EddieK

Guess we'll be seeing Jalen Ramsey this weekend

160 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think a lot of this selling away 1st round draft picks is Stan Kroenke stressing trying to ensure that he's able to fill that historically expensive new stadium and entertainment complex when they open next season.

Rams will be in bad shape in 2 seasons.

Yep. You can see that new stadium being built when landing in LA. It’s in a decent shape now. 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Just now, falcons007 said:

New flash I showed you, out of 14 OBJ targets Ramsey covered him on 7. Keep peddling the myths.

Also he can't cover him effectively in stacked formations. Which is exactly what they did to get OBJ more room. And even then they ran so many pick routes to get OBJ space. The stacked formations forced the Jags to go zone.

They rarely let OBJ go 1v1 against Ramsey. This is the value a good CB brings. He makes other teams gameplan differently. 

Now OBJ still got his, but it was a tough day at the office. And QBs don't complete passes at as high a clip against Ramsey. 

5 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Tru and Alford definitely aren't a good fit for DQ's scheme, which is why I never understood why he didn't simply draft the guys to best fit the scheme. Instead he tried to force the scheme onto players who didn't fit. I guess he tried getting one of his guys by drafting Jalen Collins, but that's another story. I'm not suggesting Ramsey is a world-beater either just one of the best in the game today and therefore worth giving up capital for. The football IQ is a great point. Not sure Ramsey would be on Sherman's level in that regard, but without a doubt more physically gifted 

At least Jalen aggressively tackles.  That would sure help because I can't remember the last time I saw Trufant even tackle a man that saw him coming.

2 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Tru and Alford definitely aren't a good fit for DQ's scheme, which is why I never understood why he didn't simply draft the guys to best fit the scheme. Instead he tried to force the scheme onto players who didn't fit. I guess he tried getting one of his guys by drafting Jalen Collins, but that's another story. I'm not suggesting Ramsey is a world-beater either just one of the best in the game today and therefore worth giving up capital for. The football IQ is a great point. Not sure Ramsey would be on Sherman's level in that regard, but without a doubt more physically gifted 

Ramsey is easily a better athlete than Sherman. There’s no debate there. Surprisingly though, that didn’t limit Sherman at all. Despite only running around a 4.6 the dude baited QBs all day long. That’s what I loved about his play the most. Even though I hated Seattle during those years, looking back now, I can truly appreciate what that defense and Sherman in particular did for the game. Haven’t seen a D quite like it since, not even 2015 Denver compares imo. 

#1ATLFALCONSFAN likes this

52 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Here are PFF raw stats. 

As stated earlier, Ramsey travels with the opposing team's #1 WR and is naturally going to give up more yds. Whereas Trufant covers a deep third and underneath routes against the #1 WR  whichever WR happens to be on his side of the field on that particular play, which could be the #2 or #3 receiver and he still has a lower passer rating and completion percentage than Ramsey. Ramsey would resemble LOB Sherman in the same Cover 3 scheme Trufant's in. They're not the same player. 

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN
DogIsYourName likes this

2 hours ago, HEIST said:

Eh that's what we said about the Saints and their salary cap management for years too. ***** hard to predict, I do know that the Rams have a really strong roster right now though. 

We've never paid 109 million for 5 guys which is what they will be doing in 2020.

This makes Saints look amateurish in comparison. But the Rams have what seems to be a 2 year window and i hope that team fails miserably.

24 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Ramsey is easily a better athlete than Sherman. There’s no debate there. Surprisingly though, that didn’t limit Sherman at all. Despite only running around a 4.6 the dude baited QBs all day long. That’s what I loved about his play the most. Even though I hated Seattle during those years, looking back now, I can truly appreciate what that defense and Sherman in particular did for the game. Haven’t seen a D quite like it since, not even 2015 Denver compares imo. 

Had Chancellor and Thomas to help make up for his physical limitations as well. We probably won't see another defense of that caliber for a long time. Maybe never especially since the league is trying to get rid of the Kam Chancellor-type of players. The unnecessary roughness they called last night on the Detroit DB was ridiculous, not sure what they expect him to do there. Denver's 2015 defense was forgettable lol

Atlantafan21 likes this

2 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Had Chancellor and Thomas to help make up for his physical limitations as well. We probably won't see another defense of that caliber for a long time. Maybe never especially since the league is trying to get rid of the Kam Chancellor-type of players. The unnecessary roughness they called last night on the Detroit DB was ridiculous, not sure what they expect him to do there. Denver's 2015 defense was forgettable lol

Thomas and Chancelor definitely helped, but Sherman was great in his own right. All three instilled fear differently. But the fact that Sherman let his guy beat him by 5+ yards just to play catch up and get an INT will always amaze me. 

