EddieK

Guess we'll be seeing Jalen Ramsey this weekend

160 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

What are his stats? Maybe 1 peanut in exchange for Tru.

 

9 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Ramsey 2018: 78 receptions allowed on 128 targets(60.9%) on 455 coverage snaps, 13 PDs,  3 INTs, 946 yards allowed and 3 TDs, 78.5 Passer Rating allowed

Trufant: 83 receptions allowed on 130 targets(63.8%) on 511 coverage snaps, 12 PDs, 0 INTs, 813 yards allowed 5 TDs, 91 Passer Rating allowed

I’ll preface this with the fact that I’m not sure how exact these statistics truly are, because some of the numbers were very slightly off from what’s posted on sites like nfl.com, but I’d assume if they’re off, it’s not by much. But as you can see, if they are fairly accurate, the disparity in both CBs performances are not very different at all. The only major difference is the fact that Ramsey was able to pick off some passes while Tru wasn’t, which helped Ramsey lower his opposing passer rating as compared to Tru. 

Here are PFF raw stats. 

 

Atlantafan21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

The Falcon weren't going almost 5 years without a 1st round selection when they traded to draft Julio. They only didn't have a 1st rounder for 2012.

 

Rams are going 2 straight drafts without a 1st round pick after already not having a 1st round pick since 2017.

Too bad they wasted all those draft picks from Washington. 

DawnOfThemBirds and falcons007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

His #s last year were almost identical to Trufant's, but people want Tru gone for a bag of peanuts. 

Im so tired of this delusional fan base. Trufant number have never been near Ramsey. 

You're a fool if think they were..

DogIsYourName likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Im so tired of this delusional fan base. Trufant number have never been near Ramsey. 

You're a fool if think they were..

Bruh, go look at the stats posted above by Falcons007. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Im so tired of this delusional fan base. Trufant number have never been near Ramsey. 

You're a fool if think they were..

Actually Ramsey was worse in giving up more yards/snap and yards. If Tru held on to 2-3 picks more, he would have had better nfl rating than Ramsey. 
I wonder who the fool really is..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

 

Here are PFF raw stats. 

 

Those make Tru look even better than the ones I posted. Idk why our fans love to glorify other players while pegging ours down. Grass is always greener I guess. 

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Bruh, go look at the stats posted above by Falcon007. 

He argued with me in that thread with random google search. I posted how Ramsey was not following the OBJ or who ever the best WR were. He must be Ramsey fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me say this, at this point I will take Ramsey over Tru, he is younger, more talented and has higher ceiling. Is he consistently a shut down CB, not yet. Had a great 2017,  not a good 2018. First game in 2019 wasn’t great, recovered next two games. Is he worth 2 first rounds for ceiling and potential, probably not. Just too inconsistent for that kinda draft capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He argued with me in that thread with random google search. I posted how Ramsey was not following the OBJ or who ever the best WR were. He must be Ramsey fan.

I was a HUGE fan of Ramsey coming out of Florida state. I thought he could be the next great DB, and he still could be. But right now he’s more so getting away with having a big name and a big mouth rather than actual big play. 

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Ramsey 2018: 78 receptions allowed on 128 targets(60.9%) on 455 coverage snaps, 13 PDs,  3 INTs, 946 yards allowed and 3 TDs, 78.5 Passer Rating allowed

Trufant: 83 receptions allowed on 130 targets(63.8%) on 511 coverage snaps, 12 PDs, 0 INTs, 813 yards allowed 5 TDs, 91 Passer Rating allowed

I’ll preface this with the fact that I’m not sure how exact these statistics truly are, because some of the numbers were very slightly off from what’s posted on sites like nfl.com, but I’d assume if they’re off, it’s not by much. But as you can see, if they are fairly accurate, the disparity in both CBs performances are not very different at all. The only major difference is the fact that Ramsey was able to pick off some passes while Tru wasn’t, which helped Ramsey lower his opposing passer rating as compared to Tru. 

Stats are close, but Jalen's are still better. Trufant couldn't catch an INT if his life depended on it (this season is an anomaly) and both players are used in completely different ways schematically. Trufant primarily plays off-zone in which he's asked not to let anyone get behind him in cover 3 and come up and make tackles. Whereas Jalen traditionally follows the other teams top WR so the stats are naturally skewed. I imagine if Jalen was asked to play Trufant's role he'd be even better than Sherman was in Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pay the Zebra said:

Going to laugh if the Rams miss the playoffs. IMO it's more likely than not with how the NFC is this year.

 

Plus look at their division.

 

Niners are still undefeated while the Seahawks are 5-1.

Peteshweddy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Stats are close, but Jalen's are still better. Trufant couldn't catch an INT if his life depended on it (this season is an anomaly) and both players are used in completely different ways schematically. Trufant primarily plays off-zone in which he's asked not to let anyone get behind him in cover 3 and come up and make tackles. Whereas Jalen traditionally follows the other teams top WR so the stats are naturally skewed. I imagine if Jalen was asked to play Trufant's role he'd be even better than Sherman was in Seattle.

