Ergo Proxy

Baldy Rips Falcons Goal Line D

81 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, athell said:

Baldy is not a fan of DQ...

Yep, this was easily the worst play of the game for our D. David Johnson, arguably the Cardinals best player and inarguably their best offensive player, has no one around by at least a 20 yard radius. How the **** does that even happen!? 

Emmitt and PokerSteve like this

im glad he shows this every week....    i thought, we as fans, were the only ones noticing this crap....        i say the same things... i coach middle school football, and we have never let anyone get this wide open..... EVER.      and my boys are no where close to even remotely as good as any NFL players.... i know im not as good as any coach out there.... except DAN QUINN:bang:       BRING ME HOME TD!!!:tiphat:

That is poor defensive coaching, that is inexcusable. DJ doesn't seem to try to communicate with any of his teammates. No one on the defense seems to understand their assignments. How the **** is this defense so incompetent? With every week, the Falcons D gets worse. Such a waste of a season that will undoubtedly affect next season with yet more turnover in coaching. What a ******* disaster.

falconut1991 likes this

9 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yep, this was easily the worst play of the game for our D. David Johnson, arguably the Cardinals best player and inarguably their best offensive player, has no one around by at least a 20 yard radius. How the **** does that even happen!? 

The goaline is arguably worse. At the very least in the results department. 

Yep. I've been saying it since 2017. This defense has no clue who is on the field. They don't account for personnel and opponent tendencies. Just go back and watch that 2017 Dolphins game. Only had Jarvis Landy and Jay Ajayi and they couldn't stop it. Having trouble stopping David Johnson was expected. The only real threatening weapon on that offense. Same with alignment. Run fits is nothing but counting gaps. Nobody does it. This is pre-snap, high school stuff. Nothing exotic. The fact that you have that egregious of a misalignment on the goal line is trivial. That's not just coaching. That's player incompetence. Nobody saw it nor spoke up because they didn't see an issue. Coaching can't overcome that. 

1 hour ago, athell said:

Baldy is not a fan of DQ...

You think he would be burned out pointing out the things the Falcons do badly.....

Dude, that's awful.  I love how he zoomed in on the undefended lane when he said "where do you think they're going to run this play?"

Emmitt and Cole World like this

48 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. I've been saying it since 2017. This defense has no clue who is on the field. They don't account for personnel and opponent tendencies. Just go back and watch that 2017 Dolphins game. Only had Jarvis Landy and Jay Ajayi and they couldn't stop it. Having trouble stopping David Johnson was expected. The only real threatening weapon on that offense. Same with alignment. Run fits is nothing but counting gaps. Nobody does it. This is pre-snap, high school stuff. Nothing exotic. The fact that you have that egregious of a misalignment on the goal line is trivial. That's not just coaching. That's player incompetence. Nobody saw it nor spoke up because they didn't see an issue. Coaching can't overcome that. 

Isn't there someone on the defense with a direct line to the DC, just like the QB on offense?

MoFalconsFan56 likes this