Schwarzwald

Baldy Rips Falcons Goal Line D

81 posts in this topic

I don’t mind these breakdowns but he can show some of the stuff the defense did do well as it got a few stops in the second half.

7 hours ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

im glad he shows this every week....    i thought, we as fans, were the only ones noticing this crap....        i say the same things... i coach middle school football, and we have never let anyone get this wide open..... EVER.      and my boys are no where close to even remotely as good as any NFL players.... i know im not as good as any coach out there.... except DAN QUINN:bang:       BRING ME HOME TD!!!:tiphat:

This is the same defensive coordinator that held Peyton Manning and the great Broncos offense to 8 points. This is mostly the same defense players that held Tom Brady to 3 points for 3 almost quarters. It's almost like the NFL is rigged sometimes.

WornOutFalconFan likes this

7 hours ago, athell said:

Baldy is not a fan of DQ...

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Goalline was bad from a coaching standpoint. The David Johnson play was 200% on players blowing assignments. Ish ****** us.

Yep.

Lots of blame going around. If DQ can’t coach it to better performance, he will be the one to pay the price...

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

This is the same defensive coordinator that held Peyton Manning and the great Broncos offense to 8 points. This is mostly the same defense players that held Tom Brady to 3 points for 3 almost quarters. It's almost like the NFL is rigged sometimes.

This was because of the players not the coaching. The coaching hasnt changed but the talent has. 

The funny thing is that Baldinger is not the only analyst that has been laying into Quinn.  Many are disgusted and they don’t even have ties to the team. 

Man, people can discredit Quinn all they want for what he did in Seattle, but he knows better than this. No way he is calling this or coaching this unless he wants to be fire.  Seattle had talent, but they got better under Quinn. He called that defense and coached them. Either he wants out of here or we have the dumbest 11 players to ever grace NFL turf. No way Quinn is that bad of a DC. It's still his fault regardless, he wanted these guys, but no way he is coaching them this way unless he wants to be fired. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe he isn't a defensive mastermind, but no way this is what he is wanting from them.

11 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

That’s long time a go in SEA with Pete as HC. He is the Same DC who gave up 31 points in SB for 1.5 Qtr. D just needed one stop.

21 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yep, this was easily the worst play of the game for our D. David Johnson, arguably the Cardinals best player and inarguably their best offensive player, has no one around by at least a 20 yard radius. How the **** does that even happen!? 

Maybe he has the herpes? 

How is our defense this bad and this stupid? Is Quinn trying to get fired? We are running the same scheme he came to our team with, largely with the same players we had previously. Yet our defense looks like an expansion team with a new coach right out of college.

WTF is up with Quinn, do we not practice at all or something?

14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I don’t mind these breakdowns but he can show some of the stuff the defense did do well as it got a few stops in the second half.

That's what this has come to.

When the defense manages to make more than one stop a game that's an accomplishment.

Did you know that as bad as the Dolphins are they've only had 1 game where they only forced 1 punt?  Only one game where the other team scored every time they touched the balled except one. 

The Falcons have two of those.

21 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yep, this was easily the worst play of the game for our D. David Johnson, arguably the Cardinals best player and inarguably their best offensive player, has no one around by at least a 20 yard radius. How the **** does that even happen!? 

Welp, when you run the Quinn Short-Bus Defense, things can get just a tad spacey at times. :ninja:

14 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

This is the same defensive coordinator that held Peyton Manning and the great Broncos offense to 8 points. 

The architect of that was likely Pete Carroll.

The same way the Saints have an offensive coordinator, but its really Payton.

Vandy likes this

23 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

When the defense manages to make more than one stop a game that's an accomplishment.

Did you know that as bad as the Dolphins are they've only had 1 game where they only forced 1 punt?  Only one game where the other team scored every time they touched the balled except one. 

Yep, over the course of 3 games, the Falcons have forced 3 punts and have zero sacks.

Edited by JeffAtl
PokerSteve likes this

11 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Man, people can discredit Quinn all they want for what he did in Seattle, but he knows better than this. No way he is calling this or coaching this unless he wants to be fire.  Seattle had talent, but they got better under Quinn. He called that defense and coached them. Either he wants out of here or we have the dumbest 11 players to ever grace NFL turf. No way Quinn is that bad of a DC. It's still his fault regardless, he wanted these guys, but no way he is coaching them this way unless he wants to be fired. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe he isn't a defensive mastermind, but no way this is what he is wanting from them.

That’s what we all thought, but after 5 years of Quinn this defense ranks with the worst I’ve ever seen. 

quinn’s run out of excuses. He owns this. 

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Yep, the last three games, the Falcons have forced 3 punts and have zero sacks.

The last 3 games it's actually 9 punts.

It's the Colts, Texans, and Cards games where it's 5 stops/punts total.

But yeah.  Sack numbers are abysmal especially considering the rate Murray, Mariotta, and Watson had been getting sacked before those games.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The last 3 games it's actually 9 punts.

It's the Colts, Texans, and Cards games where it's 5 stops/punts total.

But yeah.  Sack numbers are abysmal especially considering the rate Murray, Mariotta, and Watson had been getting sacked before those games.

Thanks for the clarification!  Sloppy of me - I'll correct.

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s what we all thought, but after 5 years of Quinn this defense ranks with the worst I’ve ever seen. 

quinn’s run out of excuses. He owns this. 

At the same time I'm not sure that truly captures it.

Some of the things I've seen on film is unbelievable because it keeps happening.

31 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Which again comes back to coaching. 

And these are not new issues. Had the same issues with different players in 2018.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

We have one of the worst NFL defenses the last decade and this rainbows and marshmallow guy wants to show maybe the one or 2 good plays we have a game?

WTF is up with some people?

PokerSteve likes this