I’m not disagreeing that Ramsey is better, I think he is too. But everyone wants to act like he’s a Greek god and the lord and savior combined compared to Tru when that’s just not...true. I honestly think Tru is a better man-to-man corner, and so was Alford. Forcing them to switch to being zone corners ruined them somewhat IMO. Neither were ideal fits for the Seattle style defense. Now on the Sherman/Seattle thing, it’s possible he could thrive more than Sherman, but Sherman has a very distinct style of play. He’s super physical at the line and basically everywhere after that, but his IQ is really what separated him from the really good, and even the great CBs at the time, to being the unquestioned best. This is coming from a guy that doesn’t even like Sherman, I just respect his game, even though I do think he gets away with a lot of grabbing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Actually Ramsey was worse in giving up more yards/snap and yards. If Tru held on to 2-3 picks more, he would have had better nfl rating than Ramsey. 
I wonder who the fool really is..

Newsflash smart guy:

Ramsey travels with #1 WRs. Trufant shadows a side of the field. Plus theres a big difference in passer rating allowed.

Let's look at the WRs he covered: Hopkins twice, TY Hilton twice, Larry Fitzgerald twice, OBJ, Tyreek Hill

Trufant partially covered: Michael Thomas twice, Mike Evans twice, AB Davante Adam's and AJ Green

His division has more marquee matchups than Trufant sees all year. And Trufant doesnt even cover the #1 guy. Remember famously when AJ was being covered by Oliver when he gave up a game winner last season to AJ Green. 

The difference is obvious to anyone that actually pays attention.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
DogIsYourName likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Newsflash smart guy:

Ramsey travels with #1 WRs. Trufant shadows a side of the field. 

Let's look at the WRs he covered: Hopkins twice, TY Hilton twice, Larry Fitzgerald twice, OBJ, Tyreek Hill

Trufant partially covered: Michael Thomas twice, Mike Evans twice, AB Davante Adam's and AJ Green

His division has more marquee matchups than Trufant sees all year. And Trufant doesnt even cover the #1 guy. Remember famously when AJ was being covered by Oliver when he gave up a game winner last season to AJ Green. 

The difference is obvious to anyone that actually pays attention.

New flash I showed you, out of 14 OBJ targets Ramsey covered him on 7. Keep peddling the myths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stizz said:

Falcons need to be smart and honest with themselves and flip Trufant while they can. Philly and KC lost out on Ramsey and absolutely would entertain a Trufant deal. 

That'd require the Falcons FO to be intelligent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Chalk that up to Trufant dropping 7 INTs last year lol. 

True either ways it’s crazy when your comparison is to Trufant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Ramsey would do us absolutely zero good. Not even he can cover for seven seconds every snap. 

But at least he can knock the crap out of whoever has the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of yall obviously don't watch Ramsey play.  The guy is a total stud.  QBs avoid him because he covers well, catches well, and tackles really well.  There's a lot more to playing CB than just covering a man.  Sadly, Trufant cannot catch or tackle.  Oliver can't even cover.

So to act like Ramsey would somehow be a waste on our team is just insane.

EDIT: Also, if you've watched the Jags this year (I have), then you'd know that their defense has been MUCH WORSE without Ramsey on the field.

Edited by DogIsYourName

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think a lot of this selling away 1st round draft picks is Stan Kroenke stressing trying to ensure that he's able to fill that historically expensive new stadium and entertainment complex when they open next season.

 

Rams will be in bad shape in 2 seasons.

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Some of yall obviously don't watch Ramsey play.  The guy is a total stud.  QBs avoid him because he covers well, catches well, and tackles really well.  There's a lot more to playing CB than just covering a man.  Sadly, Trufant cannot catch or tackle.  Oliver can't even cover.

So to act like Ramsey would somehow be a waste on our team is just insane.

 

 

The Falcons making Ramsey the top paid corner in the league while they have 0 pass rush would be a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And 24 million in dead cap space

I know the Falcons can’t get under the cap with that hit, but if they could I would be just fine eating that this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’m not disagreeing that Ramsey is better, I think he is too. But everyone wants to act like he’s a Greek god and the lord and savior combined compared to Tru when that’s just not...true. I honestly think Tru is a better man-to-man corner, and so was Alford. Forcing them to switch to being zone corners ruined them somewhat IMO. Neither were ideal fits for the Seattle style defense. Now on the Sherman/Seattle thing, it’s possible he could thrive more than Sherman, but Sherman has a very distinct style of play. He’s super physical at the line and basically everywhere after that, but his IQ is really what separated him from the really good, and even the great CBs at the time, to being the unquestioned best. This is coming from a guy that doesn’t even like Sherman, I just respect his game, even though I do think he gets away with a lot of grabbing. 

Tru and Alford definitely aren't a good fit for DQ's scheme, which is why I never understood why he didn't simply draft the guys to best fit the scheme. Instead he tried to force the scheme onto players who didn't fit. I guess he tried getting one of his guys by drafting Jalen Collins, but that's another story. I'm not suggesting Ramsey is a world-beater either just one of the best in the game today and therefore worth giving up capital for. The football IQ is a great point. Not sure Ramsey would be on Sherman's level in that regard, but without a doubt more physically gifted 

Atlantafan21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now