XXVIII-III

Draft Shakeup: Jags trade up to #1 for their franchise QB

38 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And you still don't realize that film has nothing to do with them flat out being bad QB's. Trying to make that argument isn't going to help your case at all naming quarterbacks that weren't that good to begin with 

Like I said to Ovie you win.

I could be wrong but Foles contract is going to be a problem for the Jags if he's not playing and playing well.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

There's a slight difference.  Like 26 million vs 88. 

The earliest they can dump Foles is 2021 and even then it's 12 million in dead cap.

All it prevents is the Jags from going all in during the rookie years if they want. 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Like I said to Ovie you win.

I could be wrong but Foles contract is going to be a problem for the Jags if he's not playing and playing well.

They can cut Foles after next season and not have to worry about anything(post June 1st cut would save them a ton in 2021) and wouldn't have to pay Minschew for another 3 years minimum IF he turns out to be solid. 

51 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I agree. You'd think he would have. I didn't watch him but I heard plenty about him and saw some highlights. 

He definitely has the right mentality/attitude. He crumbled bad in the game against UW, but the whole team kind of did, really...funny thing is, WSU's QB this year looks REALLY good as well.

ya_boi_j likes this

I don't see this happening. Miami is tanking for Tua. They haven't had a legit franchise QB since Marino. 

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

It's like some of you only watch the Falcons and completely ignore other teams.

Whats wrong with that?  I watch the other games but Im doing other things in the process -our games im totally dialed in I want to see every snap  ,dropped ball ,missed tackle,blown coverage etc....Fandom

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

hmmm..... that contract they signed Foles to might make that problematic.

They've got Foles and Minshew has looked good. Jaguars are not trading for the #1 pick in the draft to take a QB. This thread is a really bad take.

You guys are outsmarting yourselves. The Jags have been “a QB away” for a while now. They’ve got the ammo to easily move up if they think they have finally found their franchise QB. I highly doubt they are perfectly fine with rolling the dice on Rico.

We have seen much crazier things happen in the past.

Just now, XXVIII-III said:

You guys are outsmarting yourselves. The Jags have been “a QB away” for a while now. They’ve got the ammo to easily move up if they think they have finally found their franchise QB. I highly doubt they are perfectly fine with rolling the dice on Rico.

We have seen much crazier things happen in the past.

yeah and now they're a couple of playmakers away. Minschew is better now than Bortles ever was

1 hour ago, Diggable Birds said:

Whats wrong with that?  I watch the other games but Im doing other things in the process -our games im totally dialed in I want to see every snap  ,dropped ball ,missed tackle,blown coverage etc....Fandom

Didnt say it was a problem

Diggable Birds likes this

1.  Who cares what the Jags do?

2.  wuuuuuuut?

3.  How would the Jags trading up to take a QB screw Atlanta at all?  We don't need a QB in this years draft.  If anything you should hope this happens because it would mean a stud player falls a spot.

4.  wuuuuuuut?