#1ATLFALCONSFAN likes this

Guys, in a different thread about sack rates there are some stats showing that Takk is pressuring about the same this year as Kahlil Mack.

Sometimes you have to watch the games to know when one player is light years better than another.

#1ATLFALCONSFAN and KRUNKuno like this

3 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Agreed. Falcons could get like a 3rd for him. 

If were lucky ... 

Ramsey and Jags get a steal; presuming Jalen gets his mega-contract.

Rams all in but they needed to with their cap problems coming due AND losing both Talib to IR and Peters hasn't been good there.

15 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Guys, in a different thread about sack rates there are some stats showing that Takk is pressuring about the same this year as Kahlil Mack.

Sometimes you have to watch the games to know when one player is light years better than another.

Takk gave up on double digit sacks about 1/3 of the way through the season. Took the inevitable L and cut the dreads lol

30 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

As stated earlier, Ramsey travels with the opposing team's #1 WR and is naturally going to give up more yds. Whereas Trufant covers a deep third and underneath routes against the #1 WR  whichever WR happens to be on his side of the field on that particular play, which could be the #2 or #3 receiver and he still has a lower passer rating and completion percentage than Ramsey. Ramsey would resemble LOB Sherman in the same Cover 3 scheme Trufant's in. They're not the same player. 

He doesn’t travel. Lol. Anyways keep up the myth. He has like 50% target oF number 1. 

14 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

:lol::sadfan:

Yeah, trade Trufant now. Get a pick from Philly or elsewhere. Play Sheffield, Miller, and Oliver rest of the year outside and see who sticks by end of the year.

In a week

Schwarzwald likes this

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He doesn’t travel. Lol. Anyways keep up the myth. He has like 50% target oF number 1. 

Now you're just making up things. It's well-documented how often he travels against #1 WR's. Of course he's not going to travel every snap.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/jalen-ramsey-shadow-cornerbacks-fantasy-football-2019

Even if he only travels with #1 WR's 50% of the time, that's still about 50% more than Trufant lol

3 hours ago, EddieK said:

I agree totally. If Ramsey can get you two firsts and a fourth, then Tru could at least get you a third and maybe a fourth the following year. 

This is a no brainer, TD has to make it happen! 

DogIsYourName likes this

8 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Now you're just making up things. It's well-documented how often he travels against #1 WR's. Of course he's not going to travel every snap.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/jalen-ramsey-shadow-cornerbacks-fantasy-football-2019

Even if he only travels with #1 WR's 50% of the time, that's still about 50% more than Trufant lol

Lol. I am quoting PFF raw stats. They chart every game with WR and the DB covering. WTF is action network? Fantasy land for fantasy football?

No link to anything. All you've done is cite one of your old posts lol

Ramsey is the 2nd best CB in the league. Trying to compare Trufant to Ramsey is no different than trying to compare Takk to Mack. No use.

DogIsYourName likes this

10 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

No link to anything. All you've done is cite one of your old posts lol

Ramsey is the 2nd best CB in the league. Trying to compare Trufant to Ramsey is no different than trying to compare Takk to Mack. No use.

PFF premium stats has it all, no need for link and vodoo grades . Sign up and enjoy.I am not gonna bother with the myths, I couldn’t care less about Ramsey. 

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

PFF premium stats has it all, no need for link.. . Sign up and enjoy.I am not gonna bother with the myths, I couldn’t care less about Ramsey. 

I don't have the membership, but even if he travels 50% of the time as you say that's still much more than most CB's. You're actually griping about him not traveling the WR1 100% of the time? Who cares. There's always situations/matchups throughout a game where it's best if he doesn't travel. Trufant travels with the WR1 ZERO percent of the time lol.

Anyway, peace. Sunday shall be interesting.

We should trade Trufant, and Freeman while we can. Would be a great idea. Also a Kazee trade wouldn't hurt either.