of this defense needs to hit the road with him. This isn't all on him, you can bring in anyone else with these players and you're still gonna see alot of the same stuff. Having them here, is on him and TD, both should be gone.